Silver and Cold

Chapter 2

Davey's POV
"Help!" the scared voice of mystery girl called from just over the ledge. She had somehow managed to grab onto the ledge. I quickly wrapped one arm around the railing and grabbed her forearm, and she latched onto mine.
"I'm gonna try and pull you up, ok?" I looked down to see if there was anything that she could push off of. There wasn't.
"Ok...go!" I started pulling as she tried in vain to find some foot hold.
"Stop moving for a second, ok?" she just nodded her head, "Guys I need help!" This was obviously going to be harder than it looked.
"I'm coming over Davey, look out." Hunter started climbing over the railing and stood on my right side. He leant down and grabbed her other arm.
"Ok let's try again, on the count of three." I looked to Hunter and he nodded. "One...two...three" We pulled with all out might and she started coming up. Jade and Adam reached over and grabbed her hands to help steady her once she reached the ledge.
"Well that was fun. I'm gonna get back on the bridge now." Her voice quavered slightly as she spoke. After she was safely on the bridge, Hunter climbed over as I grabbed my jacket and followed suit.
"I'm Sophie, by the way, and thanks for saving me!" She held out her hand for me to shake.
"I'm Davey." I stated simply and shook her hand.
"I'm Adam, nice to meet you." She shook Adam's hand then moved onto Jade and Hunter. After we were all introduced we stood awkwardly for a minute, then we all began to speak.
"Well I shou-"
"Would you li-"
"We'll leave you tw-" Great. More awkward silence.
"Hunter, Adam and I need to get back to the studio to finish up our stuff. Will you be alright taking a cab home?" Jade turned to me. I knew that he really meant, will you go back to the hotel and not kill yourself and not be a pain in the ass.
"Yeah Jade, I'll be fine. Go on. See you guys later."

Sophie's POV
The other guys left leaving Davey and I standing awkwardly on the bridge.
"Do you want to get some coffee? It's pretty chilly out here, it might be nice. My treat, after all I almost got you killed...." Davey continued to ramble a little, which was slightly cute. Wait.... cute? I can't think that. I have a boyfriend. Plus, boys are just trouble. I should say no and just go home.
"Sure, I'd love to get some coffee. Follow me." Fuck! What the hell did I just agree to? I started walking across the bridge with Davey following right beside me. What. The. Fuck? I'm going to get coffee with this guy I just met, and that I think is cute? This is so going to be a disaster. And why am I taking him to this side of the bridge? He might see us. Oh well, too late to turn back now.
We continued on in silence for a little while longer until we finally came to the coffee shop. It was a small mom and pop place that had amazing pastries. One great thing about France.
"Well, here we are.... .It may not be very fancy, but it's nice and the people are very friendly."
"Sounds great to me." He smiled slightly at me and I returned the smile. He held the door open for me like a true gentleman should. We ordered our drinks and sat down at a secluded table in the back. Now time for more awkward conversations!
"Soooo.... You guys are American?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee.
"Yeah, we're in a band and we're from California. We decided to come here for inspiration to make our next album. What about you?"
"I'm from Colorado originally. I came here last year as part of a study abroad program at the university of Paris. I just decided to stay after graduation. I didn't really have anything to go back to in the states. So I got a place and a job here." At least conversation is flowing a little more smoothly. We continued to sip at our drinks for a little while longer. Then I couldn't stand it anymore.
"Sorry if I seem rude, but, why were you going to jump?" He looked a little taken aback at me asking him. He took a sip of his coffee as he pondered over his answer.
"Well.... I....I don't really know how to go about explaining. Whatever I have in my mind ready to say sounds fucking stupid and like I can't handle anything." He looked down in to his drink as if it were the most interesting thing ever.
"I'm sure that's not the case. Tell you what, if you tell me this, I will tell you something about myself that I have never told anyone before." He looked into my eyes, judging if I would really hold my end of the bargain.
"Alright.....I used to be in love with this girl. Her name was Maria...."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave comments guys! I wont know if you like it if you don't comment!!!!!!!!!!! :)