Dancers Mended Heart

Follower From Heaven

I was completely alone in the studio. Which was the way I wanted it. I put in remember the name by fort minor and swayed my hips to the beat. Coming from the ghetto and talented dancers I learned a couple things about street dance. I jumped while stomping my feet on the ground to the beat. I twisted my hips as I fell to the ground while catching myself with my hands. I jumped back up crumped. Nothing like doing crump. It felt so good to do something freestyle instead of boring ballet. Yep I was feeling pretty darn good. I was getting lost within my footwork and forgot where I was even at. I slipped into some ballet moves which actually looked pretty awesome combined with my street dance. I began having trouble breathing, every inhale burned like no other business. I slowed down a bit and began doing regular practice moves. They were easy, but I had to slow down. I twirled and lifted my arms but then bent down in pain. My sides made a crackling sound which never happened before. Weird, I stood up slowly and lifted my arms over my head again. I bent my torso over to the side to stretch my oblique. I felt better after doing that. I took a deep breath and twirled faster. I leaped into the air with my legs spread open into a split. I spun in the air so I looked like a helicopter. I’ve tried this move before but it always ended with me getting hurt. So why was I doing this? I needed to land this perfectly. As soon as my toes hit the floor I caught my balance. I stood on my toes while bringing my arms down slowly. I breathed not believing that I landed it. I brought my heels to the floor. And walked to my bag. I checked the time...I’ve been here for 4 hour straight doing nothing but dance. I pulled my hoodie over my head and slung my bag over my shoulder. I glided across the wood flooring towards the doors. My side felt as if it were on fire again. I stopped and took a deep breath. I started to move again when I my face met the floor.

"Fuck!" I screamed in pain as I held my torso.

It felt as if I was stabbed from the inside. I rolled on the floor crying and trying to breathe. My throat started to clog up and it felt as if I were drinking something backwards. I turned over letting the blood pour from my mouth like a fountain. I screamed and heard footsteps. A pair of red converse came to my head. He kneeled down next to me and put a hand on my back.

"Aileen? Aileen! What’s wrong?! Oh god Aileen hold on I’m gonna getyou out of here!" he picked me up bridal style and ran out the studio to his car. He threw me in the back seat and jumped into the front seat. He cranked up the heater and floored the pedal. He kept looking back at me.

"Aileen, its okay. You’re gonna be alright. I’m taking you to the hospital, k?" he placed his hand in mine which I took hold of with all my strength.

He felt him wince in pain. He continued to calm me down but I could barely hear what he was saying at times.

"Don’t worry darling I’m here ju-....................how much does it hurt hon? I need to kn-....." I couldn't speak, blood continued to pour from my mouth. I felt my body getting weaker as my eyelids fell heavily. My hand fell from his.