Therapy

six.

“Well it’s not like I can stop being in the band.”

“I would never ask you to do that. Ever. You’ve worked far too hard and you love it too much to ever do that.”

“I know you wouldn’t. But that’s one of the biggest problems. It keeps me preoccupied and there’s temptation left and right.”

“Rian doesn’t seem to have a problem with temptation or being preoccupied,” Addison snorted. “He and Kara are doing just perfect.”

“Rian is not the lead singer of our band!”

“Don’t belittle his position! If it wasn’t for him, you’d be shit out of luck as far as drums go.”

“I never attempted to-“

“Oh please. What was that, lead singer of the band?”

“You can be so snippy.”

“And you can be so arrogant.”

“Let’s go back to the place we were a few moments ago,” the psychiatrist cut in, looking back and forth between Addison and Alex with amusement written all over her face. “We talked about the introduction to each of your families. What about another one of those times? How did Alex propose?”

“It was impressive,” the pair said in unison. Alex wore a wide smirk on his face as he reflected upon the memory. Addison rolled her eyes at his own pretentiousness but wore a small smile regardless. She couldn’t deny the fact that his proposal was momentous.

“What happened?”

“Well, All Time Low recorded a song for the Jennifer’s Body soundtrack and since I’m a huge Amanda Seyfried fan and a movie fanatic in general, I wanted to see it as soon as it came out.”

“The band was invited to the premiere and I brought her along. First, we went out to dinner though.”

“At my favorite restaurant. They have the most extraordinary crème brulee. It makes the meal. You can’t go there and not order the crème bluee. Needless to say, my stomach was incredibly happy by the time we arrived at the premiere.”

“So we watched the movie and she loved it but at the end before the credits premiered, the camera flashed back to the door of the hotel room and it said ‘Addison, marry me?’”

“I was appalled. Not only by the proposal, but the fact he managed to have that detail in the premiere. Obviously it’s not on the DVD but the director placed that in for my benefit specifically for the premiere. Everyone else was in on it too because they all stared at me as soon as it happened.”

“And I waited for her answer and hoped to God it was yes.”

“And it was.”

“And we were engaged. And happy.”

“That is something else.” The psychiatrist nodded thoughtfully as she made yet another mark on her pad. “It seems like you are quite the lucky lady.”

“I am. I just wish luck was enough to save our marriage.”