Dancers Mended Heart

No Love

can’t believe Brian heard me play like that. He better not call me a hypocrite. If he does I’m sticking my foot up his nose. I think that would hurt more. It was already 10:30 and the boys weren’t home yet. I started to get really bored. My mom already came home, and I tried to survive the series of hugs she forced upon me. I think I died for a couple minutes. But she talked to me for a good hour, and then she took me to a Burgerville, since she didn’t want to cook. It was surprisingly really cool that I hung out with my mommy. I don’t think I’ll have that chance again. She mentioned some dance studios to catch my attention when I dazed off. And it worked. She already signed me, I would have been pissed that she didn’t ask me about it first but I wanted something to do as I wait for school to start.

But now she is in bed and I’m sitting in the family room watching south park. Well nothing much happened, Kenny got shot, again. I went to the kitchen to get some popcorn. As I looked in the cupboard I saw nothing but peanut butter and a can of green beans. I shuddered in disgust. I’m so going shopping tomorrow. No wander my mommy took me out. I turned to the fridge and opened that. I saw some spoiled milk, green cottage cheese, and hairy pastrami. I literally gagged. I threw everything in the trash, and settled on a glass of water. I walked into the living room where a huge stereo sat on a shelf. A cd rack sat to the left of it. I sipped my water slowly as I ran my fingers over the cds. I picked up the offspring. Genocide started and I swayed my hips to the beat. I put the glass of water down and started singing to the song I loved so much. I twirled and twirled. I stopped when the door handle wiggled. I just stared at the door waiting for whoever walked through the door. Zacky walked in first followed by Brian, Matt, Johnny, and finally Jimmy. They all nodded or smiled at me. I smoothly walked over to the stereo and pressed stop. I took out the cd and put it back in its case. I shoved pass them taking Matt’s keys off the rack and opened the door.

“Where are you going?” Matt grabbed my hand and turned me around. I nodded to Zacky to come with me. He pushed past Brian, who had a look of ‘I’m too hammered to even care’. Matt let go of me. I smiled and walked outside.

“Zacky close the door.” He closed it and got into the passenger seat. I stuck the key in the hole and backed out of the driveway.

“So, where are we going?” he turned on the air conditioner, because it was a little too hot for a summer night.

“To the dance studio.” I turned at all the corners I remember and quietly pulled to the side of a vacant studio. We both got out and walked to the back of the building. He helped me through the wood blocked doors. We made our way to the top. He climbed the stairs before me only tripping twice. Each time I giggled. We made it to the roof top finally. It was cooler on top and prettier. I looked down over the edge, when I felt a freezing hand pull me back. He pulled me to him and hugged me gently.

“Zacky….you know I can’t.”

“I know, I just like to think it.” I turned to look at him. The minute I did memories flooded back to me. I remember Jimmy was beating the crap out of me because he was drunk and I wouldn’t let him have his way with me. Jimmy locked the door so no one could get into my bedroom. All the guys were trying to bring the door down. It didn’t take long, the first one through the door was Zacky then Matt and the other two followed. Matt and Brian pulled him off me and Johnny flung me out of the room. Zacky caught me before I fell in the hallway. He picked me up and drove me here. So now this is kind of our little place. After that incident, Zacky and I loved each other like crazy, but hen he hurt me…bad. That happened about the same time I moved. He proved he was sorry and we kept in touch. Thankfully we’re best friends now; I don’t know what I would do without him. But he still loves me. And he knows I know that he still loves me and he knows I don’t feel the same.

“Well I think you should stop, there are plenty of girls out there who would love you the same.”

“I know.”

“Then stop wasting your time, go find one until all the good ones are gone.” I laughed and poked him in the ribs. He sighed and smiled at me.

“I’m honestly glad your back.” I let him hug me again.
“I know.” I walked over to the old bench we made with bricks a couple of years ago. He followed and sat down with me.

“So, looks like you caught Brian’s attention.” He looked down at the floor. And I shoved him.

“Na-uh!” I pouted. He looked at me in disbelief.

“You don’t believe me,” I shook my head and he grabbed my hand, “then I’ll prove it to you.” He dragged me back to the car and made me drive back home.