Status: Finished!

Your Eyes Tell Me What I Need to Know

Twenty-Four

Knowing what was the right thing to do and knowing that she shouldn't do something had never made her feel so conflicted before. Sitting in his bed, unable to sleep, Katrina grabbed the elastic band off the bedside table before gathering her hair up into a messy bun. Slipping out of his bed, she grabbed the shirt that had been discarded when things got heated after she had gotten there. Buttoning up the front of the blue dress shirt, she went over to her bag and grabbed a pair of her lace panties and slipped them on before leaving the bedroom. Leaving the door cracked just a bit, she smiled and made her way to the kitchen.

Opening the fridge, she saw all the containers of Chinese that they had barely touched before she decided that she was no longer hungry, at least for food anyways. Placing some of the containers on the counter, she opened them one by one to find the two that she wanted. With luck, she found them on the first two tries. Orange chicken and sweet and sour pork. Technically the sweet and sour pork were his, but she didn't care, it was what she was craving and now that she was eating for two. Going through the cupboards, she finally found what she was looking for, a plate to put the food on so that she could heat it up in the microwave. After it was in there, she grabbed a cup and looked at what he had to drink; beer, wine coolers, vodka, and more beer. Katrina suspected that the wine coolers were in there for her, but it wasn't as if she could drink them now. Closing the fridge, she walked over to the sink and filled up her cup with water before making her way to the living room and setting it down on the coffee table as the microwave beeped letting her know the food was ready.

Taking her food out she grabbed a fork from the drawer and made her way to the couch. With her feet on the table and the plate of food on her lap, Katrina flipped on the television and hoped she could find something to watch at four in the morning. After going through all the sports channels, she moved onto the movie channels. Her thumb paused when she came across one of her all time favorite movies. Sixteen Candles.

With a smile on her face, she set the remote down and started eating the food on her plate before it started to get cold. She didn't want to miss anymore of the movie than she already had.

“Open this door!” the cute popular boy said.

“No way Jose!” came the response from the foreign kid that was behind the front door.

“Open the door!” he said again.

“You punch my face!”

“You grabbed my nuts!”


Leaning over she picked up her cup of water as she laughed. She hadn't seen this movie in so long, but she could remember most of the scenes and plenty of quotes. Setting her drink back down, she used her fingers to pick up some of the orange chicken with the sweet and sour sauce on it. The movie had started over again, so when she had finished her food she just set the plate down next to her cup of water.

Feeling a pair of arms wrap around her from behind, made her jump. Hearing his laughter as he got onto the couch, Katrina went to hit his bare chest for scaring her, but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him and wrapped his arms around him. “Are you trying to scare me half to death?” she asked him as she moved to get comfortable.

His hands rested on her stomach, but his eyes were focused on her lower half, particularity, where his shirt ended and her skin was showing. Moving his hands, they found the bottom of the shirt that had ridden up higher on her legs. “I think you took something of mine. I think it's time you gave it back.”

“When the movie is over.” Katrina told him as she grabbed his hands and placed them back on her stomach.

“Kitty, let's go back to bed. You have this movie.”

“I know, but there wasn't much else on.”

“That's because you should be sleeping in bed with me.” he told her as he grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. Keeping her in his arms, he carried her bridal style back to the bedroom so they could both get some sleep. Although neither had any plans for the next few days, he knew that she was tired. It was the pregnancy that was making her more tired than what she normally was. Marc had even noticed it as well when Katrina and Sam would be over at their place.

“But you were sleeping and I wasn't tired. I was actually hungry.” Katrina said wrapping her arms around Hank's neck as he walked.

“And what exactly did you have?” he asked as he set her on her feet.

“The leftover Chinese that was in the fridge.”

“Does that mean you ate all the leftovers?” Hank asked watching her get onto the bed.

“No,” Katrina smiled as she pulled the comforter up to chest. “The rice is left.”

Moving over next to her, he started to unbuttoned the shirt she had put on when getting out of bed earlier. Stopping when her stomach was revealed, he placed feather light kisses on her stomach, where their baby was growing. “Be nice to mommy tonight. She needs the sleep.”

“Then you should give me the blanket back and I will get some sleep.” Katrina grinned, as she ran her hand through his hair.

“Then close your eyes and I'll keep talking to the baby.”

“But, you'll keep doing what you did earlier and that is not gonna help me fall asleep.” Katrina told him as he grabbed her hand as she went to run her fingers through it once again.

She gave him a smile as he looked into her eyes. “I wanted to talk to you about something, Kitty.”

“You look so serious.”

“I just need you to listen to me, okay?” Hank asked as he lowered his lips to hers before sitting next to her on the bed where she sat up. “Are you going to listen or run out of the room?”

“Hank, just tell me.”

“You know she's out of the picture, completely out of my life Kitty. I've been such a fool to put her before you. I know you're who I want. No one can compare to you, and now you're having my baby...”

"Don't use the baby as an excuse. Just because I'm pregnant, it doesn't change anything about what has happened."

“You don't get it.”

"What am I supposed to get? You didn't realize I left, in Vancouver when she was around. You would drop everything to be with her, that doesn't change over night."

