Status: Finished!

Your Eyes Tell Me What I Need to Know

Nineteen

There were only a few times in her life that Katrina could remember being as happy as she was at the moment. Walking around the village with Hank had been fun. It wasn't something that they had thought about doing, but they didn't want to stay indoors during the whole trip. Sure there were benefits to staying inside until he had to leave for his game, but this was a trip neither of them were going to forget.

Walking arm and arm, Katrina smiled up at Hank as they stopped walking. He dropped her arm and gathered her into him and softly kissed her lips before his started traveling down her neck. “Hank, don't you think you've marked me enough as it is?” Katrina whispered, loving the way she was feeling and not wanting it to end. When his lips detached from her neck, she looked at him surprised. “What is it?”

Turning around, Hank felt the same thing. It was a snowball. Someone had thrown one while his back was turned and after he turned around. Looking up, he dropped Katrina's hand that she had grabbed when he turned around and saw her.

His breath hitched in is throat and while she wasn't alone, she was all he saw. Caitlin James was all Henrik Lundquivst ever saw when she was present, a fact Katrina was painfully aware of. A snowball hit him in the back of his head and slid down his back. "What the Fuck?" he yelled out and turned to see Marc Staal ready to throw another one. This one aimed for Katrina.

As soon as Hank saw Caitlin he should have known Marc was there. Marc or one of his brothers. The Staal brothers were Caitlin's favorite accessories and she was rarely ever seen without one of them.

But Hank had seen her without them, and not all that long ago either. She'd shown up on his doorstep while he and Katrina were split up. She had been going through a rough time with her lover, and love of her life, Eric Staal. When she kissed Hank, he couldn't refuse her, he was never able to refuse her and they spent the night having wild, kinky mind blowing sex, the only kind of sex Caitlin was capable of having. He didn't want his heart to pang for Caitlin, to remember the way she felt pressed against him, but he did.

"You son of a bitch Staal!" Hank yelled out. In reality, Hank was relieved, it could have been Eric with Caitlin that day. Had it been Eric, Hank wouldn't have been able to get within ten feet of her. Not that he blamed Eric. If Caitlin were his he wouldn't let Eric in the same state as her.

"Leave his momma out of this, Hank. He's the bitch." Caitlin added and they both laughed. 

Marc threw her over his shoulder and tossed her into a snow bank, while she cursed him the way a truck driver would. It was hank that gave her his hand and pulled her out of the cold wet snow. Did his his hand linger on hers a little too long? Maybe, but he didn't notice it. "At least somebody's a gentleman around here," Caitlin announced as more of a dig to Marc than a complement to Hank.

Hank didn't care about that, even though deep down he knew it. He took Caitlin's words to heart and then hung on her every word after that, listening to her talk about her recent trip to Japan and list her future itinerary. He got lost in thought when she said she'd be in Costa Rica, a trip he'd taken with her less than a year ago. He remembered the hot nights and the even hotter sex. "So anyway, things are better now, with Eric." Caitlin said breaking him from his thoughts.

"Glad to hear it," he replied, not meaning his words. He didn't mean it. He hated knowing she was with a man that didn't deserve her, but he also knew that Eric Staal was the only man that would make her happy, truly happy, and he wanted her to be happy. He had Kitty now and had found his own happiness, a real deep down happiness. Kitty was a woman he could spend the rest of his life with and since Caitlin and Eric were together, seemingly happy, he had no distractions from Kitty. Caitlin wouldn't be showing up on his door step anytime soon, not the way she did in October, and if she did, he'd send her to the Staals. That's where Caitlin belonged, with the Staals. He wasn't going to let even Caitlin distract him from what was good in his life, his Kitty.

But he had done just that. "Where's your girl Hank?" Marc asked, interrupting him and Caitlin.

"What?" Hank asked not understanding the question. He didn't understand the question because Kitty was right behind him.

"Your girl? Katrina? Where is she?" Marc questioned again.

Hank turned and his heart sunk. Kitty was gone, nowhere in site. He had fucked up. No question. He turned every which way hoping to catch a glimpse of her. "Look I gotta go," he announced

"Seems to me she's a little too sensitive if she'd going to let a little conversation bother her." Caitlin replied.

