Sequel: Enlightenments

Acknowledgements

Let Me Know

"Okay go along, but remember not to be that loud, otherwise you will be in huge trouble with your father, and I think we both know how fun that is." Morzan says, smirking down at Kikyo.

"Yeah." She says, refusing to meet his eyes. She runs off holding her bag as close to her as she could without busting the stones. She finally gets to Murtagh's room, and sees him standing in front of the door, waiting for her.

"Hey, Kikyo. What's up?" Murtagh asks.

"I have to show you something." Kikyo says, motioning toward his bedroom.

"Come in then." Murtagh says, opening the door. She goes into the room, and sits on his bed. "Now, what's going on?" He asks, shutting the door before turning toward her.

"I went to Eldest to do my chores, and found these." Kikyo says, opening her bag to reveal the two stones.

"What are they?" Murtagh questions.

"I don't know! Eldest told me to guard them with my life." Kikyo says, shrugging.

"Then they must be important! So, where are you going to keep them?" Murtagh asks.

"I haven't figured that out yet. Where do you think I should keep them? After all, if I keep them in my room, my father will find them...." Kikyo mutters, deep in thought.

"Why don't you leave them here? I will watch over them, and that way you can come over, and look at them every day." Murtagh says, looking thoughtful.

"True.....okay, that's what I'm going to do. So, where are you going to keep them?" Kikyo asks, looking at Murtagh with a critical eye.

"I have a box in my closet that I'm sure they'll fit in." Murtagh says, pointing over his shoulder at the closet.

"Okay. Well, I suppose we should start practicing the Ancient Language. After all, I told your father that that's what we were going to be doing so that I could come and show you the stones." Kikyo says, pulling a scroll out of her bag.

"Why did you do that?!! We're going to be in so much trouble if my father walks in here and we don't even have our scrolls out!!" Murtagh shouts.

"Yeah well, I have to get going anyway. See you tomorrow." Kikyo says as she places the stones on Murtagh's bed, and walks out of the room. She goes to her room, and lays down on her bed, falling asleep not long afterward.

Morning comes, and Kikyo wakes up to Murtagh pounding on her door.

"What is it?" Kikyo asks in a sleepy voice.

"I think you need to come out. Your father is looking for you....something about Eldest." Murtagh says in a hurried voice.

"Coming." Kikyo says as she gets out of bed. She comes out a couple minutes later, and the two of them walk down the hallway, and into the dinning room, where Galbatorix is sitting with Morzan. "What's going on?" Kikyo asks.

"Have you seen anything in Eldest's pen that looks like a giant pebble?" Galbatorix demands, looking at Kikyo.

"No....why?" Kikyo asks, playing dumb.

"Oh, nothing. Just tell me if you do. It's very important that I find it." Galbatorix says in a friendly yet stern tone.

"All right. I'll tell you if I find anything." Kikyo says, bowing slightly.

"Okay, now that, that's over with, how are you two doing on learning the Ancient Language?" Galbatorix asks.

"Well, we had a hard time there for a while, but I think we're doing better. We still need to train, though....we-" Kikyo begins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA