Status: First Story In writers block... helpppp!

The Unwanted Bird Sings

Realizing

Jacob's POV

Paul's anger at me soon seemed to be nothing but thin air because the moment he looked down at Tasha his attention was turned to her. It pissed me off I was suppose to be the one comforting her when she was upset, keeping everyone else at a distance to make sure that she was OK and that nothing bad was going to happen. I glared at Paul as I picked myself up from the ground, and stared down the two of them together.

He was holding hand, when I should have cradled her hand in mine.
Wiping the tears off her face and drying her cheeks, when I should have been wiping them away.
Telling her sweet little words of comfort, when I should have been whispering them to her.

The things Paul was doing with her should have been me, it was never suppose to be him.

Walking off in anger I stormed out of the grocery store and I phased the moment I hit the edge of the forest. Clothes tearing and me forgetting all my human attachments at that moment. Letting me instincts kick in and take over. I was running and running not even thinking really about anything except Tasha's face and how she had a freckle in her eyebrow or that when she smiles you can see the tooth that's missing on her bottom jaw. Just the contours of her face and how she seemed to make everything light up when she smiled. I was snapped back into humanity when I saw Quil and Embry standing in front of me. I stopped before I plowed over them and shifted back. Embry tossed me a pair of shorts since I destroyed mine while I was running and losing my mind.

" Jacob we need to talk" Embry started the conversation.

I nodded and looked at them waiting for them to tell me what they wanted to say.

" Dude we understand that your trying to get back with Tasha and all but for right now you really need to take the back seat in this. Going the way you are isn't going to change anything its only going to make it worse. Sam tried telling you this and your really not listening man and you need to or Tasha's going to be too scared to even come out of the house anymore. Paul told us what happened from his side, and he's ready to rip your head clean off" Embry explained. Him talking just got my temper even high. This was NOT what I wanted to hear from my best friends especially about my imprint or Paul for that matter.
"I'd like to see Paul try, he's only going to get his ass kicked and be ripped to shreds"
" And how do you think Tasha's gonna feel or what's she's gonna think about you if you do that?" Quil finally came into this conversation.
I looked over at him and his words sunk in more that anyone else. What would Tasha think?

What was she thinking right now? I didn't even consider how she was feeling in any of this. I was to hell bent on trying to make her mine again I didn't even think about her in this. How scared she must be I can only imagine just from the look in her eyes. She didn't want to be anywhere near me. Everything just dawned upon me. All my mistakes, every bad thing that I've done. It was all towards her, she was the one who got hurt. I remembered back to the time when she was all banged up, the memories from the others of when she was bed ridden and bruised all over. Bandages covering the most severe injuries while casts held her bones in place from where they had been snapped.

I stopped looking for her.
I wasn't the one to find her.
I broke her till there was nothing left.

Everything that caused her fear was because of me