But it wasn't just a little conversation, it was a little conversation with Caitlin James, the object of Hanks affection and desires and Katrina was well aware of that. Hank had ignored her, hadn't even attempted to include her in the conversation. He didn't even notice her leave.

"Guess you didn't tell her about October then did ya Hank?" she said it with a wink and a smirk. Caitlin knew she'd caused trouble. She didn't want Hank, but she couldn't help enjoying the affect she had on him, and his girlfriend.

Marc wasted no time. He knew how Caitlin could be. He knew from experience the position Hank was in, getting wrapped up in Caitlin and having to face the wrath of his girlfriend. It was so easy to do and Marc did it regularly. As much as he loved Samantha, Caitlin was still Caitlin. "Come on Caity. Let's get you back to Eric." Both men knew that was the best place for her, with Eric.

Hank ran his hand threw his hair and huffed. What the fuck was he going to do now. How could he get out of this one?

Walking into the hotel room where he had been spending a lot of his time with Katrina. Her back was turned to him and it looked like she had her ear bug headphones in her ears, so it was likely she hadn't heard him come in. It took him a few moments to realize what it was that she was doing. Packing. He kept messing up with her and he didn't want to, it just surprised him to see her there. Although he should have never left her and went to Caitlin. Katrina didn't deserve it and he hated that he kept hurting her.

“Kitty?” he finally spoke up as she placed folded clothes into her suitcase.

When there was no reaction or response from her, he took a few steps closer to her and repeated her name, a little louder, but she still didn't seem to hear him. Placing his hand on her shoulder and she jumped. Looking at him in the eyes, Katrina removed his hand from her skin as she took her ear buds out. “So how long did it take you to notice I was gone?”

“Kitty...”

“I don't get you, at least tell me the truth, Hank. Do you love her?”

“I'm in love with you.”

“That's not what I asked, Henrik. Do you love her? I need to know. If you truly love her then I won't bother you, I won't stand in your way, but I can't keep letting you hurt me like this. I won't let you keep doing this to me.”

“Kitty, Caitlin is not the type of girl you have a future with. You are that girl for me. Just you.”

“How am I supposed to believe you?” Katrina asked as she went back to packing her suitcase. “I mean I was holding your hand and then you saw her and it was like I didn't exist. Would you have noticed if Marc hadn't said something?”

“How did you know about-”

“I got a text from Marc letting me know that you were looking for me. I'm really starting to have my doubts about this Hank. About your supposed commitment to me. Sure you bought me a ring to show your committed, but when you forget about me for that whore, then what the fuck am I supposed to think?”

“Kitty, I'm sorry. I was stupid. I was just surprised to see her.”

“It's like you become a different person when your around her, Hank and I honestly don't know how I feel about that.”

“I don't have a future with Caitlin. It's always about the fucking Staals with her and I don't want to lose you over this.”

“It isn't like you showed you cared if I was there or not and I that hurt Hank. After all the shit we went through, I would have thought you would have been, I don't know, more in control of your feelings and just for her but the other women you liked fooling around with.”

“Please don't do this Kitty.”

“Do what?” she asked as she tried to move to go into the bathroom to grab her toiletries, but he wrapped his arms around her to bring her into his body.

“Please,” he whispered into her neck as he locked his arms around her. “I love you, Kitty. Please don't leave and don't be mad.”

“Why, you didn't ask that slut to go to your game?”

“I wouldn't,” he said. “All I want is you there.”

“You're a complete jerk.”

“I know.”

“And an idiot.”

“I know.”

“I hate you.” Katrina sighed as she tried to push Hank away from her.

“Don't say that,” Hank told her as he pushed her towards the second bed in the room and falling on it, his body on top of hers, but not crushing her since he didn't want to hurt her. “You don't mean it.”

“I want to.” Katrina sighed feeling his lips touch her neck. Her hand went to the back of his head. “I really do.”

“I just want you,” Hank whispered. “Please tell me you'll stay.”

“Hank...” Katrina sighed as she felt his hand slid under her shirt. “This isn't a good...we shouldn't be doing this now.”

