Status: Yeah, just tell me what you think!

Chained

6

I looked up at Walter, who was still in just a shirt and flip flops.

"We're going to have to go shopping, people can’t see you in these clothes, lets do that before we go get coffee." I said watching Walter's skin ripple with goosebumps.

"I don't have any money." He said shoving his hands in his pockets. I dug in my bag and fished out my credit card.

"My dad does." I said. He sighed.

“Why do I have to go shopping when I have all the clothes I need at your house?” Walter asked, his voice filled with the usual male frustration when it came to shopping. Anger blasted through me. I wanted to shout ‘Because those aren’t your clothes!’ but I kept my mouth shut. Walter looked down at me sensing my anger. “Whats got your panties in a wad?” he asked.

I released my steam through my nose and calmed myself. “Well if you’re going to be living with me for a while, you’re going to need some clothes for yourself, because Crystal will notice if you are wearing Martin’s clothes.”

“Whose Martin?” Walter asked.

“Hes my older brother.” I said mumbled. Talking about Martin was a hard topic for me.

“Does he live out of town or something?” He asked.

“What makes you so interested in my personal life? It’s none of your business.” I said, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to look at him. Walter turned around sharply, coming a little to close for comfort.

“It is my business Charlotte,” he fumed, my heart fluttering at the sound of my name on his lips “I’m not happy about this either, but we’re stuck together weather you like it or not. I’m going to live with you, I’m going to be with you for 24/7, and if I’m even going to pretend to be your boyfriend I think I should know something about you, don’t you think?”

I stood there flustered, my mouth agape but no words seemed to form in my mouth. Walter sighed angrily and started walking again. I jumped and caught up to him.

“Martin lives out of town. Crystal is my stepmother who works a lot, and my dad James is never around because he works up in Chicago.” I said nervously. Walter nodded and we continued walking in silence.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn't have exploded like that.” I said finally.

“I’m sorry too, I shouldn't have yelled at you.” Walter said, his voice calm and regretful. “Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to start acting boyfriendly” He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I could feel my face blush as I strolled along his side

We walked in silence the rest of the way until we were downtown.

"I'm not wearing those." Walter said while glaring down at me.

I'm paying, you wear what I buy." I said shoving the clothes at him again. He clenched his jaw and let his breath hiss between his teeth as he snatched the clothes out of my arms and walked into the dressing room.

"Come on, you might even like it!" I called. He slammed the door in my face and I could hear him grumble to himself.

I sat on the bench across from his dressing room and tapped my toe waiting. My thoughts wandered to Martin as the seconds ticked by.

Martin and I had gone shopping together all the time, it was always fun. He always seemed to be shopping for a new girlfriend, and he would have me try on clothes to see if they looked okay before he bought them for the girl.

I smiled, then frowned. Something stirred up in me, and reassurance flooded through my mind. I was going to find him.

"This is the only thing that I like." I looked up at Walter, snapping out of my daze. He was in a white v-neck and had simple slim fit jeans on. I smiled and nodded.

"Alright, but we're getting more colors." He rolled his eyes and bowed before he shrank back into the dressing room. I smiled and rolled my eyes back and got up from my seat and went and grabbed him some other colors of shirts and jeans.

“What about this?” Walter asked from behind me. I turned to look at him and blushed. Even though it was a simple western plaid shirt, it made him look extremely handsome.

“Ye-yeah, that looks good.” I said. He nodded and returned back into his dressing room.

I tried to shake off my flustered state but failed. Walter came back out in Martin’s old clothes with the others hanging from his arm. I forced him to try on some shoe until we found a pair and I picked out a leather jacket. Finally after an hour or so we made it to the check out line.

"You' ready to check out ma'am?" asked a cashier confidently, smiling and giving me a quick look up and down. I put on a plastic smile and nodded, setting all the clothes on the counter.

I felt a warm hand on the small of my back and I looked up at Walter, whose face was tense and glared at the cashier. Soon the cashiers smile faded and his body became tense and twitchy under his glare.

I blushed, felling the warmth of his hand seep into my back as I handed the cashier my credit card. The nervous cashier handed me the bags and my credit card back and mumbled a good day to us as we left the store. A humored smile crept up Walters lips as we walked down the sidewalk.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked Walter, stepping away from his warm hand. He just smiled wider and laughed through his nose, putting his hands back into his pockets.

"Come on, lets find a place for you to change, I don't want anyone to see you in Martin’s clothes." I said, linking my arm through his.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay new layout, but I think it may be to dark for this story :/