Status: Complete.

Give Love a Try

Chapter Five

Nates POV

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Everything?" I smirked at him and he broke eye contact with me and fiddled with the end of his towel.

"Okay," he said not moving.

"Alright, i'll start," I told him. "Im Nate, or Nathanial James White. I'm 16, but ill be 17 before the end of the summer. I like that I don't see my mum on my birthday it gives me a sense of freedom. Anyway, um, im an only child and I live with my mum because my dad left us when I was a baby. Mum does a have boyfriend but I don't see him very often. Im originally from New Jersey but moved to California when I was 10 and I've lived there ever since. This is my second year in Camp Rock and to be honest I wouldn't rather be anywhere else over the summer. Im kind of an introvert so I don't have many friends back in Cali." I stopped to take a breath and tooked up to find Shane watching me. I smiled to myself and continued, remembering not to let on about the singing thing.
"I play guitar, if you didn't gather from the two acoustics beside my bed. I write music and lyrics. Its kind of like a solace. Writing keeps me grounded and, yeah. That's about it really. That's Nate." I looked up again and Shane had stopped watching me. He was looking straight ahead.

"Shane?" I waved a hand in front of is face. His head snapped round to look at me again.

"Oh, sorry," he apologised. "Im listening. I am. I promise."

"Well, its your turn now," I slapped him on the back lightly. "What's the dirt on Shane Grey?"

"I wouldn't exactly call it dirt. But anyway. Um. Where do I start?" He looked confused.

"Well, start with your name, age and why you're here. Like those people who go to AA meetings," I laughed.

"Well, I'm Shane Sebastien Grey. Gay name, I know. I'm 17. I turned 17 just before camp. I mean, I literally had cake and ice cream while I was packing. I live with my mum, dad and younger brother and sister, Jack and Nicole. We're from New Jersey too. We just still live there. This is my first year and whether or not its awesome will determine if I come back next year. I'm kind of the reverse of you. I'm an extrovert. I have heaps of friends back in New Jersey. But I wanted to escape that place, which is why I'm here. Its an escape. I play guitar too, and I sing. Plus, I play a mean tambourine. I try to write songs, but im not very good. So yeah, that's everything I guess," Shane shrugged and looked up at me. I smiled at him.

"Cool," I said to him. "I guess now we just have to get the dirt on Jason." I rubbed my hands together deviously. Then I shivered. I hadn't noticed it was getting dark.

"Here," Shanes voice told me, as he draped his towel around my shoulders.

"Thanks," I blushed. "Want to head back?"

"Yeah," he agreed. "I'm getting eaten alive out here." He swatted a mosqito off his arm.

"Lets go," I stood up. "Showers?"

"Good idea," Shane stood up too and we headed for the showers.

After we showered briefly we wandered back to the cabin and I chucked on a pair of boxers quickly and dove into bed. I watched Shane out of the corner of my eye do the same. Jason snored loudly on the other side of the cabin. I laughed to myseld.

"Night Nate," Shanes voice whispered from his bed.

"Night Shane," I replied before curling up and closing my eyes.