“Yes we should,” Hank smiled before moving to claim her lips in a kiss. “I want to do this with the love of my life.”

Katrina squirmed a bit at that phrase. It was something someone had used with her in the past and for some reason she didn't like it. But she couldn't just stop Hank's wandering hands under her shirt. It felt way to good to make him stop. Feeling Hank's hand tug down her sweats as he moved down her body. Helping him get her pants off and after he tossed them to the floor, she sat up and tugged on his shirt and pulled it over his head. “Are you going to be thinking of me or her?”

“Always you.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Feeling someone shake her arm, brought Katrina out of her sleep. Moving away from what was trying to wake her up, she tried to get comfortable again, but the person seemed intent on waking her. So as she slowly opened her eyes as she turned and looked at the person. “What?” she asked as she closed her eyes again and placed her head back on the pillow.

“I need to get to the arena, you have an hour before you need get out of bed.”

“For what?”

“Aren't you coming to the game?”

“I'm tired.”

“I need you there and to celebrate when we win.”

“I'm already sore as it is,” Katrina said as she sat up while holding the sheet to her chest. “And you wanna make that worse?”

Sitting on the bed next to her, “I promise you will be screaming my name.”

“Keep dreaming, Hank. Don't you have to go or something? Isn't that why you woke me up?”

“I'll see you after the game, okay?” he asked, placing his hand on the side of her face.

“Maybe.” Katrina smirked

“How do I change that to a yes?” Hank smirked as he placed a soft kiss on her neck.

“Nothing because you have to go and I need to find my way into the shower and get dressed and to the arena.”

“I still want a yes from you,” he told her before placing a soft kiss on her lips. “So let me hear you say it.”

“You have to go, Hank. You can't be late.”

“Then tell me what I want to hear and I'll go.”

“Fine. Yes you'll see me after the game whether you want to or not.”

“I love you. See you later.”

With a smile, Katrina kissed Hank once more before he got off the bed and left the hotel room. She watched him as he left and the door closed behind him before falling back onto the bed. Laying there for a few minutes, Katrina smiled at the thought of what later would entail, if it was anything like the previous night, she knew that it would be so worth it.

Pulling herself out of the bed, she made her way to the shower. Taking her time in the shower made her feel good. Knowing that she shouldn't stay in the shower too long since she still had to make the trip to the arena after getting dressed, but the water just felt so good against her body. After a good few minutes, she turned off the water and grabbed the towel off the rack and wrapped it around her body before stepping out of the shower and walking into the room.

Slipping into a pair of dark denim jeans and a white tank top to wear under the jersey Hank had gotten for her. Taking the hair brush out of her suitcase, she brushed it straight before pulling it into a high ponytail. Tossing the hair brush back into the open suitcase, she went over to the open make-up bag and put a light layer of concealer. That's all she needed. There was no one she was trying to impress since she was with the man she wanted to be with.

Walking over to the bed, she grabbed her tennis shoes and untied them before putting them on. Putting her stuff away, she place her suitcase next to the one she had brought that Hank had asked for. Grabbing the hotel key, she put it into her wallet and grabbed her pass before leaving the room. Before closing the door she took off the do not disturb sign and put it on the inside of the door. With that being done, she closed the door and walked towards the elevator to get to the arena where Hank would be the starting goalie for team Sweden. Draped over her messenger bag was his jersey. She would put it on when she got there.

The drive wasn't very long, at least it didn't seem that way to her. As soon as she got inside, she put the jersey on before making her way to her seat, which was behind the goal Hank would be in for the first and third period. She sat down and watched the warm-ups and smiled at Hank when he looked her way. She knew how important these games were to Hank and she just hoped that he did well. Supporting him was an easy choice and she just hoped that if she ever made the Women's Olympic USA team he would return the favor. She had a feeling he would since she could see them together in the future. That was an incredible feeling. Knowing in the future she wouldn't be alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I owe a HUGE thanks to Pensrock for co-writing this chapter with me and allowing her character to make another appearance in this. It means a lot.

Sorry for the lack of update, but I've had some bad times lately and I'm trying to be there for my friend, so writing hasn't been on the tops of my list, but things are going back to normal.

I would love to hear what you have to say about this chapter!