Silver and Cold

chapter 5

Davey's POV

I watched her sprint away from the cafe and at that moment I really began to worry. Something was obviously not right, even though she tried to hide her life. I wish I had gotten her number so I could be assured of getting a hold of her. Or, I could just go to the bridge at the same time tomorrow. Good thinking brain! I finally stood up, put on my jacket and left the cafe. i walked back the way we came, passing over the bridge. I now loved that bridge just because I met her. Shit. I'm falling for a girl I just met. This is going to be one huge fucking disaster. I pulled out my phone and dialed Jade's number.
"Hey man, everything alright?" Jade greeted me.
"Yeah, just finished having coffee with Sophie. I invited her to our concert on Saturday, hope that's alright." Not like I need their permission for inviting her....
"Yeah of course. Just be careful, ok? You just met the girl." He sounded genuinely concerned. I know he was just being a good friend, hell I just tried to off myelf because of the last girl. But what he said still just annoyed the shit out of me. Instead of saying some snappy asshole comeback I just sighed and said, "Yeah I know man. Where are you guys?"
"We're at the studio still, but we're just about to go out and grab some dinner at the usual place, wanna join us?" The "usual place" is this little cafe that's halfway between our hotel and the studio, which has amazing food. But I just wasn't hungry tonight.
"No, that's alright. I'll just head back to the hotel."
"Want us to get you anything?" Even though I love Jade, I just wanted to punch him in the face right now, just because he was being a good, concerned friend. What the fuck is wrong with me?
"No that's alright. I'll catch up with you guys later." I was passing bu so many happy coupled on the street tonight. As I looked as their entwined hands I couldn't help but think of Sophie and feel a pang of jealousy go through me. I shouldn't think about her like that she has a boyfriend. Still, she did say she doesn't even like the guy....
"Alright. Be safe man." Dial tone. What he really meant by "be safe" was "don't kill yourself" Great. Now all the guys think I'm fucking psycho. At least they aren't trying to follow my around every second of every minute.
I finally made it back to the hotel. It was a nice hotel, nothing too fancy. We each had our own rooms because hotels in France are fucking tiny! I opened the door to my room and walked in. I shut and locked the door, took off my coat and threw it on the floor and threw myself on the bed. I was just starting to drift away when my phone started ringing. Probably the guys bugging me to see if I got to the hotel ok, or if I threw myself in front of traffic.
"What? I'm at the hotel?" For a few seconds there wasn't any reply. Then a timid voice started to speak.
"Um I... Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you." I could recognize that voice anywhere. Though now she sounded so weak and scared, compared to when I saw her earlier today.
"Sophie? Don't worry about it, I thought you were one of the guys. Are you ok? Is everything alright?" I sat bolt upright, thinking the worst.
"No... I mean yeah. I don't know. I just called to see when the concert was.... and um where and yeah..."
"Yeah... Um Saturday night, it starts at 9. I don't know where it is, but I could pick you up? But i'd have to get you early cause I have to be there for sound check. So I could get you at 6?"
"Sure that sounds great, meet me at the bridge?" She was starting to get a little more confidence in her voice now.
"Sophie.... I... can't wait to see you again." God that was stupid! I heard her lsugh every so slightly.
"Yeah, me too. I gotta go now, I'll see you Saturday at 6. Bye!" That last part sounded more urgent and made me start to worry again.
"Sophie?" Too late. She already hung up. I guess I will have to wait till Saturday....
♠ ♠ ♠
So....... Should I continue??? PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! :)