Status: Working Progress

On the Surface I Have the Perfect Life, But My Life Isn't Surfacing

I'm the ninja of the heart(54)

Marcus got back late last night, he didn’t bother checking in with me before he went to bed.
It was a bit strange, I expected him to be back at my door telling me all the ludicrous stories of what Poppy had got up too.

I got out of bed, slipping on my slippers and creaking around the house trying to find Marcus. I looked in his room and he still wasn’t there, I went to the next logical place-the den.

There he was sat in the den, well I say sat, he was slumped in his big leather arm chair in front of his computer screen.

I laughed at the site and coughed. Marcus blurrily woke up and began rubbing his eyes.

“You okay?” I asked, slowly walking towards him.

He groaned and opened his arms, I walked into his arms and he wrapped them around me, his head pressed to my stomach.

“Aye whats up?” I asked, rubbing my hands through Marcus’s hair.

“Oh nothing, I’m just glad to see you and I have a story from last night..” Marcus said, I could feel his voice rumble in my tummy.

This shocked me, I stopped rubbing my hands through his hair and let out an ‘oh’ sound.

“No, no, nothing like that” He said. “Its just Poppy…”

“That still doesn’t fill me with loads of confidence” I said.

“Well it shouldn’t, she pulled me into the girls toilets-”

I cut him off. “She did what?!”

“She was trying to seduce me..” Marcus said, ashamed.

“Well did it work?” I asked, my eyes popping out of my head.

“No of course not, its you I love not some blonde bimbo..”

“….You what?”

Marcus eyes widened in horror at realisation.
“ I love you” He said confidently, pulling me closer to him.

“Really?”

Marcus laughed. “Honestly, I do, but that’s not the quite the reaction I was hoping for…”

“Well of course I love you, silly boy” I said, kissing him right on the head. I was left with a gorgeous happy feeling in my belly, which still had Marcus’s arms wrapped around it.