Status: Working Progress

On the Surface I Have the Perfect Life, But My Life Isn't Surfacing

When I grow up, I want to eat cake- and lots of it(42)

I woke up, in my own bed- yes I know nothing too unusual but I definitely don’t remember falling asleep here.

I sighed and spread flat on my back, staring up at the patterned ceiling.

Then I remembered last night, eating Chinese food, wearing sweats and falling asleep in Marcus’s arms- It’s like we’re a couple.

My few moments of peace were disrupted, when Megan barging into my room.

“CJ, I thought I told you, to be up already” Megan shouted, flapping at me.

“wh-what, Megan?” I looked at her confused.

“we have a meetings all day today with the caterers, Picking out the venue and the ring fittings” She sighed once again and stared at me.

“What?”

“Get up then, you have 15 minutes” Megan said, hurrying out of the room.

I groaned inwardly, but slowly sat up.

I headed towards my closet and picked out my beige chino’s, A striped long sleeved top and a chunky necklace, I pulled on my Heeled ankle boots and sweeped my hair up into a messy bun and swiped concealer under my eyes, before brushing my teeth.
I grabbed my Navy trench coat and my phone, and headed downstairs.

“Finally” I heard Marcus say, standing up as I reached the bottom.

“Hey leave me alone , I didn’t even know what we were doing today” I said, playfully prodding Marcus in the shoulder.

“sure” He said, and pulled on his suit jacket.

“Right Kids, get in the car. The caterers first” Megan demanded, ordering us out of the door.

I stared at Marcus who led us to the car. “What, you’re coming today?”

“Yes, Mum said I had too. You know seeing as I too will be eating the food and wearing the ring” He said, climbing into the car next to me.

I nodded and looked at my watch- urgh 10.32- too early.

I fastened my coat up, feeling the early morning chill.

“The movie was good last night” I heard Marcus say, cheekily.

“Mm the movie was very good” I retorted, looking at Marcus and smiling.

“You feel asleep so soon, when it finished I had to carry you upstairs”
Oh so that’s how, I hadn’t mysteriously started sleep walking.

“Ah well, you could use the exercise” I said, jovially.

“How dare you I have rock har-” Marcus was cut off my the sound of his Mother getting into the car. He smirked and turned away.

“So sweeties” Megan began in a creamy kind of voice “here we go”

She drove us to a small patisserie and cake makers, hmm wonder what we’ll do here.

We got out and stepped inside- it smelt like h e a v e n on earth!

We sat at little table, and the girls who worked there came rushing round. Fussing.

“Yes, madam?” A small brunette directed towards me, I shrugged and pointed to Megan.

“Yes, we’re here to pick a wedding cake” Megan said bluntly.

The brunette hurried as we sat in silence for a few moments until we saw many waitresses holding tiny squares of cake, come towards us. When they came over I realised they held trays with small squares of cake.

I sighed, lets do this everyday.