Status: Finished!

Your Eyes Tell Me What I Need to Know

Sixteen

“Okay are you able to see me now?” Katrina asked looking at her computer.

“Yeah, it came through that time,” the voice said through the speakers. “Alright what’s new in your city?”

“It just so happens that it’s snowing here,” Katrina grinned as she pulled her wet hair into a messy pony tail. The Ranger’s shirt she had on was the one that Sam had given her when she didn’t want anything to do with Hank. “What about out there?”

“Sunny,” she laughed. “So tell me, are the rumors true?”

“What rumors?”

“The ones that say you and the goalie are having a kid,” she said. “Cause if it’s true, I’m not going to be very happy about it, no matter how much I might love you.”

“I had a pregnancy scare, but I’m not pregnant and Hank was the one reassuring me that even if I was we would be fine,” Katrina said. “And just so you know Shannon, I wasn’t trying to get pregnant, cause I would have had a problem with my contract if I was. I still have awhile with that pregnancy clause.”

“So what’s the deal with the two of you, now?”

“What do you mean?” Katrina asked. “We had a sleep over last night. Is that what you mean?”

“Katrina!” Shannon said raising her voice slightly. “You cannot seriously be thinking of staying with him. There’s no baby, no reason to be with someone that sleeps with other women while you are with him.”

“We weren’t actually together during that time. Not really anyways,” Katrina said. “But we are giving it another shot and he said last night he has a surprise for me.”

“Is the surprise that you get to be a step-mommy to someone else’s kid ‘cause he slept with someone and got them pregnant?”

“I doubt it,” Katrina said with a roll of her eyes. “He’s still getting ready to go. Did I tell you he’s the starting goalie for the Swedish team in the Olympics?”

“Is he that good?”

“He must be since he got the gold in 2006,” Katrina said. “You are gonna have to get used to not having a say in my relationships. Especially now since you are on a different coast than I am.”

“I don’t trust him.”

“Trust me.”

“I don’t think he’ll change. He cheated.”

“We weren’t together and he wasn’t the only one that slept with someone else.”

“Wait, you had sex with someone else in New York?”Shannon asked surprised. “Oh wait, was it that day I met Sam?”

“Kinda,” she said. “I slept with Sam’s boyfriend’s younger brother. Marc and Hank play for the same team and they played that night. And well, they just happen to be playing against Marc’s brother’s team. So I we went back to his hotel and after I yelled at Hank I went back to his hotel for another round.”

“That’s not like you at all.”

“That was kind of the point,” Katrina told her. “But Jordan was a one-time thing. I think Hank is really trying.”

“If you say so, but I’m gonna have to cut this short. The in laws are coming over in a bit and I still have a bunch of shit to do before hand.”

“Like violate your husband?”

“I’m not violating him,”Shannon smiled. “How do you expect me to get through a day with the in laws without some kind of cause? Trust me; you’ll have this problem when you get married.”

“Not if the husbands’ family are all back in Sweden.” Hank said from behind Katrina. Turning her head she smiled at him before he gave her a short kiss and walked towards the kitchen.

“Did you have to let him do that?”

“What?” Katrina smiled. “Kiss me? He did more earlier and did it last night too.”

“Way too much information,” Shannon said before she pretended to gag. “I’ll see you next week.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Katrina agreed. “Give the girls and the family my love and I’ll see you next week.”

“Bye.”

With a smile, Katrina closed the messenger window and lowered the screen of the laptop so it was only a few inches from being completely closed. Getting off the couch she made her way over to the kitchen where Hank was in the freezer looking for something to eat. “If you bend over there are some waffles at the bottom, but you can only have them if you make me some as well.”

Crouching down, Hank opened the drawer and took out the bag of frozen waffles. “You always talk to Shannon on Saturdays?”

“When we can,” Katrina said walking up behind him. “She doesn’t think that you have a real surprise for me.”

“And what do you think?” he asked as he put the waffles into the toaster and turned around to look at her.

“I think it had better be good if you are getting me out of here when I don’t have a workout, practice or a game today. It happens to be my day off.”

Hank smiled at her as he took the orange juice out of her hand that she just took out of the fridge and set it on the counter and backed her towards the fridge. Grinning up at him, Katrina sighed as she felt his lips on her neck. “You’ll have fun, but you might be sore afterwards.”

“Sounds like you know exactly what is going to happen.”

The grin on his face, dropped after placing a kiss on her lips. “She doesn’t like me, does she?”

“She just doesn’t want a repeat of me getting hurt, but it isn’t her you should be worried about,” Katrina said wrapping her arms around his neck. “You should be worried about what I’ll do to you later tonight.”

“Still not satisfied?” he grinned at her.

