Love In a Coffeeshop

Panda Bear

thursday
July 17th, 2007
12:20pm


It was only twenty after twelve in the afternoon the next day when I left my apartment finally. I had gotten a much better sleep surprisingly compared to the night before and I felt so much better. However, I also decided that I was going to pass on today going to the coffee shop. What I really needed today was to just go to the park and lie in the grass. So I figured that’s what I could do exactly and here I was with a blanket in my hand heading toward the park.

When I got to the park I found the perfect spot and laid the blanket down. I sat there too just thinking. Maybe I should have seen Vienna today? Nah, I didn’t have to and she knew I wasn’t going to be meeting her today anyway. Before I had left I had sent her a text telling her that I would much rather see her tomorrow. All I had to do today was hang out and relax.

Yawning I laid down on the soft blue blanket I had brought with me. I looked up at the sky and watched the different shaped clouds slowly pass by me. Yep this was going to be an interesting day. Then after just a few minutes of making shapes out of the clouds a dog came running over to me.

Barking he jumped on me and started to lick my face. I sat up real fast at the surprise of the dog, but pushed the dogs face away to stop the licking. When the dog got the idea that I didn’t want to be licked I started to pet him with a smile.

“Oh geez I’m really sorry about that,” some girl said rushing over to me. She grabbed her dogs collar and hooked a blue leash on it.

“No that’s perfectly fine,” I laughed as I continued to pet the Shiba Inu. Looking at the dog reminded me of when Vienna and I had gone on such a nice walk in this park. I sighed remembering it and it didn’t help because I knew that I still liked her. I just knew that it wouldn’t work. I couldn’t handle Vienna even if I wanted to, there was too much drama going on with her.

“Um, well I’m Nicole by the way,” the girl said extending her hand out to shake it. I smiled and shook her hand saying, “I’m Adam, nice to meet you and your dog.”

“His name is Duncan by the way” Nicole said with a smile and then said, “Would you by any chance know my sister?”

“Well I don’t know, what’s your sisters name?” I chuckled.

“Right, that would be helpful,” she said rolling her eyes, “Her name is Vienna.”

“Oh, Vienna, yeah I know her,” I shrugged, “I knew the dog looked familiar.”

“You say it as if it’s a bad thing you know her,” she said her brows furrowing.

“I’ve just been going through a lot with her. Have you read her new book?” I asked turning my attention back to Nicole’s dog.

“No I haven’t what has she got herself into this time?” she sighed.

“Long story short she just used me so she could have one of her main characters in her book. And her publisher turned out to really be her boyfriend is all,” I quickly explained.

“Oh you know I knew she was up to something and I knew something was wrong with her too these past few days,” Nicole stated shaking her head, “she needs to stop messing up her life.”

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

“Vienna has always been the person to do things even though she knows that’s she’ll regret them and frankly she hasn’t had the best of luck with things growing up because of it,” she replied, “I know that she really likes you though other wise she would have never pursued you for her story. She must have just been using that as an excuse to talk to you.”

“But why if she has a boyfriend already?” I said.

“She doesn’t even like him our parents paired them together and really I think he’s just using her to get to me anyway.” she explained, “And even though it would be weird I wouldn’t mind if I got with him.”

I laughed and Nicole awkwardly laughed with me. Nicole explaining all of this to me about Vienna made me really think twice about her. She was just a person who struggled in life and had gone through so many hardships. It all made sense now, but that still didn’t excuse what she did to me. Although, now I knew I was going to be ready when I talked with her tomorrow.

“Thanks for the chat Nicole it was nice and very informing,” I smiled with a nod scratching behind Duncan’s ears.

“I figured it was. It was very nice meeting you Adam and I hope things work out alright between the two of you. I’d love to see you at our family gatherings,” she giggled as she waved goodbye and Duncan followed quickly behind. I lightly laughed to myself again and laid back down with my arms behind my head.

