Just Wanted To Be Loved

In The Car

I woke to see Max looking out the window like he was looking for something. "Max." I said clearly.

"Yeah?" He looked down at me then smiled (I think because I was awake).

"Nothing."

"OK." Then he looked back out the window again in search.

"What are you looking for?" I just wanted to hear him talk.

"What do you mean?" He looked at me then back out the window.

"Well, your looking out the window like you need to find something, but you never will."

He close his eyes, took a deep breathe then open his eyes to look at me. "I'm not looking for anything. Just thinking."

"About what?" He wasn't the most talkative but he'll tell you things if you ask.

"You and.......... what happen."

"Don't think about that. It wasn't your fault."

"I can't stop." He looked out the window. "I just wish there is more I could of done." I saw there was tears in his eyes. "I love you Mark. I won't let anything or anyone hurt you ever again." The tears were gone and there was only pain left. "I mean it this time."

"Max." I sat up and nothing hurt. "Give me a hug." I don't know why but tears started to come down my face. He did move he just looked out the window. So I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his right shoulder and looked out the window. I have never said 'I love you' to someone ever before because every time I said it they leave me alone. But maybe Max will be different. "I love you Max."