Status: Finished!

Your Eyes Tell Me What I Need to Know

Thirty

“Are you ready for this?”

Looking up, Katrina looked at Abby who stood in front of her.

“Nervous since I'm not sure if the fans want me back now that it has been a year since I played.”

“Katrina, they'll be thrilled to have you back. You and your skills are always welcomed on the team. Plus the moment you got here, you've been a favorite by fans and I don't see that changing.”

“I hope you are right,” Katrina said as she leaned down to tie her cleats. “Noah is here.”

“Gets to see his mommy play,” Abby smiled as sat next to Katrina. “Trust me, you are gonna do an amazing job.”

“I feel slightly naked without my wedding ring on.”

“Where did you put it?” Abby asked.

“I gave it to Hank. He's holding it for me until the game is over. Hank actually told me that he wants Noah to be a hockey player.”

“Do you think he'll push that career on him?”

“I doubt it,” Katrina smiled. “Hank might act like he wants Noah to be a hockey player, but what he really wants is for him to be happy doing whatever he likes.”

“So how are things between you and the husband?” Abby asked.

“Amazing. I know things weren't always so good for us, but I think we are at the point where we both couldn't be happier. Noah might have been an accident, but he was the best accident to ever happen to us,” Katrina said. “I consider myself to be forunate for all the people in my life. If you asked me two years ago what I thought my life would be like, I would have said just the normal LA life.”

“Do you miss your life there?”

“I miss some of my friends and it took some time, but New York is my home now.”

“So how long until you leave us because your pregnant again?” Abby asked.

Katrina couldn't contain her laughter on that question. “At least two years. Hank wants more in a year, but I told him that I want Noah potty trained before we have another one. And we need a bigger place before that happens.”

“How big is your place now?”

“Three bedrooms. Our room, Noah's room and then there is the guest room.”

“Has anyone actually stayed in there?”

“Hank's brother right before Noah was born and he stayed for a bit afterward.”

“So Hank's family hasn't come to visit? Like his parents?”

“Nope, I think he thinks it'll stress me out by having them here while playing and taking care of Noah.”

“When will his parents get to see him?”

“This summer. We are going to Sweden.”

“C'mon ladies! Time to move it to the field!”

Taking a deep breath, Katrina got off the bench in the locker room and walked to where the girls where heading to the field. This was the moment she had been waiting for, for so long. Knowing that Hank, Noah and Marc were in the private seating for family and friends made this moment even more special than she could have imagined it being. Making sure her hair was secure in her ponytail, Katrina made her way out onto the soccer field that she hadn't played on in what felt like forever.

The game was intense and not what she had been expecting, but Katrina loved every minute of it. Time went by faster than she remembered and with only three minutes left in the game, Abby had lined up a corner kick and just like the few times they had tried it during practices, Katrina watched as it came right at her and so she jumped and headed it. Watching as the ball hit the inside of the net, Katrina ran to where Abby stood and jumped into her arms right before the rest of the team joined in the group hug. The final score to the game was 1-0 with Katrina's goal the game winner.

At the end of the game, Hank had come down to the field with Noah in his arms. The moment that she saw them she was walking over for an interview, but Noah had seen her and was struggling to get out of his father's arms and get to his mother. With a smile on her face, Katrina quickly made her way over to Hank. Kissing his lips quickly, she took Noah who had earmuffs on. The moment he was in his mother's arms, he rested his head against her shoulder, his eyes closed so Hank took the blanket and covered him so all you could see was some of his hair. “I have to go over for an interview,” Katrina smiled. “I'm so glad that you're here, Hank. And I know Marc is waiting, but I love you for being here for me.”

“I'll always be here for you Kitty,” Hank told her as he kissed her again. “Always.”

With another short kiss, Katrina walked towards where Abby had walked away from. With a smile, Katina looked at the reporter as she started to ask her questions about the game.

“How does it feel to come out here for your first game back since leaving to have your son and score the game winning goal against a team that last season your team couldn't seem to win against on home turf?”

“It feels amazing. My return had been up for discussion for awhile and it wasn't a for sure thing that I'd play tonight, but being able to score that goal and help the team was amazing. It always feels amazing to help this team out. These women are amazing players and I love playing with them.”

“Didn't you once say that New York would never replace Los Angeles?”

“I stand by that. I was born and raised in California and that place will always be a part of me. And New York is a part of me. I met my husband here and I had my first child here. Just because you leave one place doesn't mean the new place will take over your love for it. My love for the two places are very different, but they are both home to me.”

“With your husband being an active hockey player in the NHL, how will you be able to raise a child if you both want to play a part in his life? Will one of you have to give up your job?”

“I don't think we have to give up anything. We knew that having our son wasn't going to be a walk in the park, but so far we have made it work and we aren't taking anything for granted. Each and every day that we are together is a blessing. Our schedules might get hectic, but we know how to make things work.”

“Is there anything you'd change about your life up to this point?”