“Not a chance,” she grinned right back at him. “But while you cook up breakfast, I’m going to get ready. I need to put a new shirt on.”

Walking out of the kitchen, Katrina went into her bedroom where she saw the bed made and Checkers on her pillow. Shaking her head, she took off her shirt and tossed it on the bed as she went over to her dresser and pulled out a plain green shirt, but then she decided against it and grabbed the yellow one and slid it on. Grabbing her sneakers out of the closet, she sat on the bed and put them on and tied them so she wouldn’t have to do it later and have Hank give her that look to tell her that they were once again running behind and it wasn’t his fault. Feeling the bed sink down next to where she was sitting, she looked up and saw Hank with a plate of waffles and syrup on them.

“So do I have to tip you for your service?”

“Maybe later when we have the time.” Hank smiled as he handed her the plate and laid back on the bed.

Katrina scooted back and placed the plate on Hank’s stomach. Taking the fork off the side of the plate she began to eat. “You are one of the oddest girls I know.”

“You wouldn’t change me for the world,” Katrina grinned. “Admit it.”

Hank placed his hand on her thigh and watched her as she ate the breakfast so that they could get going to do what he had planned for the day. Katrina had bugged him almost all night about what it was they were going to be doing. But he was determined not to tell her or even give her a hint. After she finished eating, Katrina finished getting ready while Hank laid on the bed.

“If you aren’t too busy, can you rinse off the dish and put in the dish washer.”

Getting off the bed, Hank passed the bathroom that Katrina was in looking at her reflection as she was doing her hair.

“If you don’t speed it up, we are going to be late.”

An hour later, Katrina saw where they were, Madison Square Garden. She looked over at Hank with a confused look on her face as he unbuckled his seatbelt. Following his lead, she undid her seatbelt before grabbing her bag off the floor of his car and opened the door and got out. “I’m confused.”

“I’m teaching you how to skate.” Hank told her as he took her hand in his and started walking towards the entrance.

“I don’t think this is a good idea,” Katrina told him. “I may have the abilities on a soccer field, but not on a sheet of ice. I’m not that talented.”

Feeling her stop walking, Hank turned and looked at her. “You don’t want to go?”

“Hank, if I break something while skating, I don’t know if I would be able to face my teammates. They’d never let me live it down and my season would be over.”

“You won’t break anything I promise,” he told her as he placed his hands on the sides of her face so that she’d look at him. “Trust me?”

Looking into his eyes, Katrina nodded her head and watched as a smile graced Hank’s face. It made one appear on her face right before she leaned onto her tip toes and kissed him. “If I get hurt, you better be the one to nurse me back to health.”

With a grin on his face, they made their way inside for a lesson Katrina never thought she would ever have to have. With Hank’s help she got a pair of skates on and made her way towards the rink hand in hand with Hank. This was something she never thought in a million years that she would be doing, then again, she never thought she’d be dating a hockey player either. A year ago, had you asked her what she thought of hockey, there would be no answer, but now, she actually enjoyed it. Especially when Hank and Marc’s teams won. It just made things that much more special, especially when they celebrated.

Ever so slowly, Katrina put one skate on the ice and followed by the other. Her hand was gripping Hank’s in fear of falling down. Just as he promised he didn’t allow anything to happen to her during the time they had spent on the ice.

“You have the time off for your season break,” Hank said as he skated backwards while holding her hands. “Come to Vancouver and watch me play.”

“Hank, you don’t want me to be there,” Katrina said. “I’d just be a distraction. That’s time for you to concentrate on Olympic hockey. You should invite your family.”

“I need you there,” Hank told her pulling her close to him. “I do better when you are around.”

“But I’m American, how’s it going to look it I’m rooting for you?”

“I need you,” he said kissing the exposed skin on her neck. “I want you there. You won’t be alone.”

“None of the other girls would want to go.”

“I wasn’t talking about them,” Hank smiled. “Marc’s brother got into team Canada and he’s going to go and support him. Don’t you want to do that for me?”

“Jordan got in?”

“No, his older brother, Eric.”

“Oh the one Caitlin is with.”

“Do you think you can go for me?”

Dropping his hands from hers, she wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a sweet kiss. “You are so lucky that I like you.”

“Is that a yes?”

“That’s a maybe and you will have to convince me to agree to it later tonight.”

“You are an energizer bunny.”

“I figured someone like you would want to take advantage of that.”

“Oh believe me, Kitty,” he grinned. “I plan to do just that.”

“Maybe then, you’ll get your answer.”

“Then maybe we should end today’s lesson and go back to my place.”

Katrina smiled at him as she brought her lips up to his once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! Here's the new chapter! Umm....yeah. I hope you enjoy it. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.