Status: Finished!

Your Eyes Tell Me What I Need to Know

Twenty-Three

More than anything she wanted to blame New York for what had happened to her since she had been traded, but she couldn't. She had fallen in love with the city and over the course of time she had been there she had made two great friends and lost her heart to someone who had fallen for another woman who would never return his feelings and now here she was alone and pregnant with his baby. He had told her that he wanted to be part of their baby's life, but she just didn't see him there. She didn't even know where she would be when the baby was born. Sure she'd be on the sidelines of a few home games while she supported her team, but would she stay in New York or would she go back to California.

There were many options that she could look at, but all of them depended on her and where she wanted to be. If she wanted to be truly honest with herself, than she would have to admit that she hadn't even looked that far into the future. The only thing she had done was move into a larger apartment in a good neighborhood. Dipping one of her french fries into her chocolate shake she looked at the clock on her phone that was sitting next to her on the table. The picture of her and Hank in Vancouver before everything happened had been replaced with a picture of Shannon and her when she had come out to help her move.

“You know it could be easier if you just told me where you lived so I wouldn't have to track you down.”

Looking up, Katrina saw Hank sitting across from her. “I didn't invite you here.”

“Marc isn't coming, Kitty,” Hank told her. “He's been talking with his agent lately about free agency.”

“I wanted to talk with Marc, not you.” Katrina said as she dipped her fry into the milkshake.

“Are you seriously going to eat that?” Hank asked.

“Are you seriously going to sit there and watch me eat?”

“Only until you leave. You have that press conference today, don't you?”

“What's your point?” Katrina asked as she nodded a thanks to the waitress who placed down her bill.

“I just thought that maybe we could spend some time together before you go,” Hank told her as he grabbed the bill before she could. “I want to give us another try.”

“I told you that I don't trust you,” Katrina said making a grab for the check, but Hank placed it next to him in the booth as he took his wallet out. “I don't need you to pay for my food.”

“It isn't that big of a deal, Kitty.” Hank said passing it to the waitress as she walked by.

“I don't need you paying for my food. I can do it myself. I don't need you.”

“I want to go with you,” Hank said looking into her eyes. “To the press conference.”

“What for? It doesn't have anything to do with you.”

“That's my baby.”

“Are you sure? Maybe it is Letang's and I lied to Marc about who the father is.”

“You wouldn't lie to Marc about something this big,” Hank smirked. “You and I both know that.”

“Well people change.” Katrina said grabbing her phone and bag.

Without looking back at him, she walked out of the diner and headed to her car. As she buckled her seat belt she sent a message to her agent to let him know that she was on her way to the press conference. Placing her sunglasses on her face she put her phone in the cup holder that was in-between the driver's seat and the passenger's. Pulling into traffic, she half wished that she had let Hank come along. The last press conference she had to do was when she had been traded to New York and Shannon had been there with her, this time it was just her.

Getting there and parking were easy enough since her agent met her outside. She was told that they were going to add some make-up onto her face so that she wouldn't look so shiny. So while they did that, she listened to what her agent was saying, but only with half a heart. Knowing there was nothing to be worried about did nothing for her nerves and being pregnant on top of that made her start to feel sick. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath before rubbing her eyes. Opening her eyes, she pulled her phone from her pocket and looked at the message from Marc. It was a forwarded message from Hank. Please let me be there with you.

Ignoring the text, she shut her eyes once more to let the people put the make-up on her skin. She was thankful that she wasn't already wearing some, because it might have just messed everything up. When she heard them mumble that they were done, she looked at her agent who had a grin on his face. Nodding his head, he motioned for her to go on out there and do what she needed to do. With her water bottle in her hand, she put a smile on her face and walked out to where the table was set up. Her feet stopped moving when she saw the body in the chair next to hers. Biting down on her lip she watched as he got up from his seat and pulled hers out for her. Taking a deep breath, she took her seat and scooted herself in before he had the opportunity to do so.

“Ms. Katrina Anderson and guest Mr. Henrik Lundqvist are here to address the rumors that have been circulating.”

Looking at her agent before he pointed to one of reporters in the crowd. Her head looked towards the cameras as she listened to the question.

“Are you not playing with the rest of your team because you're pregnant? And if so, how will it affect your career?”

