Heart on Restart

One

Living on your own is never perfect, even with the perks. There’s always the stressful moments of making the current month’s rent, or buying your groceries for the week; making ends meet. When your seven months pregnant, living by yourself isn’t the easiest thing. Not wanting any help from her friends or Maria, Krista managed to get herself a part time job at a café in the busy city of Los Angeles. From the beginning of her shift to the end, she stayed on her feet to make sure every customer was happy and always had what they needed. Of course, none of her friends approved of her new, busy working lifestyle. Riah constantly told Krista to rest and take it easy, with the due date approaching at a rapid pace. Krista being Krista, followed her own mind and did as she pleased.

“And curl this…” Krista mumbled to herself and pulled the ribbon along the blade of the knife to the end, making a curl.

She smiled to herself and set her knife down, then set the gift bag aside. Krista placed one hand against her nine-month pregnant stomach, where Emily kicked over and over. “Easy, Em.”

It was December twenty-forth, Christmas Eve and Emily was already excited. Krista stood up from the couch and took the gift bag over to the front door and set it on the floor when a knock sounded from the other side. Krista clicked her tongue and pulled open the door, smiling when she saw Riah standing on the ‘Welcome’ mat.

“I feel so fat…” Riah pouted and shut the door behind herself.

“And why is that?” Krista asked.

“Look at this!” Riah lifted up her shirt to show Krista her two month pregnant belly.

Krista looked at her with a raised eyebrow, then scoffed, “bite me. When you’re my size THEN I will listen to you complain.”

“And I told Brian to take out his dick faster…” Riah pouted as she saw all the gift bags.

“Well, he left something behind.” Krista laughed. “Alright, I think I have everyone’s gifts.” She said with a proud smile. “Everyone has a present form Emily and I.” Riah smiled and looked at her watch as she took the candy cane out of her mouth.

“Well, we might want to head out.” Riah said as she took some of the gifts in her arms. “Brian said everyone is there.”

Krista nodded and grabbed her hospital bag just in case Emily decided that she wanted to make everyone’s Christmas. Walking outside with Riah, the cool wind blew. People were running across the street trying to get their last minute Christmas shopping done before the shops closed for the night. Looking up at the sky, Krista smiled at the clouds, for there were many shades of pink and orange; it was Krista’s favorite time of day.

“You have your camera right?” Riah asked as she unlocked the car and got in, followed by Kris.

“Yes. It’s in my hospital bag, so there is no need to worry.” She told her friend as they both buckled up and the short trip to Brian’s house.

As soon as they got there Johnny ran out of the house and smiled brightly. “Merry fucking Christmas!” Riah rolled her eyes and popped the trunk gathering all the gifts that Kris had brought with her. “Hey want some help with those?” He asked as he walked down the stairs.

“No. But you can help the pregnant woman get out of the car.” Riah told him. He nodded and made his way over to the passenger side of the car and held out his hand for Krista.

“I’ll help you Kris.” He smiled and helped her out of the car. “Are you nervous?”

“Nervous?”

“Well, because the due date is what supposed to be tonight or tomorrow?”

She smiled. “I know. I’m not nervous. I’m excited. I’ll finally be able to hold her.”

Johnny laughed. “Then we will get to be able to spoil her rotten.” He said as he opened to door for her.

The house was decorated from top to bottom with lights that sparkled. Silver garland hung from the ceiling in loose ‘u’ shapes, each point accented with a violet bow. Blue and purple lights lined the railing of the staircase, bits of tinsel hanging about. The Christmas tree almost touched the ceiling with a shiny, silver star on top. Clear, purple and blue lights circled around the branches with tinsel hanging from the needles. Silver, blue and purple ornaments hung from almost every branch, shimmering like diamonds at just the right angle.

Johnny and Krista walked through the front door, being greeted by the sound of people talking from the living room. “Look who finally showed up!” Johnny yelled over all the commotion.

McKenna ran out from the living room and smiled at Kris and Riah. “Hi Krista! When is the baby due?” She asked.

“Any time. I just hope it’s after all the festivities.” She said with a smile as she hugged McKenna. “Do you want to feel her kick?”

“Can I?” She asked.

“Go ahead.” Krista smiled. McKenna smiled and walked a little closer placing her hand on Krista’s belly, jumping a little as she felt Emily kick. “She likes you McKenna.” Krista told her with a warm smile. Brian then walked out of the kitchen and smiled seeing his sister with her hand on Krista’s tummy.

“And what do you two ladies think you are doing?” Brian asked as he ruffled his sisters hair.

“Hey! Do NOT mess up my hair. Do you know how long it took Mom to get it just right?” McKenna told him.

“Sorry. Sheesh there is no need to bite my head off.” He told her. Krista laughed and then walked into the living room, taking a seat next Matt and his guest.

“And this lovely lady is Krista.” Matt told the woman sitting to his left. She smiled her bright smile and waved as she took another small sip of her sparkling cider.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Val but you can call me Val.”

Krista waved and smiled. “Nice too meet you too.” She said as she placed her hand on her tummy. Emily was really getting excited, it was almost like she knew that everyone she loved was in the room. Matt smiled and took a drink of his beer.

“She knows it’s Christmas?”

“I think so. But I think it’s mostly because she is supposed to be due tomorrow.”

Val smiled brightly. “Aw. Congratulations! What’s her name?”

“Emily Lynn.”

“That’s a nice name.”

“Thank you. I thought so too.” She laughed. Then she stood up and stretched then she felt someone wrap their arms around her tummy.

“I love me some pregnant belly.” Johnny smiled and looked up at Krista. “Hi.”

A laugh escaped her lips and she looked down at Johnny. “Can I help you Johnny?”

