Therapy

deux.

“Addison, what do you want to say to Alex?”

“I want to tell him he’s a lying, cheating, good for nothing, backstabbing –“

“Can you use other words that aren’t so harsh?”

‘I’m sick of him.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m sick of staying up until ungodly hours of the night, worrying like crazy, until he comes home, stinking like sweat and alcohol and other women.”

“Does this happen often?”

“Mhm.”

“Is that all?”

“No. I’m sick of how he never answers his phone or returns my calls, texts, emails, IMs, or anything else. I’m sick of how I can get a hold of his best friend easier than I can get a hold of him. He cuts me out of his life entirely! And you know what? I’m sick of cleaning up his messes and taking over his responsibilities because he’s too goddamned childish to do it himself!”

“Alex, what do you have to say to this?”

“First of all, I never asked her to do any of this. She does it because she worries too much over nothing. And in case she doesn’t realize, I have a full time job, okay. I don’t get a break. So if I don’t pick up my phone, it’s not like I’m doing it to ignore her, I’m fucking busy! She knew this when she married me. And as far as the cheating goes -”

“I knew when I married you that you wouldn’t always be around but I didn’t think you’d ignore me all together, you fucking asshole. And don’t even start to try and justify yourself on this cheating, and don’t you fucking dare deny it either, there’s no way out of it. I know what you do.”

“Oh really? How is that possible considering I, what was that you said, ‘cut you out of my life entirely’?”

“I’m not fucking stupid Alex.”

“Never said you were sweetheart.”

“I hate when you pull this shit!”

“Now Alex, Addison, I understand your frustrations with each other but keep in mind that in these current times it’s important to remain calm and understanding.”

“She doesn’t know a damn thing about calm,” Alex muttered under his breath, folding his arms across his flannel covered chest.

“Oh shut the hell up.”

“I’m thinking that we should try a process that is quite popular for couples in your situation. Are you willing to try it?”

“Sure.”
“Depends on what it entails.”

The psychiatrist let out a soft chuckle as she absentmindedly tapped her well manicured fingernails against the clipboard on her lap. “We’re going to relive, in a sense, several of your old memories, as many as you can think of, to find out where the root of this problem lies, what we can do to fix it, and perhaps conjure up some of the old feelings you have for each other to save your marriage. Does that sound alright?”

“Yes.”
“Mhm.”

“In that case, there’s no time to waste. Let’s begin. Addison, why don’t you start? Tell me how you met Alex.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated.
I'm hoping you guys like this as much as I do.