“I am pregnant,” Katrina said. “The Freedom have been so good to me since I came out from Los Angeles and I consider myself blessed for that. They understand that I will be a mother and as soon as possible I'll be back. It'll take time to get me form back, but they told me that they are willing to wait for me. And I think because they believe in me, makes me feel lucky to be in their organization.”

“Has the women's national team contacted you about next year's hopes?”

“I would love nothing more than to play for team USA on a national level. It has been a dream of mine for the longest time. After my baby is born, if I am at the level they need from me then I would love nothing more than to participate, but it'll be dealt with when the time comes.”

“What is your role? Are you the father?”

“I came here to give my support and my love to Katrina. I am the father of her baby and I will be there for her every step of the way. I haven't been perfect when it comes to us, but I'm hoping that we can get past all that and concentrate on our futures.”

“Are living together?”

“No, we live in separate homes.” Katrina stated.

“Any plans to move in or get back together?”

“No plans for either one of those things. I believe that just because you are having a baby with someone that doesn't mean that you have to be in a relationship with them. I am content with how my life is and how I'm living it and I don't plan on changing anytime soon.”

“Does that mean you aren't back together?”

“I am not dating anyone,” Katrina said. “But I can only speak for myself.”

“I'm not dating anyone.” Hank clarified.

“Have you told anyone about the baby?”

“I've told my teammates as well as some of my friends back in Los Angeles as well as the ones I have out here. I'm not ashamed of being pregnant.”

“Do you think your ready for a baby?”

“Not at all. But that's what they have classes and books for. And the greatest thing of all is having friends that already have kids. Also there is first hand experience when the baby gets here, but that's still ways away. At this moment, I'm not ready, but I hope when the time comes that I'll be a great mother.”

Feeling a hand on her leg, sent shock waves through her body. She looked at Hank as she moved his hand to the inside of her thigh before crossing her legs and keeping his hand trapped there. He looked at her and knew what it was that she wanted and once they had the chance, he would give it to her.

“Last question, please.”

“You seem to have roots still in California, does that mean you'll have the baby there?”

“I don't know where I'll be when that happens. I guess it depends on things that happen between now and the time I go into labor. So as of right now, I have no idea.”

Uncrossing her legs, Katrina stood from her seat and headed off the stage. Hank followed after her and was behind her until she stopped and turned to look at him. “I can't do this, Hank. I won't take advantage of you like this.”

Grabbing her hand, Hank pulled her closer to him before cupping her face with his hands. “If you didn't want to do anything then why did you trap my hand?”

“I haven't exactly have control over my emotions lately. And I won't do this because you'll think it'll be more than what it really is.”

“And what is it?” Hank asked, looking into her eyes.

“Sex. All I want right now is sex and its a bad idea. I need to go.” Katrina said as she moved away from him.

“Kitty...” Hank called after her. “My place, right now.”

Turning on her heel to look at him, Katrina looked at him wide eyed. “I understand that its nothing more than sex.”

“I'll live if I don't get it.”

“Yeah, but I'd rather I be the one having sex with you instead of some flightless bird that might be in town.”

“I haven't seen him since I left Pittsburgh,” Katrina admitted as she watched Hank close the distance between them and stopping right in front of her. “I-”

His lips crashing onto hers, stopped her from speaking but not from reacting. It had been awhile since she felt this way. When Hank kissed her it was like she was no longer with anyone but him. Even when it wasn't a good idea, a simple kiss from him would send her into waves of pleasure that she had never felt from another man before. Her eyes met his as soon as their kiss broke. “Hank, we can't do this here.”

“Come over to my place then. One night.”

“Hank...”

“It is a really bad idea,” Katrina said as she placed a feather soft kiss on the side of his mouth. “But I can't stop thinking that its the first time in awhile that it will be so much fun to break a few rules tonight.”

“So you'll come, right now?”

“I'll meet you there. There is something that I need to pick up.”

“You won't need clothes,” Hank told her. “I promise.”

“That's not what I need to pick up, but I will have to leave at some point. Head home Hank, order some Chinese food and I'll meet you there.”

“Are you going to show up?”

“I guess you'll have to wait and find out.”

With a smile on her face, she walked away from him and to her car without looking back where he was still standing.
♠ ♠ ♠
This didn't end the way I thought it would. Not my favorite chapter, but there it is. Sorry it has taken so long to get it out.

Let me know what you think.