Status: Complete.

Give Love a Try

Chapter Twenty Four

Nate’s POV

Did Shane Grey just kiss me? I replayed the last couple of seconds in my head. Yes, he had kissed me. Why the hell did he kiss me? I was still lying on the floor. I was shocked; paralyzed with shock. I sat up. I touched my lips with my hand. They were still moist from Shane kissing me. I tried to catch my breath. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. What the hell was that? Why’d I have a go at him for the song? He sang it so much better than I did. His voice was amazing tonight. I scratched my head, before getting up and following Shane. I had to talk to him.

The next day.

I didn’t end up finding Shane. I had fallen asleep really late and was in no fit state to be conscious. I stayed in bed all day, feeling sorry for myself. Jason came in and out, trying to convince me to try again to find him. I always shrugged it off. I couldn’t find the strength.

So, this is what depression felt like. I hadn’t felt like this for a long time. The last time was when my dad had died. This was absolutely nothing like that, but I felt the same. It was a loss; a completely and utter loss. It was painful, but him apologizing to me for kissing me was stupid. But, I was stupid for not stopping him when he got up and walked out the cabin. I should have gone after him. I should have followed him, grabbed him by the arm and spun him around to stop him.

I should have confessed my completely undying love for him and kissed him passionately where he stood. I really had fallen hard for Shane, and I'm a moron for not admitting it sooner. It would’ve stopped a lot of the absolutely bullshit of the last two months. I curled up again, and hoped for sleep.

When I woke up again, it was late. I could tell because it was dark outside.

“Nate, are you awake?” Jason’s voice made me sit up. “Yes, I am. Why?”

Jason got up from where he was sitting on his bed and walked over to sit next to me on my bed. It was raining lightly outside, echoing slightly off the roof of the cabin.

“You need to read this, Nate,” He told me, giving me a piece of paper with Nate scribbled on it.

“What is this?” I asked Jason.
“It’s from Shane,” Jason looked at me thoughtfully. I got worried. What could be in this letter that could upset Jason? I chewed my lip nervously. I unfolded the note and read.