Status: Yeah, just tell me what you think!

Chained

Charlotte gets to adopt a dog after wanting one all of her life, but realizes she gets more than she bargained for. Stuck with a weredog, she finds that her brothers disappearance is maybe connected to the shape shifting world.
--------------------------------------------------------

I laid on my bed and looked at the blinds. Light shined threw them and created bright stripes along the floor and walls of my dark room. Even the warm strips of light couldn’t bring color to my dull and lifeless room. Goosebumps rippled across my surprised skin as the cool AC finally reached me, as it did every afternoon that I lay in my bed. I hadn't moved from my bed in three days and didn't intend to move for a couple more. I missed him.

"LOTTIE, COME DOWN HERE WE NEED TO TALK!" Crystal, my step mother, called from downstairs. I sighed, not really wanting to move. I heard her shout again, threatening about taking away something.

Reluctantly, I shifted and half rolled myself off of my bed and stood up. I pulled my white tank top back down over my stomach and tried to untangle the blonde mass of tangles on the top of my head. I gave up and racked a brush threw it and straitened out some of the crinkles in my jeans.

I slugged myself out of my room and made my way down the stairs into the kitchen to where Crystal had called me. I sat up at our counter and looked at her as she was pouring herself some coffee.

"So your dad and I have been talking," She said, turning to me and leaning on the counter. I looked at her and cocked my eyebrow. "and we decided that you can get a dog."

My heart fluttered and I smiled. I had wanted a dog my hole life but was always deemed irresponsible and unworthy. "Do you really mean it?" I asked.

"Yes, you ready to go?" She asked smiling back at me. I jumped up out of my chair and rushed for my bedroom, grabbing my purse and jacket, and rushed back down to her. Crystal laughed as she slipped on her coat and opened the front door.
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10