"I love you. I'm insanely in love with you. Give me another chance Kitty and I'll never put anything or anyone before you again." Hank said looking into her eyes, before she looked away from him.

"Hank....I just don't know. I won't be able to take it if you break my heart again. I waited so long for you to come find me and the only reason you really did was because Marc opened his mouth and told you about the baby."

"Is that what you think? You think this is just because of the baby. Kitty I've been a huge fuck up. I'm here because I realized what I'd lost, that I'd let the perfect woman get away. The fact that you are carrying my baby... well that's a bonus. A great big fucking bonus."

"I think you think I'm the safety net and I don't know if after the baby gets here how you are gonna do all the things you say you want to. I just don't want to get hurt again, because I have to think of more than just me now." Katrina said as she got out of the bed.

She didn't leave, she just started pacing around the room.

"We all make mistakes, and I know I made some great god damn big ones, but Kitty you aren't going to keep me from helping you raise this baby, and if you give in just a little an let me love you...love you like you deserve to be loved, we can be a family. I want to be a family. But whatever you decide about me, whether you can find it in your heart to forgive me, to love me again, whether or not you can do that, I will be part my child's life.”

"What if you get traded to another team? What if the Rangers trade you and you end up all the way in Los Angeles? What then? What am I supposed to do then? My contract won't let me follow you there. What would you do then?"

She kept pacing and failed to notice that he got out of the bed as well.

"What if the damn world comes to an end tomorrow Kitty. You just have to trust me. You just have to trust that whatever happens we can work through it. You have to let all the bad shit go and let us build a life together. I know it's scary. I know what I've done to you, and it's a risk. it's a big fucking risk. But don't you dare tell me you don't love me. Don't you dare." He grabs her face and pulls it in and kisses her, a heated, passion filled kiss. "I know you feel it too Kitty. I know you do."

"I hate you." she told him as his lips came down onto hers and she wrapped her arms around his neck to keep him there. As she was really getting into the kiss, he stopped it. "I hate you. I hate that you make me feel like this."

"Mmm," he kissed down her neck. "I'm going to show you baby. I'm going to be the man you need me to be." He pushed her lightly until her back hit the bed. "I'm going to give you and this baby everything you need...EVERYTHING."

Before she could say anything she had Hank's lips crashing onto hers once more and he lifted her back onto the bed. Moving back to where the pillows were, their lips never separated once, until air became a need. Hank's hands found the front of the shirt and to where the last two buttons were still fastened, keeping her breasts behind the cotton dress shirt.

Slowly he took the buttons into his hands and pushed them back through the slits and then opened the shirt so that he could take in Katrina's breasts. His lips placed a kiss between them before his hands cupped them. She didn't want him to hear the groan that he caused by just touching her, but he did and a smirk played on his lips.

Her hands that had been on his back, leaving a trail of marks moved lower to his boxers where she tugged them lower and lower. He let go of her breasts so that he could get rid of them the rest of the way. “I think you are wearing too much clothing.” he told her as his hands went to her top of her lace panties she had put on when she left the bed earlier. Slowly, he inched them down and she kicked them off to where her pair from earlier in the night were at.

He hovered over her, and she ached for his touch again, but he seemed lost in her for a moment, before he said, "This isn't going to be sex Katrina. This is going to be making love. Are you ready? Are you ready for that?”

Part of her wanted to say no, to protect herself from him and the power he had over her, but a much bigger part wanted him to love her, wanted everything he was offering, wanted the love making he promised. She shook her head yes, and closed her eyes waiting for him.

"Tell me you love me Kitty. Tell me and I'll make love to you all night long. I promise you'll never forget to night as long as you tell me."

“I wouldn't be here if I didn't love you, Hank.”

"That's not good enough." His hand crept slowly between her legs and he could feel her ache for him. "You need to say it and you need to mean it."

"Do we have to talk about this now? Aren't men supposed to be the ones that want sex first and talking later?"

"Look at me Kitty. Look at me." Her eyes met his and locked there. "I'm offering you everything I have to give. Every part of me that's good. I need you to take it. Tell me you love me. Tell me." His look was serious, and the next seconds would give Hank everything he ever dreamed of or crush him, break every dream he ever had of loving just one woman for the rest of his life.

“I'm scared, Hank....” Katrina said, barely above a whisper. “If I give you my heart again, how do I know that this time won't be like all the rest? I never thought what happened between us would, but it did and now I'm scared.”

"The best things in life are scary Kitty, but they are also worth fighting for. I'm here. I'm fighting for you, for our family, the one we can become. I just need you to fight a little too." Tears filled his eye as he realized she might be pulling away.

But she grabbed his face and pulled him down into a soft kiss and whispered against his lips. "I love you Henrik Lundqvist. Don't fuck up again."

He laughed and kissed her with a passion she'd never felt before. Her toes curled and she arched into him all from a simple kiss. She felt it. She felt the difference in him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I might have had this out sooner, but my laptop did something, still not sure what and I had to reformat it meaning I lost everything cause I was supposed to back everything up that day. Go figure.

I hope you all like this!! Let me know how I did.

Thank you to Pensrock, if it weren't for her help and her humor, I wouldn't have gotten this done as soon as it was.