The "V" Word

The End

In class, Gerard couldn't keep his eyes of Violet. To him, she didn't seem like the same person she was a few hours earlier. She'd poured her heart out, she seemed more relatable. Its like the saying, misery loves company, and she'd had her share of high school misery.
"Gerard!" The teacher exclaims.
"Wha?!" he says snapping out of his trance.
"Stop staring at the pretty girls in the class and try paying attention!" he scolds, "Number four." Gerard looks down at his math book.
"Four hundred seventy three point ninty-seven." he grumbles. Violet snickers into her hand so he sticks his tongue out at her.
"Gerard! If you can't pay attention, leave the class." the teacher says pointing at the door.
"Fine." he grumbles, gathering up his books and leaving the classroom.

He heads straight for his locker and dumps his math books inside and grabs his bag before heading out of the building. Just like he suspected he found Tom asleep in the back of his car.

He knocks on the window, it takes a couple of moments for Tom to come to and let's him in.
"Now aren't you supposed to be in class?" he jokes.
"I could ask you the same thing to you." Gerard says as he slips into the front passenger's seat.
"Awe you know I need my beauty sleep." Tom chortles as he hops out of the back seat and into the driver's, "So where should we go?"
"I don't know, let's get some food or something." Gerard says sorting out the thoughts in his head about Violet.

They end up at a burger joint with fries and sodas sprawled on the table before them.
"So you got kicked out and Vi didn't?" Tom asks about Gerard's math class.
"Yeah."
"That guy has favorites man," Tom states, shaking his head, "And they're ALL girls."
"Haha."
"I swear that guy is one boob graze away from being a pedophile."
"That's sick." Gerard says somewhat disturbed.
"Ahh well."

"So how are you and Alyssa?"
"Hmmhmmhmm." Tom laughs with his lips tightly shut, "She's a tiger."
"Wow, never have I heard you refer to a chick as a tiger." Tom licks his lips.
"What can I say." Tom says taking a long sip from his soda.

"So who are you eyeing nowadays?" Tom asks, "Maybe I can help set you up."
"Nah."
"Who is it?" he pesters, "Is it Vi's friend, ahh whatsername, Kylie."
"What? No!" Gerard stammers.
"It is, isn't it." he says clapping his hands, "She's cute, go for her."
"Leave me alone." Gerard says tossing a french fry at his friend.
"Awe c'mon, you NEED to get laid."
"Doesn't matter." Gerard says, images of Violet flashing through his mind.
"Yeah it does, you gotta become a man."

Sonnie and Violet walk past the window and Gerard's stare lingers much longer than acceptable. They walk into the burger joint and Gerard really exceeds the staring limit.
"Violet?" Tom exclaims in a low whisper, "You're into Violet? I thought you said-"
"Shove it." Gerard says kicking Tom under the table as Sonnie and Violet join them at the table.

"You mind?" Violet asks as she grabs Gerard's soda, "I'm parched." she takes a sip after a couple seconds of Gerard not replying.
"So," Tom says awkwardly as he stares from Gerard and Violet.
"Fries." Sonnie says scarping down a good handful of fries.
"Hey Gerard, there's something up with my carburetor mind taking a look?" Tom says choking on his words.
"I don't know anything about cars-" Gerard stutters.
"Nah, I just need someone to hold the thing while I unscrew something to take a look." Tom bullshits.
"Uhh kay." Gerard says confused as he and Tom head out of the burger joint and out to the car.

"Violet?!" Tom exclaims as he pops open the hood of his car.
"What's the deal? Last month you were saying I should hook up with her."
"Yeah, but I was joking around." he says gobsmacked, "Is that why like all of a sudden you've become all pure and shit?"
"Pure?"
"Yeah, like I said you need to get laid and you were like I don't care about that?" Tom rambles, "You in love with her or something?" Gerard let's out a sigh, "That's dangerous territory man. Take it from me, you don't wanna fall in love for a chick you don't even have."
"Well thank you very much Billy Nye the Science Guy." Gerard says sarcastically.

"You know what you gotta do now, right?" Tom says as he pretends to fiddle with the dip-stick for the oil.
"Shut the hell up and get over her?"
"Well yeah that's an option if you want to be utterly miserable." Tom says sarcastically, "Ask her out, see where it goes."
"What if she doesn't like me that way, then I-"
"No man, don't think about that, just go in there and you know kiss her."
"Now?"
"No, five years from now, maybe when she marries some other guy, that would be great timing." Tom says sarcastically, "Yes of course fucking now!" Gerard takes a deep breath.
"Fine, but you and Sonnie gotta piss off."
"Done." he says shutting the hood of his car, "But I want a full report tonight." he winks.

Tom and Gerard head back into the restaurant, Tom barely has to say two words before he and Sonnie leave.
"Where they headed in a such a hurry?" Violet asks popping a fry into her mouth. Gerard stairs at her, his eyes opened wide. It takes her a moment but she stares back, "What?"
"Nothing." he whispers as he leans forward and lightly presses his lips against hers. He shut his eyes tight for a moment, not wanting to see her reaction.

He slowly opens his eyes to find her with a grin spread across her face. She slings her arms around his neck and pulls him in for another, much deeper kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was the last chapter, don't bug me for a sequel. If I feel like writing a sequel I'll pm you to let you know, but chances are I won't write a sequel because I have a million ideas for fresh new stories.