“No. Not really. I was just bonding so that Emily knows that I am the best uncle in the entire world.” he smiled.

“Oh hell no.” Riah stated as she tapped Johnny’s shoulder.

“Can I help you?” He asked.

“We don’t play that game here.” She told him.

“What game?”

“You coming up and trying to steal my baby that’s what.” Riah told him.

“Um. You have your own baby. See?” He poked her tummy. “That is your baby duh.”

She smacked his hand away. “No. That’s Brian’s baby. That baby.” She pointed to Krista’s tummy. “That is MY baby. Zack just…donated the sperm to help us finally make our love child.” Riah laughed and so did Krista.

“Alright girls.” Suzy smiled. “lets all enjoy gifts now before McKenna and Papa Gates start shaking all the gifts and breaking them.”

“It’s a bonding experience with my girl.” Papa Gates said with a smile as he stood up and took a seat next to his wife. “But I do have to agree. I think it is time for gifts.” Everyone agreed and gathered around the Christmas tree; Jimmy smiled and took off his Santa hat and placed it on McKenna’s head. She took off the hat and looked at him.

“Why did you put it on my head?” She asked.

“Because.” he smiled. “You and Johnny are the shortest. So. That makes you and Johnny Santa’s helpers.” he told her as he took a drink of his beer. McKenna looked at her Dad and then her brother.

“Fine. But I’m not wearing the hat, Johnny has to wear it.” She smiled and placed it on his head.

“I make Santa look good.” Johnny smiled and handed McKenna some gifts to pass out to everyone. Hours had passed and everyone was enjoying their gifts, Krista was in the kitchen with Val and Riah helping get the food prepared. Handing Kris the plates Riah began to check the food in the oven.

“Can you set the table?” Riah asked.

Kris rolled her eyes. “Do I have to do everything for you? I’m the one that is about to pop any minute.” She laughed as she walked into the dining room and started to set the table, she walked over to where Brian’s father sat setting down his plate she then stood up straight and looked at her feet. With a sigh she said, “Great. Hey guys?”

“OW! That hurt you ass!” Screamed Johnny.

“Guys?”

“Shut up you big baby. It was a tap. I could really hit you if you want me to.” jimmy said with a smile.

“Guys? A little help?” She sighed, sitting down with her chin in her palm.

“You both are a pain in my ass you know that?” Brian Sr. said as he gathered empty bottles and made his way to the kitchen. Seeing Kris sitting down looking very bored he blinked. “You okay kiddo?”

“Oh. I’m fine how are you?” She asked.

“Great.” He said as he set the bottles down. Kris let out another breath and looked at him again. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“I’m fine. Do I look like I’m not fine?”

“No. I was just wondering because you look a little flushed. That’s all.” He said as he turned and started to walked out then stepped in a puddle. “Uh, Kris?”

“Yes?”

“Did you spill something?”

“Oh, um yeah. It was just my amniotic sack.” She told him calmly.

“Oh, okay. Thought it was something big.” He said as he left the room joining the rest of the family. Taking his seat watching everyone enjoy their gifts, watching his Brian play his new guitar that was a gift from McKenna and Riah. It then dawned on him. “Wait, what?” He said as he sat up straight looking over in the direction to where Krista was standing with her bag.

“What’s up pop?” Brian asked looking up seeing Krista with her bag. “Where are you going? I thought you were going to stay for dinner?”

“I was, but then I popped. So, if you excuse me, I’m going to go to the hospital.” Krista told him as she made her way to the door. It was silent in the room and then Brian stood up.

“Everyone chill the fuck out!” He told everyone who was still silent. “I got this…”

“Well you apparently don’t, sport. Because she is starting the car.” Brian Sr. told him as he stoop up helping his wife with her jacket. Riah ran out of the kitchen and looked at Brian.

“Well go stop her! I’ll get your wallet and shit.” She told him. He only nodded and ran outside grabbing the car door before Kris has the chance to close it.

“Can I help you?” She asked.

“Um, yeah get the hell out of the drivers seat, I’m driving you to the hospital.”

“Oh no, don’t worry yourself. I’ve got a pretty good handle of this.” She told him as she tried to close the door only to fail.

“I said I fucking got this alright? Chill out.”

She raised her eye brow at him. “Excuse me?”
“I mean…please get out of the car and let me take you to the hospital.”

She sighed and got out of the car, moving to the passenger side of the car. “Alright fine, you win.” Brian did the same, his dad knocked on the car window.

“What do you want? Don’t you see that I have a pregnant woman in my car?”

“I was making sure that everything was alright.” He told him.

Krista leaned over Brian. “I’m fine. He insisted on driving me to the hospital.” She told him.

“I heard him yell at you.”

Brian sighed. “I didn’t yell. I only raised my voice.”

“Normal people would call that yelling.”

Brian pointed to Riah behind his dad. “If I was a normal person would I be engaged to her?”

Throwing her head back she laughed covering her mouth as she snorted. “That’s funny!”

Riah pouted and crossed her arms over her chest and glared. “That’s fucked up.”

“OH, fuck!”

Johnny blinked and covered his mouth. “Ooh, you swore. Bad mommy!” Everyone quickly turned their heads and glared at him. “What? Did I say something wrong?”

“Sorry babe.” He told her.

“Okay she forgives you! Now get me to hospital now! I really don’t want to have to explain to Emily that she was born in Uncle Gates’s car.” Krista said as she gripped to ‘Oh shit’ handle of his car.

“OW! Go, Brian!” And he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all!

Well here it is the sequel! I just want to say thank you to Krista- Snaps for helping me out a lot with this chapter. I mean she really helped me out a lot. Oh ya, just in case some of you guys are wondering this is what Krista is wearing at Brian's Christmas party.

Krista Christmas