Status: Working Progress

On the Surface I Have the Perfect Life, But My Life Isn't Surfacing

Mr and Mrs (19)

Maggie had been so happy I had called she had literally jumped for joy.

I was on my way to meet her, in my flash little Mercedes. It seemed so weird that just a week ago I was sobbing by Marcus’s bed and now I was speeding away to buy a beautiful new dress for a function with the Healthy Marcus.

I parked my car and met walked inside the massive shopping centre. A screech filled my ears.

“OH MY GOD, YOU ARE ALIVE!” Maggie screamed, pulling me into a hug. I stepped back flustered.

“Yes Mags I am!” I laughed, as dragged me to a little boutique.

“Now, now I hear that you need a swanky little dress”

“Yes, yes I do.” I nodded apprehensively “But nothing too… “

“Blah blah blahh, you my darling are going to look like a slammin’ hottie’!” Maggie laughed loudly and place dozens of dresses in my hands.

“Fine fine fine, but not this!” I said holding up a piece of sheer fabric “…and definitely not this’’ I said dropping a lime green mini dress on the floor.

“Fine, what about this?” she showed me this one shoulder, midnight blue cocktail dress. I was stunned. It was beautiful, perfect! “You like it CJ?”

“Uh hum, yep its just so…” I grasped the velvet material in my hand, the jewelled embellishments on the shoulder, leaving me awe struck. “Me.”

I bought the dress, shoes, bracelets, rings, make…..I bought enough.

“It has been so good seeing you today baby girl. I wish that you didn’t live so far away!” She hugged me. “Well anyway… See you soon” she laughed and watched me speed away.

When I got back Marcus was pacing the living room floor.

“What’s up?” I said, dropping my several thousand bags.

“Did you know we had to go to a dinner tonight?!” he said fuming,

“Yes, didn’t you?”

“Obviously not, CJ!” Marcus seethed; I stepped back and sat down. “Well do you know what’s going to happen at this dinner!?”

“We will eat and meet new people….”

“If only, we are announcing our wedding….” he said sitting down.
I made and ‘o’ sound with my mouth. I hadn’t realised this was what Megan meant when

she said ‘presenting us a couple.’

“It wont be that bad Marcus, calm down” I stood up, taking the bags with me.

“Do you err want me to help you with those bags?” Marcus asked rubbing the back of his neck.

“No I got this, thanks anyway.” I walked away, Megan stopping me on the stairs.

“Oh CJ that’s a lot of bags! Anyway darling be down here for 6 . Now go get ready!” Megan shouted.