To The End

The Protector

Nothing. There was nothing that could explain yesterday's events in the park, not even radio-active spiders and rocks. I have considered every possible solution but nothing fits in, it just doesn't make sense.

I called Mikey and told him everything, he was pretty shocked as well. He's at the library at the moment actually, looking through different possibilities in books. I didn't want to do it myself, to be honest libraries scare the crap out of me.

So there's me left at home whilst mum is at work, sat on my bed. I've been sat here for about two hours now just thinking. I was close to returning to the park, but then decided otherwise because I doubted he would be there. He is more likely to be haunting someone than hanging around a kids play area.

"Frank..." A weak voice called my name from downstairs, hesitating for a minute before I stood up and left the room in search of my caller.

From the top of the stairs I peered down and saw him. The ghost. He was stood in the middle of the living room looking up at me, staring. I descended down slowly in fear he would disappear again, I couldn't let that happen, not again. I must learn more about him, discover his name, then I could help. Find out why he is here to begin with.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" I waited for an answer but got no reply.

"Frank,"

"Yes, that's my name. How do you know me?"

"I'm here to... protect you."

"Why do you need to protect me?"

"Because you are in danger." I started to panic, what is going to happen to me that makes me need a protector? Why me?

My protector noticed my reactions and backed away from me in the direction of the door. He can't leave me yet, I have so many questions that need answers. I grabbed his shoulder and faced me once again, his eyes suddenly turning shockingly black. I let go quickly and stepped back, his eyes returned to their normal colour and he disappeared through the door. I let him leave.

*the next day*

Me and Mikey were at school once again and sat in the auditorium for lunch. It was quiet in here today, so we could talk to each other comfortably without any idoits throwing shit at us and interrupting.

"So Mikes, did you find anything in the library?"

"Yes I did actually, there was one book that mentioned something about a protector. They can make themselves a solid body form only to the one they wish to look over, no one else. And if the chosen one being protected were to get hurt or killed, so would the ghost. The book said they only look over the ones who need it most, or if something seriously bad was coming their way."

So that is why I can touch him, he is a protector. But that can only mean something is going to happen to me, something very bad...

We spent the rest of the lunch time talking about how I could be in trouble, it varied from an evil force coming for me because I had some special importance in the future, to the ghost making a mistake and finding the wroung guy. I preffered the second one to be honest.

Once I had got home that day I hoped to find my ghost waiting for me to speak again, because this time I had a little more of an idea of what is going on. But instead of that, I found mum of the sofa breaking down into tears. I rushed over and held her tight, something terrible must have upset her because nothing ever makes her cry.

"Mum, what's hapenned, please don't cry." she continued to cry until she finally managed to speak:

"It's dad, he's... dead."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter three now up and running, woot! I have noticed my chapters are not very long... but do you mind? Tell me if you want them a little longer and stuff, leave a comment on what you think of this chapter, there will be a tinsy bit of frerard action soon...

*Chelsey*