Status: Finished!

Your Eyes Tell Me What I Need to Know

Eleven

Feeling his hand running up and down her bare back, Katrina let out a content sigh where her head rested on Hank’s bare chest. They had been in the same position for at least an hour. She had been surprised to see Hank in her apartment after an extra long practice at the field. The bigger surprise was that he was laying in her bed with Checkers curled on his chest. Since she didn’t grab a shower in the locker room, she grabbed one while Hank was sleeping. As soon as she walked out of the bathroom, she noticed that he was now awake. He put Checkers in the living room as she went through her drawers trying to find something to wear, but just like many times before they ended up against the closet door before making it to the bed.

Feeling Hank’s hand slip lower, Katrina moved in closer to him. She knew he was trying to get her attention, to wake her up, but she was going to ignore it for as long as she could. But she never knew how long she could last since with a simple touch or kiss made her go weak. Moving her head slightly, Katrina let out a content sigh. She was so comfortable in Hank’s arms that she didn’t want him to leave.

“Kitty,” Hank said brushing a hand through her hair. “Wake up.”

She stayed silent.

“Don’t make me wake you the other way.”

She made no move to let him know that she heard him or that she was awake.

Wrapping both his arms around her securely, he rolled over so that he was hovering over her. Her eyes snapped open and she looked into his eyes right before his head dipped down and placed a kiss on her neck before catching the skin between his teeth. Letting out a moan Katrina felt Hank grin as he started biting down harder and sucking at the skin. “Fuck, Hank.”

“We only have time for something real quick.”

“You’re leaving?” she asked.

“I told you I had other plans tonight, but since I hadn’t seen you in a while I’d come see you.”

“You mean you came to get off.”

“You do the most amazing things to me,” He told her as his member came in contact with her lower stomach. “Do you see what I mean?”

“So are you gonna fuck me and leave?” Katrina asked, unable to keep the bitterness out of her voice.

“Tell me that you don’t want me to and I’ll stop right now,” Hank told her as his covered hers in a heated kiss.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Katrina knew that she could never deny him. Well she could, but she wanted him just as much as he wanted her. Having sex without the hazards of a relationship had been a mutual decision. One that she was starting to have doubts about. As soon as the kiss broke, she felt his tongue gliding from her belly button to the area between her breasts. “Hank,” she groaned. “You know as well as I do that we have never been able to stop before an hour. So if you plan on leaving soon, then don’t do this to me, please.”

“I’ll stay a little longer,” Hank told her. “I won’t leave you with this problem.”

And he didn’t. Three rounds later, Katrina found herself in the same position she had been when she was pretending to sleep while he tried to wake her up. Her head on his chest, his hand on her back, but there was one difference. He was still inside of her. They both had been too warn out that they could barely move afterwards. And true to his word, Hank stuck around afterwards. He held her and placed soft kisses on her shoulder. “You are amazing.” Hank told her.

Her eyes slid open and she moved her head to look at him. He was being sweet to her, just like he would when they were in public together. “You still want to leave.”

“I promised that I would see her tonight.”

“Are you kidding me?” Katrina asked in disbelief.

Raising her head she was about to move, but Hank rolled over so once again he was on top of her. “You had sex with me and now you are going to have sex with someone else?”

“I’m not going to sleep with her.” Hank said.

“And who is it this time?” Katrina asked.

“Mary? Melody? Misty?” he said

“She must be a winner if you can’t remember her name.” Katrina said before gasping as Hank finally withdrew himself from her.

“Are you jealous?” Hank asked as he slipped out of the bed and Katrina brought the sheet to cover her body.

“Why would I be jealous?” Katrina said as she watched him redress. “You always seem to come back here.”

“Do you want me to stop?” he asked as he zipped his jeans up.

“I didn’t say that.”

“Admit it, you like this, just as much as I do.”

Katrina rolled her eye at him as she sat up.

“I still want you to come to the game tomorrow.” Hank said.

“Hank….”

“Please Kitty,” he said. “We’re playing Carolina. She’s gonna be there, along with him.”

With a sigh, she nodded her head. Although she knew she’d be tired from the game she had in the afternoon, she’d have Sam pick her up from the field and they’d go together.

“Thank you.” Hank smiled at her.

“Don’t blame me if I fall asleep though.”

“Why would you?” he laughed.

“Because while you are having your pregame nap,” Katrina started as she saw Checkers walk into the bedroom. “I’ll be playing. We have a game against the Chicago Red Stars.”

“But you’ll come, right?”

“I said I would, didn’t I?” Katrina asked.

“Good,” Hank said as he leaned down and pecked her lips before walking out of the room fully dressed. “Bye, Kitty!”

Hearing the door close, Katrina leaned down and picked Checkers up off the floor and placed her on her pillow as she lay on the one Hank had been on. “Checkers, I don’t think Hank and I are gonna last much longer. And wish it weren’t so.”

Just as she promised to Hank, she went to his game and she was tired. Her team ended up having to go short handed for the last twenty minutes of the game. And they were lucky that they were able to pull a win out of the game. It was a very physical game, more so then any others they played. Katrina ended up taking an elbow to the eye which delayed the game for a few minutes and then there were a lot of fights with the girls. For the most part, Abby made her stay out of them. Her reasoning was that Katrina was too valuable to the team to get a red card. With her words in mind, Katrina still went after the girl who elbowed her, luckily for her, her eye was fine and she proved that she was a better player than her and scored with two minutes left in the game, not including the extra time.

