Sequel: Enlightenments

Acknowledgements

Taking the Stone

"Okay, I'll give you until the end of the week to learn all the A's in the alphabet." Morzan says in an off handed voice.

"But that's not nearly enough time." Murtagh says in a confused voice.

"Then I suggest that you go and start studying NOW!" Morzan shouts, glaring at Murtagh. He leaves the room. Kikyo follows him out into the hallway, where they slowly start to walk toward their rooms.

"And?" Kikyo asks.

"And somehow they were outside of it when I woke up this morning!" Murtagh says, sounding confused.

"Really. I wonder how that happened. Weird." Kikyo says with a thoughtful look on her face.

"That's what I was thinking until I watched them roll out of the bowl when I put them back this morning. So I put them in a tout and walked out to get you." Murtagh says in an even voice.

"Can I come and see them?" Kikyo asks, looking at Murtagh.

"If you bring my scroll back at the same time!" Murtagh says, glaring at Kikyo.

"Yeah, I suppose you want them." Kikyo says, smiling.

"Yeah, considering that we are going to be tested on them at the end of the week!" Murtagh says in a slightly too loud voice.

"Yeah, that sucks." Kikyo says shaking her head.

"A LITTLE!!!" Murtagh shouts, only to echo off the walls.

"Well, I suppose I should go get them. Be back in a little while." Kikyo says as she runs down the hall toward her room. She enters her room, and grabs all the scrolls. She goes back to Murtagh's room, and walks in. "So, what's going on?" Kikyo asks.

"First, lets study for a little while, just so we can as least learn some of the language." Murtagh says, sighing.

"Okay." Kikyo says in a bored voice. They study for an hour. Murtagh walks over to his closet after the hour. Kikyo follows. When they see astounds Kikyo. "What the hell is going on!?" Kikyo demands.

"See! They grow!" Murtagh says in a flabbergasted voice. Kikyo lifts up the black stone, and walks over to Murtagh's bed, where she sets it down.

"It's so....beautiful!" Kikyo says in a mesmerized voice. Murtagh steps up next to her holding the red stone. The two of them sit down.

"Would it not be amazing if they turned out to be eggs!" Murtagh says in a mesmerized voice as well.

"Yeah, it would be.....well, what would you say if I brought this one back to my room with me?" Kikyo asks, motioning toward the black stone.

"Sure....so what has changed your mind?" Murtagh says, looking at Kikyo with confused eyes.

"I do not know....I just feel that I should bring it with me." Kikyo says, never looking away from the stone.

"Sure. So, are you going back to your room?" Murtagh asks, looking back at Kikyo.

"Yeah. I have to before my father comes to check up on me." Kikyo says with a sigh as she thinks of what her father would do if he caught her away from her room so late at night.

"Oh, I suppose. Well, see yuh tomorrow then." Murtagh says, looking at Kikyo with sadness.

"Yeah, see yuh." Kikyo says as she picks up the stone, and walks out of the room. She goes back to her room, and falls asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA