Status: Complete.

Give Love a Try

Chapter Three

Nates POV

When Jason and I arrived at Cabin 6 there was already a suitcase on the bed against the far wall. I cocked my eyebrow at it. I wondered over to the bed with the suitcase and found a note placed on the top of the case. I picked it up and read it aloud to Jason.

Touch my stuff and you'll have no stuff.

Jason laughed at the nonexistent humour of the note. I walked over to the bed beside the one with the suitcase and dropped my case at the end of the bed. Jason did the same with the bed on the other side of the room. He flopped down heavily onto the bed making it creak slightly.

“I'm assuming that belongs to Shane,” I said to Jason.

“You assume correctly.” A voice came from the doorway.

I jumped at the voice and Jason sat up. Shane was leaning against the door frame, his head cocked to the side, smirking at me.

“What’s up, roomie!?” Jason said, bounding from his side of the room and shaking Shanes hand quickly. “I'm Jason!” I could see his grin from where I was standing. The look Shane gave Jason was priceless.

“I'm Shane,” Shane told Jason, with less enthusiasm. He then looked at me expectantly.

“Natha..Nate,” I smiled, walking towards him.

“Cool,” Shane nodded. “You guys first years too?”

“Nope,” I shook my head.

“Yep!” Jason nodded like an over excited kindergartner.

“How’d you know where the hall was earlier?” I queried, confused.

“Older brother,” Jason grinned. “We toured here before my dad signed me up.”

“Okay,” Shane shrugged. “We have a meeting down near the lake. So, we better head down there.”

The three of us wandered down to the lake where the rest of the campers were assembled. The head counsellor type person, Dee La Duke explained classes, meal times, sport time and free time. She also told us that our first “jam” was in 2 week, at the next camp fire. She dismissed us for the night, telling us we could do anything we wanted. I knew where I was heading; straight back to the cabin to start practicing for the jam.
As we started walking back to our cabin, Jason interrupted out silence and asked what we were going to do.

“Probably head back to the cabin; start working on a song for the jam,” I answered honestly.

“I'm going to go find something to eat,” Jason shrugged, and then laughed. “I love to eat.”

“I'm heading to the lake for a swim,” Shane told us.

“Okay,” I said, shuffling my feet awkwardly and hopefully subtly.

“See you guys later,” Shane said, heading to the lake.

I sighed and walked up to the cabin. I pulled out Barbara, one of my acoustics, and started strumming mindlessly.