Opting not to do any post game interviews, she took a shower and put on a pair of jeans and dark blue tee along with her star necklace that Shannon had given to her for her birthday last year. Tying her sneakers, she grabbed her bag and left the locker room. Calling Sam to let her know she was heading to the parking lot, she let out a sigh as she saw the time. They wouldn’t be that late. As she spotted Sam’s car, she heard the pop of the trunk so she could toss her soccer bag inside. After getting into the car, Sam smiled at her.

“Nice game.”

Katrina couldn’t help but laugh at that. So Sam did catch most of the game. “Yeah and tomorrow I’ll have a nice black eye to show for it.”

Sam laughed as the two headed to Madison Square Garden where the Carolina Hurricanes were playing against the New York Rangers. “Hank wanted to see you before the game, but I don’t think that will happen.”

“Yeah, I’ll text him and let him know that won’t be happening today.”

“So what was Abby telling you on the field?” Sam asked curiously. “I couldn’t tell.”

“She told me to get my head in the game and ignore what the other girls were saying.”

“What were they saying?”

“That I was a whore and a bunch of shit.”

“Are soccer players always that nasty?”

“No,” Katrina said. “But Chicago is known for trash talking.”

Nodding her head in understanding, Sam showed the pass to the guard at the gate so that she could park next to Marc’s SUV. As they got out, Katrina saw Hank’s SUV in his normal spot as she and Sam walked into the arena and to the seats. Sam took the seat next to a girl in a Carolina jersey.

“Hey.” Sam said to her. “Caitlin this is Katrina. Katrina, this is Caitlin, she’s Marc’s brother Eric’s girlfriend.”

Katrina noticed that the other woman cringed a bit at the word girlfriend.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Katrina said as she took her seat.

“So how do you know Sam and Marc?”

“She actually met Hank first and he introduced everyone.”

It was Katrina’s turn to tense up.

Watching the game wasn’t like the first time she had watched the Rangers play. She had been tense throughout the entire game and when one of the reporters had requested an interview with her, but she declined since she was with people. The confused look she received from Caitlin had embarrassed her slightly. She had to explain that she played professional soccer for the New York Freedom. There was an understanding in her eyes, that confused Katrina, but she tried to ignore it and concentrate on the game, but it wasn’t ever far from her thoughts.

The Rangers ended up winning 4-0. It was Hank’s twenty-third career shutout. He had played amazingly. The three of them waited a bit as the crowds left. “You look like you are ready for bed.” Sam laughed as she saw Katrina yawn again.

“I had the morning workout and a game,” Katrina reminded her. “In all honesty, I’m exhausted.”

“And you leave tomorrow for all those road games.” Sam said.

“Yeah,” she said. “I’ve got Abby as a roommate too.”

“You’ll do fine,” Sam said as her phone started to go off. Taking it out of her pocket she looked at the number before answering. “Hello?...Just a second.”

Handing the phone to Katrina, she gave her a smile. “It’s for you.”

Looking at her with confusion, she took the phone from her. “Hello?”

“So you came?”

“I told you I would, didn’t I?”

“Well you weren’t all that convincing.”

“Well I came,” Katrina told him. “But I’m gonna leave, I’m really tired.”

“Come to the locker room, please.”

“Hank, I want to get some sleep.”

“Please, Kitty.”

“Fine, but I’m not sleeping with you.”

Before he could respond, she hung the phone up and handed it to Sam before standing up and walking up the stairs as they walked to the locker room. Caitlin had left while she was on the phone. Probably to find her boyfriend Eric.

Once Sam and Katrina reached the locker room, Hank and a few of the Rangers were hanging outside. There were also a few Carolina players hanging around as well. Sam squeezed her hand as she met up with Marc who was standing by his brother and Caitlin. Once Hank spotted her, he had a big smile on his face. And there was a good reason for it. He had played an awesome game; he was on fire as were the players in front of him.

As she stood there, she watched as he made his way over to her. Wrapping his arms around her, Hank brought her closer to him, but instead of returning the hug, Katrina just stood there. “What’s with you?” he asked her.

“I’m tired Hank.”

“What was with what you said on the phone?” he asked her.

“What about it?” Katrina asked. “I said what I said. And I meant what I said.”

“You are acting strange.”

“Why?” Katrina asked. “Because I won’t sleep with you?”

“Kitty…”

“I’m sick of it Hank,” she told him. “I’m sick of being your means to get off.”

Placing his hand on her cheek, Katrina moved her head away from his hand. “You know you mean more to me than that.”

Backing away from him a bit, she looked into his eyes before speaking. “I just can’t do this anymore Hank. I’m not okay with it. And I’m not okay with you leaving me and fucking everything that walks.”

Turning her back towards him, Katrina could feel the tears in her eyes as a hand wrapped around her wrist. “Just let me go.”

“No, I-“

Getting out of Marc’s grasp, Sam made her way over and glared at him. “Let her go.”

Seeing the tears in Katrina’s eyes made Hank release his grip on her. Sam wrapped an arm around her as they left Madison Square Garden together. They arrived together in a good mood and they left together, only one of them had a broken heart. She took a chance that they could be something more and it didn’t work the way she had thought it would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!! Please let me know what you guys are thinking. Comments make me update faster. :D

Caitlin and Sam belong to Pensrock. If you haven't read her stories, go do so now.