Status: Working Progress

On the Surface I Have the Perfect Life, But My Life Isn't Surfacing

She's a devil in a blue dress(50)

I was face down on my bed, tears streaming down my face, Marcus was rubbing my back.

We had been to the final fitting for my dress, we were all there, and by that I mean Poppy was there.

I had the dress on with my veil, when Poppy comes crashing in holding her cherry drink, she ‘slips ‘ and throws it everywhere. Including me. Including my beautiful dress.

“You’ll find a new one” Marcus said.

“That’s not the point, that was my dress, the dress”

“I know, but you could look good in anything” He murmured, pressing his nose to the crook of my neck.

“But I wanted to look good in that…” I whispered, when I felt Marcus’s arms wrap around me and lift me up, as we sat cross legged, my back to his chest.

He took his hand and tidied up my tear tracked face and then held my hands in between his.

I sighed.

He kissed the back of my neck until his forehead rested on my head.

“Maybe you’re right, I will find a new one, a better one” I smiled.

“…And if not, come naked, we’ll call it our theme” Marcus said.

“No we can’t have a naked woman theme, we already have duck egg blue..”

“combine them..”

“Then I’ll look like an avatar”

“I’ll call you my Neytiri”

I giggled. “Then maybe I will” I said.

He unravelled himself from me and stood up. “I have to go”

He uncreased his suit trousers, I looked at him.

“Why?”

“Me and mum are off to Poppy’s for a couple of hours…”Marcus said quietly towards the end.

“oh right, Why?” I said, toying with the comforters tassels.

“I don’t know, Pops just invited us over and we didn’t think you would be up to it”

“Oh yeah, sure”

“I mean you can come, if you want?” Marcus asked nervously.

“No I’d rather not, or else her pretty face might be a target” I said, smirking quietly.

“She’s harmless” He said, Leaning forward and kissing me softly.

“Yeah well, lets hope. I’ll ring up Maggie and see what she’s up too”

“Good idea, anyway must go, bye gorgeous” He said, kissing me and leaving.

I sighed, well I hope he’ll have fun.

Nope, no I don’t.

She ruined my dress.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it, beautiful readers:) drop me a comment if you have anything to say!xo