Status: Finished!

Your Eyes Tell Me What I Need to Know

Eighteen

Rolling closer to the body next to her, Katrina let out a content sigh. When she had gotten to Vancouver it had been awhile since she had been with Hank. She loved the feeling she would get when she was with him and after they made love. With Hank it was always making love, although a few times they both had gotten carried away, he always made sure that she was satisfied. Katrina had to smile at the reminder of how last night had turned out to be. She tried to stick to her plan of not having sex with Hank until the tournament was over, only he wasn't having any of that. After she had gotten out of the shower and walked out in a fluffy towel wrapped around her body she went to her suitcase and found it emptied.

Looking towards Hank, he wore a pair of shorts and a simple white tee that had come out of her suitcase. “Henrik Lundqvist, if you don't give me my clothes back I swear you'll regret it.”

He got off the bed, the smirk still present on his face and walked over to where she stood off to the side of the TV with her arms crossed over her chest. He leaned down and went to kiss her on the lips, but she turned her head and so his lips met her neck. That had been a mistake on her part. The way his lips felt on her skin, the way his hands brought her body closer to his, the way her body betrayed her. He was her weakness and if she was truthful he had been for sometime. And she knew that bit of information would be best if she kept it to herself.

“Are you awake, Kitty?”

Keeping her eyes closed, she didn't squeeze them like she had in the past where he would look at her and tell she was faking it. So that had to stop if she wanted the chance to fool him. And lately she had been able to, but there were still times that he knew exactly what she was doing.

“Wake up beautiful,” Hank said softly as he kissed her bare shoulder. “Marc might be coming over soon.”

“So if you are bringing Marc into these conversations, does that mean I can start asking you about them? You know those ones you were seeking out instead of being with me.”

“Kitty, that isn't the same,” Hank said running his hand up and down her back. “Let's not start today off with this stuff.”

“You stole my clothes and seduced me.” She pointed out.

“You weren't complaining.”

“I'm sore,” Katrina told him with a sigh as she snuggled closer to him as she tossed one of her legs over his and positioned herself so she was able to sit on his stomach. “I know what your thinking and you can forget it.”

“Baby, don't tease me.” Hank pleaded with her as he felt him hardening as he drank in the sight of her naked body on top of his.

“Didn't you get enough last night?” Katrina asked.

“Not of you,” Hank smiled as he placed his hands on her, his thumbs touching her shooting star tattoos. “It just won't happen.”

“You have a game, so we can't,” Katrina said as she leaned down and placed a kiss on his throat. “So how about you tell me where my clothes are so when Marc does get here he won't see what it is that keeps you up at night?”

Hank laughed as he rolled them over so that she was on her back and he was hoovering over her. “But I like you like this.”

“Hank, please.”

Leaning down, he pressed his lips to the side of her mouth before grabbing his boxers from the night before and sliding them back on and getting out of the bed. Making his way over to his shorts that were on the chair he picked them up and put them on as he looked for his shirt. “Have you seen my shirt?”

“What shirt?” Katrina asked. “You have about a million of them.”

Tearing his eyes away from looking around the room he looked towards the bed where Katrina was under the covers, all the way up to her neck. “Kitty...” he started as he walked towards the side of the bed where she was curled on. “Cold?”

“I lost some body heat.”

Grabbing the covers he tugged on them, but Katrina wouldn't allow him to pull them off her body. “Hank, just go and get my clothes. Or I will never sleep with you again, I swear it.” Katrina laughed as he crawled on top of her.

“Empty threats,” Hank grinned as he took her the skin of her neck where he had paid a good amount of attention to the previous night. It was something that he knew she enjoyed and it would make her want him as much as he had needed him last night. “Why don't I help you with that?”

“Do you not want to have sex ever again?” Katrina giggled.

“That can't be a serious question, Kitty. You know I'd give up food just to have sex with you.”

"Or you'd put that whipped cream you have in your fridge to good use," Katrina laughed. “I'm serious Hank, please get my clothes.”

With a sigh, he got off her and grabbed her hotel key and left the room. Katrina's eyes went wide. The little sneak gave all her clothes to Marc. Oh, he was going to pay for that and Marc was never gonna hear the end of it from her. Throwing the blankets off her body, she made her way to the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, she saw the side of her neck. To say Hank spent time on her neck would be an understatement. Two hickeys on the side of her neck that were ever so noticeable. It was definitely noticeable and even with a pound of makeup, there was no way she would be able to cover them up.

“Kitty?” Hank called as he walked back into the room.

“You had to go for my neck, didn't you?”

“I went for other areas, but that one will be the most noticeable.”

Although she couldn't see him at the moment, she knew he was grinning like a cat. Oh there would definitely be some kind of payback for this. “Your clothes are on the bed.”

Walking out of the bathroom, she looked and saw the pile of clothes in his suitcase. “You put everything in your suitcase and put it in Marc's room?”

“A place you would never look for it.”

With a roll of her eyes, she moved to the suitcase and took out clothes that she'd be wearing after she showered. “Since you don't mind using Marc's room, why don't you go shower in there?”

“Kitty, don't be mad.” Hank said.

“Go, Henrik.” Katrina said as she made her way into the bathroom and started the water.

By the time she was done and applying her makeup, Hank walked back into the room dressed in the suit he would be wearing to the rink before suiting up for Sweden's third game and hopefully another win for their team. Peaking his head into the bathroom he watched as she tried adding more and more liquid to the area where he had left a mark. Normally he was more careful about where he left marks on her, but last night, it didn't matter to either of them.

“Are you almost ready to go?” he asked from the doorway.

“I'm trying to cover this up, but I don't want to use all the makeup I have and it looks like it will take that much to cover it for just today.”

