Status: Working Progress

On the Surface I Have the Perfect Life, But My Life Isn't Surfacing

I know whens 3's a crowd. Do you?(43)

“CJ, will you pay attention! Which plates?” Megan snapped at me, shoving 2 china plates in front of my nose.

“The blue ones?” I said, not really caring.

Megan laughed nervously. “Darling they’re more of a casual plate, Where as the ivory one’s are much more sophisticated”

“Then the ivory ones” I said, and turned to Marcus you smiled at me, reassuringly.

Megan was driving me absolutely crazy. Her clear list of demands, were driving me, Marcus, the Cake makers, the venue hosts and finally the decorator absolutely crazy.

She sighed, contently and carried on with her lists of demands.

“Now what colours will the bridesmaids be wearing?” The decorator asked.

“Duck egg blue” I said.

“Oh so the curtains and the runners should be that as well” The decorator, then babbled for a long time, me and Marcus not understanding a single word.

I sighed as I felt my blackberry buzz in my hand.

-Marcus: Want to have a quickie wedding in Vegas?
The text read, I smiled and replied.

-Me: Definitely, book us the flight.

I put my phone away and concentrated on what Megan and the decorator ‘Ahn-nay-bell’ were saying.

But as hard as I tried I couldn’t grasp why the alter had to be draped in chiffon or why the floor NEEDED to be polished to perfection.

I sighed and rubbed my throbbing head.

“Mum” Marcus interrupted “CJ and I are going to have a moments air, do excuse us” Marcus stood up and smiled apologetically at the Decorator.

I followed him out of the country club’s Lunch room and into the beautiful Garden.

“You Marcus are a saint “ I said, standing opposite him, redoing my hair.

Marcus came up to me and grabbed my hands out of my hair, he held them gently and stared down at me.

He bent down and I stood on my tip toes, grabbing his shoulders for support as he gently kissed me.

He pulled away and smiled, but I kept a firm hold of his shoulders and stood taller on my tip toes. He got the hint and bent down and kissed me again.

As we kissed, someone dryly cleared their throats, we both turned to see a statuesque beauty with sleek brown curls.

“Hi Marc” She said, in a voice smoother than caramel.

I looked up at Marcus who was blinking wildly.

“uhm Hi Poppy”