“Not at all. Everything happens for a reason and I really do believe that. If things were different then maybe it wasn't supposed to happen that way, but I'm happy with my life. I have a great husband and a great son and the best fans in the world. I love how much things have changed in my life. If they hadn't, I might not be standing here today.”

“Thanks for the time Katrina. And good luck for the rest of your season.”

“Thank you.”

Without waiting for the camera to turn off, she walked out of view and to where Marc was standing with Hank. Smiling as she got up to them, Marc pulled her into a hug while being careful towards Noah. “You did amazing,” Marc told her once he let her go. “You should be proud of yourself!”

“I'm glad you guys came,” Katrina told them. “It meant a lot knowing that you were here to support me.”

“We weren't the only ones.” Marc said.

“What do you mean?” Katrina asked.

“Avery came along with Frolov and some of the other Rangers.”

“I don't understand.”

“You are married to Hank and our team is a family. And some of the guys enjoy the sport, but they've seen you do a lot to support Hank and so many of the other guys and they wanted to return the gesture and open up some people's eyes to the sport of soccer.”

“That's amazingly sweet.” Katrina said as Hank placed a kiss on the corner of her mouth before they smiled at one another.

The morning after the game, Katrina woke up early like she normally did. She was watching TV in the living room when she heard Noah starting to wake up so she made her way into the kitchen and made a bottle of milk and some cereal mixed with some kind of fruit. Leaving it on the counter, she made her way into Noah's room. Seeing him standing in his crib, she smiled at him. “Hey baby boy.” Smiling up at her Noah let go of the side his crib and fell down on his diaper padded butt. “Are you hungry?”

Instead of getting up like he normally did, Noah laid down and pulled the blanket over his head. Katrina couldn't help but let out a little laugh at her son's antics. That's when she noticed that he was wearing a different onsie then she had put on him before putting him to bed. She had put a simple white onsie on and now he was wearing a dark blue one with red lettering. Will You Marry Daddy?

“So will you?”

Turning around, Katrina looked at Hank who stood in the doorway of Noah's room. Looking at Hank, she saw him standing in a pair of sweats and his hair all messy. “Hank we are already married.”

“But none of our friends out here got to see it. Marc and Sean. Some of your teammates.”

“What are you saying?” Katrina asked as Noah started whining to let his mother know he wanted to be picked up.

“I've got everything taken care of. We are gonna renew our vows tonight.”

Picking up Noah before looking back at Hank, Katrina didn't know what to say. Settling her son on her hip, she looked into Hank's blue eyes as he waited for an answer. “Hank, I thought we were going to spend tonight here. You and I have both been on the road and I thought you said you wanted time with Noah and me.”

“I can't think of a better night then to have our friends and our son watching us confess our love to one another and prove to all those people who said we wouldn't make it that we aren't leaving one another. Not now, not ever.”

Looking at Hank, she knew that he wanted this and she knew that she did too. Walking towards him, she leaned up and gave him a sweet kiss. “Okay, but nothing big, right?”

“Nothing big.” Hank promised.

“Okay,” Katrina said walking out of Noah's bedroom. “But right now, this little guy needs some breakfast.”

“Sounds good,” Hank said following her. “Do you want Sean or Marc to hang onto Noah during the ceremony?”

“You know he's gonna want to go with Marc because Marc spoils him.”

“Just thought I'd ask.” Hank said.

“Hank...” Katrina started as she put Noah into his high chair and handed him the milk so she could talk to Hank. “Why do you want me?”

“Kitty....”

“Please just humor me.”

“Because you are the one woman that I can't live my life without. I love you more than I thought I could when I first met you. I just thought you would be someone to make me forget about Caitlin, but you ended up being more than that. My heart knew that you were the one for me and I want everyone to know that you are it for me. I love you, Kitty.”

Wrapping her arms around his waist, Katrina smiled up at him. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.”

That night, Hank was true to his word. Everything was planned out. He had even picked out Noah's little tux and her simple white dress. As soon as he parked the SUV, Katrina got out and took Noah out of his car seat and held him inside her coat so he wouldn't get cold. Following Hank into the hotel, she smiled seeing Abby there and Marc.

“So time to get married?” Abby asked.

“For the second time?” Katrina asked with a slight laugh.

“Let me ask you something before you both do this, again,” Marc said as Katrina let him take Noah out of her arms. “How did you know that you are right for one another?”

“Kitty, how did you know I was right for you?” Hank asked, looking at her.

“Your eyes tell me what I need to know,” Katrina said with a smile. “And your eyes tell me that you love me and I love you. You and Noah are my world.”

Hank wrapped his arms around her and gave her a kiss. As she made a move to break the kiss, he wouldn't let her. For as long as he lived, he wouldn't let her go. She was his everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's the final chapter.

I wanted to thank you all for sticking with this story for so long. So for a final chapter, how about some comments? It would mean a lot to me.

And once again, thank you all!!!