Status: Complete.

Give Love a Try

Chapter Six

Nate’s POV
Over the next week, Shane, Jason and I didn’t talk much. We were in different classes; we had different lunch periods and didn’t spend time together in free time. The only time we saw each other was just before lights out. I was starting to miss them. I sat down on my head heavily and picked up Barbara. She had become my best friend, which is sad because she’s a guitar. I started strumming along to my song, Turn Right. I had decided to just play and not sing it. I wasn’t ready to do that. I hummed along to the tune.

“Hey Nate,” Shanes voice filled the cabin. “Is that your song for the Campfire jam?”

“Yeah,” I nodded to him.

“Can I hear it?” he asked, sitting down on his bed, across from mine where I was sitting.

“Nope,” I grinned at him. “You have to wait like everyone else.”

“Well,” he pouted. “What’s it called?”

“Turn Right,” I told him. “But that’s all you’re getting from me!”

He frowned at me before shrugging slightly.

“Mine’s about you!” Shanes face beamed at me. I was confused.

“How do you mean?”

“It’s called underdog; which is kind of what you are in this camp. I mean, everyone sings and plays the guitar. You just play the guitar. It isn’t impressive,” he shrugged again.

“Are you kidding me?” I glared at him angrily.

“No,” he responded. “Why would I be kidding?”

“How dare you consider me the underdog!? You have no idea what I'm capable of! You can’t just jump to conclusions that playing guitar is all that I do!” I was fuming. How dare he?!

“Hey man! It’s my opinion. It’s from my stand point,” he defended.

“When your “opinion” is wrong, clearly,” I used air quotes to emphasise the word opinion.

“How can an opinion be wrong?” Shane stood up. I followed suit. I never realised that Shane was nearly a head taller than me.

“When the asshole who it belongs to doesn’t know when to keep his mouth shut!” I shouted at him.

“Oh yeah! Oh yeah!” Shane yelled back at me. “Well, let’s see who’s better at the jam then! Me, or your precious little “Turn Right.” He mocked me with his air quotes.

“Oh trust me,” I prodded him in the chest with my pointed finger. “You have no idea what’s coming to you! I’ll prove I'm no fucking underdog!” I stormed out, hoping my threat held up.

“Asshole,” I muttered under my breath, slamming the cabin door in the process.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the swearing.
Nate's obviously annoyed.