Don't Pay Attention

Insomniatic

It was seven a.m. and I was already awake when my mom knocked on the door to wake me up. "Jasey," she whispered thinking I was still asleep. "Oh, you're up already." She said walking in. I was sitting on my bed with my guitar in my hands. "Why are you up already? We won't be leaving for a few more hours." I just looked around my room at all of the boxes that contained my belongings. Then I looked down at my guitar, one of the only things that wasn't packed. "I guess I'm just excited to be going to Camp Caswell one more tme before we move. Besides, my insomnia is getting worse. I was up for most of the night writting songs again."

Camp Caswell is a Christian camp on the North Carolina Outter Banks. It was held every summer. Different events were held there every year, and this year, it's focused on helping others. I am signed up for teaching kids soccer. I'm not much of one for kids, but hey, soccer is involved so I'm happy. I'll have my guitar when I get bored.

Mom pushed my suitcase off my bed and sat down in its place. "Look Jase, I know you are nervous about the move and all, but you need your sleep. Your guitar and piano will be there in the morning." I stared at her blankly. Partly because I was tired and partly because I didn't know what to say. I sighed. "Mom, one, I'm not nervous. I really think it will be a good fresh start for me and my music. Two, I know my instruments will be there but my ideas won't. They are the reason I don't sleep. If I write them down, I won't forget. Look at Owl City. His stuff is amazing, and he has insomnia!" My mother just looked at me and smiled. "Point well taken. I wonder how much Owl City's mom spent on notebooks and pens for him." I gave a quick laugh. "Well go shower and finish getting packed and I'll drop you off with your youth group at church." Mom said picking up my suitcase and rolling it out into the hallway.

I stood up and smoothed mt Transformer pajama pants (I had to remember to pack those for camp) and walked to my bathroom. I took a look at myself in the mirror and pulled my long blonde hair out of its ponytail. Remnants of my mascara were on my cheek. I brushed them off and rubbed my eyes, My normal clear, blue ones were now red and puffy with dark circles underneath due to lack of sleep. Nothing a little concealer and eye drops can't fix. I took a cold shower in attempt to wake me up, it was unsucessful. I could only hope for a nap in the church van this morning on the way to camp.

That was doubtful. Everyone would be talking away. Especially me and my two best friends, Noel and Aleeya (pronounced Uh-lee-uh) Noel was kind of quiet and conservative, but she really opened up around me and Aleeya. Aleeya is booooy craaaazy! Noel however, isn't so much. Granted, Noel and I like boys a lot, but not like Aleeya. She hunts them down! She even called me last night to tell me she was excited to see all the hotties. People came from all over the US to Camp Caswell. It's a pretty big place but not every youth group gets accepted in.

I hopped out of the shower, wraped one towel around my body, another around my hair, and walked into my bedroom. I threw on my denim mini skirt with a zebra tank top and my black flip flops. I threw on some earrings and bracelets and put on my make-up (taking extra time on my eyestoo make sure they looked good and didn't look so tired). My hair was finally drying in its naturally curly state. I grabbed my Transformers PJ's and walked into the kitchen and layed them on my suitcase.

"Well, well, well. Don't you look pretty." My mom smiled setting pancakes down infront of me. I just smiled back. "Mom, you know how girly I am. I always wear stuff like this. My suitcase is full of it." My mom looked at my Transformers PJ's and then opened my suitcase to put them away, "Yeah," she said. "it's also full of boxers, shorts, cleats, and boy T-shirts." I nodded my head and swallowed a mouth full of pancake. "Thats for soccer. And I sleep in boxers. So comfy. Look underneath all of those." Mom dug underneath all of my guy attire to reveal skinny jeans, dresses, skirts, cute shirts and tank tops, a bag of make-up, a jewlery box, and assorted hair products, "Jasey. Really?" Stilletos?" Mom asked dangiling them above my suitcase. I just grinned. "I always have to make my best impression EVERYWHERE I go, and they may come in handy." Mom rolled her eyes and re-packed my suitcase.

I finished my breakfast and ran to pack up my guitar. I grabbed my music folder full of songs with guitar chords I printed off and stuck them in my guitar case. "Ahhh, come on Nathan." I said to my guitar. "We have a week of sun, sand, and music." It was a little embarrasing that I named my guitars but I feel like I had a stronger connection to them that way. My other acoustic guitars name is Brendan and my elctrics name is Jack. Nathan is my favorite. He is a Martin acoustic/electric. I packed him away and headed back into the kitchen.

Mom was already packing my stuff into the Mazda. "Alrighty. Are you ready to go?" She asked. I nodded my head and smiled revealing my pearly white smile. Mom just flashed me her matching one. I walked over to the fence in the backyard to say goodbye to my basset hound, Dixie Belle. I pet her on the head and she let out her basset hound howl in a goodbye. I walked back to the car and hopped in the passenger seat.

"Are you sure you just aren't worried about the move?" My mom asked me again, turning down the music. She placed her hand on my knee as I sighed. "Mom, I'm sure. Of course I'm kind of sad but I'm more excited than anything." I crossed my arms and looked out the window. "I'm worried about you Jasey Rae." Jasey Rae. Mom only used my full first name when she was worried. "I'm worried about your insomnia. I can handle it in the summer but when school starts, you are gonna need sleep. When we get to Utah, do you want me to take the first week that we are there off of work and stay home with you while they are getting ready for school that week? I just looked at her. "No Mom. You have to work. That's the reason we are moving, You can't just stop your photography business for my little sleep problem." She siged. "Ok Jase, I understand. You are such my child. I know you miss your dad but everything will be okay once we get settled in when we get to Utah." My dad had gotten killed in a car accident a year ago. I gave a quick twinge of pain. "I love you mom." I said. "I love you too Jasey Rae"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please keep a look out for Chapter two tomorrow. I hope you like it!!!!