The "V" Word

Issues

"Do I look pretty?" Zara asks after snatching the sunglasses off Sonnie's head and trying them on.
"Give 'em back." Sonnie whines as he gropes at her playfully. She sticks out her tongue.
"Nana." she laughs, he kisses her lips adoringly.

Gerard rolls his eyes and turns to Violet who's got her head phones on and is head banging at maximum capacity.
"Listen to this." she says taking off her head phones and tossing them to Gerard. She presses rewind on her Walkman for a couple of seconds before pressing play.
"What's this?" Gerard asks as the intro starts to play.
"Its Green Day." she says, "From their new album, Insomniac."
"Right, right." he mumbles.
"And you call yourself a Green Day fan." she says in slight mockery, "Okay, now give back my Walkman."
"Nu uh, this is good stuff." Gerard teases as he holds the headphones onto his head.
"Awe c'mon, don't be a bitch." Violet says tackling him against the stone wall of the outdoor school staircase.
"But it feels so good." he laughs, as she stubbornly sits on his lap.
"I'm not getting off till you give it back." she states stubbornly.
"Oh the agony." Gerard states sarcastically.
"Your legs are going fall asleep and become all sore and-" she's interrupted by Gerard pinching her side causing her to slide down his lap.

"Get a room." Sonnie teases.
"Likewise." Violet chants back, "Honestly Zara, you ain't much for mystery."
"Yeah, well at least I'm not having a non-relationshipal relationship." Zara retorts.
"What?" Gerard laughs.
"You two are practically a couple, just hook up already." Zara elaborates.
"Oh lay off!" Violet mutters, sliding off Gerard's lap completely.
"You know, just do each other a favor and you know, do the pelvic mambo." Sonnie laughs.
"Yee-no." Gerard says rolling his eyes.
"Pelvic mambo?" Violet snorts with laughter, "What is he? The pool boy?"
"I'm no pool boy." Gerard grumbles.
"Got a bit too much of a gut for that." Sonnie says poking Gerard's stomach.
"Why don't you shove it?" Gerard stands up and walks away.

He heads into the school, trudging past and trying to ignore the overly-happy cheerleading squad hanging out near the doors.
"Gerard!"
He keeps on walking and turns the corner, heading into the washroom.
"Gerard!" Violet's voice calls again from the doorway, "You know I'm not afraid to go in there!"
"Just leave me the fuck alone, okay?!" he calls back as he punches the hard tiled wall, then kicks the garbage can.

Violet makes her way into the men's washroom.
"You can't take Sonnie seriously." She says leaning against the wall.
"No, but he's right! Look at me, I'm fat and ugly. Fuck it! I'm a nerd, I spend all my time at home in my room reading fucking comic books."
"I like comic books."
"Vi! Is it any wonder I don't have a fucking girlfriend."
"Maybe you're into the wrong type of girl." she mumbles softly, "And you're not fat."
"Yeah I am." Gerard says hitting the wall again, "I'm a fucking butterball turkey." She can't help but snort with laughter, "Look at Mikey."
"Mikey's a freak, I mean honestly, he's skinnier than most super models."

Everything falls silent.
"This whole place smells like piss." Violet pipes up.
"Yeah." Gerard laughs.
"Need a hug?"
"Alright." he grumbles as he crosses the washroom to give his friend a hug, "You're a good friend."
"Thanks." she mumbles, "So is Sonnie, but you gotta remember he's stupid."
"Yeah." Gerard chuckles.