Closing my eyes I started to think to myself about my coming up concert tomorrow night and possible new songs that I could start. Then again soon I was going to be shooting a video for Early Birdie with my friends. I had a lot on my agenda and getting this situation finished with Vienna was at the top of the list.

friday
July 18th, 2007
10:00pm


Well I was positive of one thing, today was going to work out. I was up early and ready to get to the coffee shop to continue my usual routine again. Go there, get coffee, hang out, have a chat with Vienna that was desperately needed. Surprisingly too I wasn’t nervous about any of this and I knew whatever happened I was going to be alright anyway. I did get this far didn’t I?

Beaming with confidence I boldly walking into the shop with a smile on my face. I noticed Vienna waiting at my table, but instead of going over to her I went over to Rob for a coffee. When I got to the counter Rob looked happy to see me.

“Hey man what’s up? Missed you yesterday,” Rob greeted.

“Yeah, I decided to skip out yesterday I went to the park all day instead,” I explained as Rob turned, still listening, to get my usual.

“Yeah well I wouldn’t blame you Vienna was here and she’s here again today as a matter of fact,” Rob warned placing the coffee on the counter and then a lid on top.

“Oh yeah I saw her it’s no big deal I wanted to talk to her today anyway,” I shrugged with a careless smile. Before turning I saw a confused look on Rob’s face as if to say, what’s gotten into you?

Coffee in hand I strolled over to the table where Vienna sat trying not to seem like she was watching me. She was picking at the ends of her napkin that her own coffee rested on. I sat across from her in my regular seat as I took another sip from my coffee and placed it on the table.

“Long time no see Vienna,” I greeted with a small smile.

“Oh, um, yeah, hi Adam,” Vienna said take aback with my sweetness, “So are we going to talk about . . . You know.”

“Yeah, definitely I just wanted to go into this with a positive attitude you know?” I informed.

“I guess . . .” she paused, “I just thought that you would be a little angry with me like you were two days ago. I’m actually kind of confused.”

“I don’t know I’m just in a good mood.” I smiled.

“Is it because of that talk you had with my sister yesterday that your acting like this?” she asked.

“Ah, yeah I had a talk with her yesterday when I was at the park. Got to meet the dog again too, Duncan.” I explained.

“Yeah but what did she say to you?” she questioned.

“I don’t know just how you don’t really like your boyfriend-” she cut me off.

B-boyfriend what are you talking about I don-” this time I cut her off.

“It’s alright I already knew I ran into him and he told me its not biggie. It was a really big shocker, but you know I’ve put up with all this, pardon my language, crap that it’s just becoming mainstream and I’ve talked with my friend and he’s right. Whatever happens, happens.”

“Look, Adam, I am really sorry about all of this. I really am and I just feel to awful doing this. I used you when I knew you had a crush on me,” she confessed. Her eyes started to become glassy and it looked as if she was going to cry.

“It’s alright, ok? If I look at it differently then everything will be fine, right?” I stated.

“Just knock it off! Your making it seem like everything I’ve done is alright and I know for a fact that its not!” she shouted at me. It actually took me by surprise. I thought that she would be relieved to hear that I was going to forgive her for what she’s done, but it was the total opposite.

“Look, Vienna, I’ve really thought this over and . . . . The more I think about it the more I’m actually ok about it,” I nodded with a small smile.

“Is it because my sister said I liked you?” Vienna said looking in the other direction.

“That might partly be it. So you know what? I’m just going to say it before I never get the chance.” I started taking a deep breath, “Vienna Newman, I don’t know how it happened, but I’ve really fallen in love with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:D yippee!Chapter 11! and its longer! :D and people are still reading even though I've just started to update again! :D huza! I love you all so much! ^-^ thanks guys.
Oh and heads up! The series is almost over :\
(Ah, and what do you think of the new layout huh? :D)

-Jagked (Sam)
I <3 Comments.

Image
This picture is so freakin awesome don't you think? I got it off of DeviantART. :D