“No one will care,” Hank told her. “But we need to go if I plan on catching the bus with the rest of the team.”

“A bus full of Swedish hockey players?” Katrina grinned as she felt Hank wrap his arms around her mid-section and place a kiss on the back of her neck.. “Sounds like a party to me.”

“Keep dreaming Kitty.”

Katrina sat behind Hank's goal in the first period and the third. She liked being able to sit behind him and watch him play. But the thing she noticed the most about him, was he reminded her of a soccer player and she would know. He allowed the puck to hit him in the chest or even off his mask, it seemed like he didn't want his vision blocked by his glove hand. He was already had trouble when they had bodies in front of him, attempting to block his vision. It didn't matter what they did though. Hank was on top of his game. As soon as the game was over, Hank turned around and smiled at her through his mask. But she knew who he was looking at. Getting out of her seat she made her way to where Hank told her to meet him after the game. She watched the interview he had going and couldn't keep the smile off her face.

As soon as his interview was over, Hank made his way over to where she stood by herself. Marc hadn't come to this game, he was was with his brother since he would be flying out in the morning to meet up with his younger brother Jordan. Wrapping her arms around his neck the best she could with all his padding still on. Pulling his head down, slightly she kissed his lips softly.

“I need to go and shower and change, but don't leave yet, I have a surprise for you.” He smiled at her.

“Surprise?” Katrina asked. “What kind of surprise?”

“The kind you have to wait for,” he told her, a smile on his face. “Sit over there and when I get out, you can have it.”

With a sigh she dropped her arms from round his neck and made her way over to the bench and sat down and looked at him as if to ask what he was waiting for. He wanted to walk over to her and kiss her but he headed to the locker room. Once Hank was out of view, she took out her cell phone and looked at the text message that had gone off when there had only been a few minutes left in the game. Instead of looking at it, she watched in hopes to see Hank get his second olympic shutout. She was so happy for him. This was something he wanted so bad, sure he had one gold medal already, but that didn't mean he didn't want another one. He was playing for his nation. To him there would only be so many other things that could compare to it. She only hoped that one day she could share those things with him.

“I can tell the wheels are turning in that head of yours.”

Looking up, Katrina smiled at Hank. “You normally are never that quick in the shower.”

With a smile he took her hand and started to walk to their destination. “Are you hungry? I thought we could get a bite to eat.”

“I could eat.” Katrina nodded her head as she laced her fingers with his.

“Good, I have a car waiting for us. We'll eat and then take a walk.”

Dinner had been silent, not on her part, but more on his. She tried making conversation with him, but either he didn't want anything to do with it or he was in a world of his own. He had been that way since they got out of the car. It was starting to annoy her, that much she did know. She was about to ask another question, but he beat her to it.

“Did you like the game?”

“I liked watching you play,” Katrina smiled. “You were amazing, like always.”

“Kitty, there is a reason I brought you here.”

“To Vancouver?” she asked. “Or to this restaurant. Because if we are being technical, I brought myself to Vancouver to meet up with you.”

“To this restaurant,” he clarified. “There is something I need to tell you and I'll understand if you don't feel the same way yet, but I need to let you know.”

“Hank, your starting to worry me.”

“I love you.”

Katrina blinked a few times. She wasn't sure that she had actually heard the words come from his mouth. She must have heard them come from someone at another nearby table. They hadn't been at this whole relationship thing for all that long, but she couldn't find any lie in his eyes. That was what scared her the most. When she and Hank weren't really together, she knew that he was feeling something that he had only felt once before, and that was with his previous relationship, if you could call it that. Taking a deep breath, she looked into his blue eyes. “What did you just tell me? I'm pretty sure that I misheard you.”

“I love you.”

“Hank, I-”

“No, Katrina, I need you to listen to me right now.”

Her eyes widened in surprise, but stayed silent and waited for him to continue. This wasn't what she thought he wanted to talk about. This was starting to sound like he was going to break-up with her. That was not what she wanted, because she loved him. She hadn't told him because she didn't want him to leave her, but it seemed like it was happening anyways. Katrina could feel the tears in her eyes and she closed her eyes to try and control it. She didn't want to cry in front of Hank, especially before he even said anything.

Watching as he reached into his jacket pocket he pulled out a box and set it in the center of the table. “That's for you.”

Taking the box she opened it and was surprised to see a diamond ring inside. Her eyes were glued to the ring before looking back into Hank's eyes. “Hank?” she asked, her voice laced with surprise.

“It isn't an engagement ring,” he told her as he got out of his seat and came and sat next to her in the booth. “I need something from you, Kitty.”

“What do you need from me?”

“I want you to promise that you and I have a future together. I don't want you to be with any other guy.”

“The only other guy I've been with since getting to New York was a one night stand and there is something that I need to tell you.”

“Kitty...”

Grabbing his hand to keep him next to her, she leaned over and gave him a kiss. “I love you. The only reason I didn't tell you was because I was afraid that you would leave and I don't want that to happen.”

Taking the ring out of the box he placed it on her right ring finger. Wrapping her arm around his neck, she pulled him to her and kissed him. This was the first time that saying those words didn't make her feel insecure. But the moment Hank had told her that he loved, she knew it was different and that made a huge difference. “Hank, can we skip the walk and get out of here now?”

Hank smiled at her and wiped her tears from her face. He knew or at least hoped that they were happy tears. “How about we get the food to go?”

“I think I would like that more than you know.”

With a smile on both of their faces, Hank waved down the waiter so that they could get their food to go. It was a night that neither of them wanted to forget. It was a step in the right direction with the relationship that they had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo!! Another chapter!! Thanks Pensrock for all the help you gave you to me and getting me to actually sit down and write this one! :)

Hope ya'll enjoy it!!