Status: Complete.

Give Love a Try

Chapter One

Nates POV.

“I can’t even stand fucking looking at you anymore!”

“Then don’t fucking look at me! Get the fuck out of here! Leave if you want to! I don’t give a damn about you anymore!

“Maybe I will!

“Fine!”

“Fine!”

Both of us stood there steaming; breathing heavily from the heated argument from seconds previous. We were staring at each other, trying to stare the other down. There was no way I would let him win this. This time he had gone way to fucking far! I took a deep breath and exhaled heavily. He did the same. We both broke eye contact at the same time and looked at our feet. My chuck Taylors were scuffed from the walk to the cabin; his Macbeths were the same.

“Maybe it would be better if I just left,” his voice broke the silence. My eyes snapped up to look at him, tense. I then relaxed and shrugged.

“Maybe.” I sighed again.

“You really wouldn’t care if I just packed my stuff and left would you?” he looked up, shooting me daggers, both in my eyes and through my heart.

“I don’t know,” I answered truthfully. I really didn’t know. I hated the arguments we got into, but I couldn’t stand being away from him.

“Fine,” he said, kneeling down and grabbing his suitcase from under his bed at the far end of the cabin.

“You’re not seriously leaving are you?”

“You don’t want me here.”

“That doesn’t mean you should leave. We’ve only got a week left of camp. You shouldn’t leave just because you hate me.”

“I don’t hate you,” he answered standing up. “I can’t stand these stupid fights!”

“You start them. You always do something really stupid that ticks me off!” I raised my voice.

“Me?” he looked at me incredulously.

“Yes! You!” I answered.

“Are you kidding? I start them? Bull! You’re always the one trying to show me up! You think you’re better at me then everything. You always follow me around, try to sit next me.” He took a step towards me. “You always want me to yourself and the only time that happens is when we fight! You hate that you can’t have me to yourself! It’s like you’re in love with me or something.”

With that, I swung my fist and punched him across the face. He staggered back slightly, hand where my fist had connect with his cheek. He looked shocked for a second, before lunging towards with and punching my in the nose.

“YOU BASTARD!” I shouted, grasping my nose. I threw myself at him, tackling him to the ground. We wrestled. I slammed the back of his head into the floorboards of the cabin; he bit me on the hand closest to his face. He put his hands around my throat and rolled us over so he was on top of me. Hands around each other’s throats we stopped and gazed at each other.

“Shane?”

“Nate?”

He then swooped down and kissed me on the mouth. Releasing his hands from my throat, he positioned them beside my head, supporting himself above me. I let go of his throat also, letting my hands drop to the floor. I kissed him back for a split second before he pulled away. He looked at me with scared eyes.

“I'm.... I'm sorry,” he said quickly. He then got up quickly and took off out the cabin door.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was originally a story about a girl named Katie.
But, i decided to go in a different direction.
Don't hate me. =)