Obsession

Obsession

He stares blankly at the projection and smiles. He likes what he sees because it is himself. His desire of measuring every inch of his body still cannot be satisfied, although when given a general picture, he can tell whether it is his or not. Jonas would have done so if it weren't for the complete mystery of the body's movements. Every movement brings new sensations, new feelings, new emotions that are then left stagnant, but somehow still living, inside his heart. This emotion, this obsession.

These emotions bring up questions, questions that are so profound, that he takes interest into what answers he can conjure to quench the thirst of answers."Could true love ever be found? What is the meaning of life? Why are we made this way?" Of course, no well thought answers have been found without a debate, and he thought his only fitting opponent was himself. He started with questions of the body, which then could not avoid questions of the heart. Clearly, he could not rule out such strong emotions and thought could not triumph over what the heart chooses to decide.

He starts to dress himself with a polo shirt, jeans and white shoes. He could not have been happier as he held the small box, with an opening on one end. Looking at it one more time before he keeps it in his pocket until the time it is needed again arises, he likes the way the diamond glistens on the silver-like rod-like structures that hold it in place. "This will look perfect on her hand", he said to himself.

He drives to the restaurant where he had told his girlfriend to go. Today was their anniversary, so he wanted to bring her to a very formal restaurant, with expensive dishes and live music bands. He waited at the door and he saw his beautiful girl coming out of the Toyota Innova, wearing such a beautiful dress of royal purple. The sight was jaw dropping, but he felt like it was normal, he had always thought his girlfriend was beautiful, even in her pajamas. "You look beautiful today", he said. An apparent blush appears from the beautiful girl, even after the numerous accounts where he had complimented his looks. He offered her his hand, and they went in the restaurant.

After a delicious course of gourmet meals, and of course some wine to compliment it, he had gone out of the topic of their college friends and he started to make his move.

"Honey, I have something to tell you"
"What is it?" sounding a bit uncomfortable, she had never seen him so uneasy before. He was always confident,and she couldn't be blamed if this was a first.
He knelt down beside her seat, in that all too familiar pose."Will you marry me?"

Tears rolled down her face as she looked him in the eyes and said "No...". He looked stunned, and very confused. He felt like his whole world crumbled, and he showed that expression on his face.

"JUST KIDDING! Yes, of course I will marry you." she broke into laughter, and he immediately knew that she really was the one that he needed.

And just like a fairy tale,they had their happy ending. But he will forever remember that night. That night where he last regarded himself as the object of obsession. He has found a new object, the love of his life.