Heart on Restart

Four

The day finally came to take Emily home, but just like Riah she insisted that Krista and little baby Emily come stay with her and Brian at their home. She wants to make sure that someone is there for the first few days incase Krista needed to take a short nap. Of course Brian didn't complain, he was rather anxious for Krista to be released from the hospital and a little bit nervous at the same time.

"I think Brian misses you being out of the house." Riah said as she strapped in the baby seat.

"Why would you say that?" Krista asked as she touched Emily's cheek gently, "Make sure that it's secure." she told her friend.

Riah looked over her shoulder and scoffed, "Do you really think that I would put my own child's life in danger?" Riah asked, "No, I don't think so." She said as she went back to check over the straps one more time.

The nurse that was standing behind Krista's wheel chair and leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"Is she always like that?"

"Um ya, you don't happen to have a psychiatric ward here, do you?" Krista whispered in return.

"Actually yes, I could get you the forms if you like." Krista only laughed and smiled at Alyson.

"I will have to take it up with her fiancée first, but I will be sure to keep that in mind." She told Alyson, as she watched Alyson walk over to check on Riah's work.

"Your friend did a wonderful job securing the seat," Alyson smiled brightly as she helped Krista out of the wheel chair and securing Emily in the car seat, "You drive safe now, you have a little one in the car with you now." Alyson said as she kissed her finger and placed it on the infants button nose, "Be good for your mommy little one." She smiled.
Riah saluted and smiled brightly, "Don't worry I'm a safe driver unlike someone we know," Riah coughed a name, "Johnny." That caused Krista to laugh and she got in the car next to Emily and touched the soft pink blanket of her daughter.

Once Riah got in the car and closed the door and waved at Alyson as she backed out of the parking space making her way back home. Looking at Krista in the rear view mirror she smiled and rolled up her window the rest of the way.

"How is she doing mama?" Riah asked.

Krista smiled and kissed Emily's small button nose. "She's asleep right now and I really hope she gets Zacky's hair."

"Nope," Riah said as she turned the corner, "She is going have your hair."

Krista hit the back of the her seat. "Shut yo' mouth. I would never wish this on anyone especially my own child."

Riah laughed and then pulled into the drive way seeing the pink and white balloons and streamers decorating the front of Brian's house. Once getting Emily out of the car Krista smiled and Riah grabbed the diaper bag and slug it over her shoulder. Also grabbing the box that the hospital had sent home with the new mommy.
"Aw this is so cute, it's all babyfied." Riah smiled.

"Hey it's about time you two and a half got here," Johnny said standing on the front porch. Krista smiled softly and switched the car seat to the other arm.

"It's nice to see you too Johnny," she smiled giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Johnny blushed brightly and took the box from Riah's arms. "Just to warn you guys. it looks like Pepto-Bismol threw up all over Brian's house."

"Hey!" Riah hit his arm.

"Hey!" Johnny pointed to Emily in the car seat, "No violence in the presence of the little Vengeance baby."

Krista smiled and walked into the house with Johnny and Riah close at her heels, looking around Brian's house her jaw dropped at the site of all baby girl things. Above the entry way the three of them were greeted by a welcome home sign that read "Welcome Home Love Bug", along the stair case was decorated with more pink and white streamers hung elegantly from the stairwell; as well they hung from the ceiling. Johnny lead them into the living room Krista's smile grew wider as she saw the pink and white Gruber daisy sitting on the coffee table, sitting among the various baby items on the table were a plate of cupcakes with pink and white frosting.

"You weren't kidding when you said Pepto-Bismol vomited all over the place." Krista said taking a on the couch next to Emily.

Riah pouted, "Hey, I worked really hard on those decorations...well Brian did most of the work. But Anyway, I'm going to go tell Brian we are here." With that said she walked off, leaving Johnny who was now sitting next to her.

He watched as Krista gently removed the sleeping infant from the car seat and held her in her arms, kissing her head softly. Johnny's gaze was locked on the sleeping infant in his friends arms he scooted closer to Krista.

"Can I help you Johnny?" She asked him.

"She's so small..." Johnny said.

"She's a baby Johnny, she's supposed to be small."

"I know, but I didn't think that she would be that small."

Krista giggled and nodded, "Do you want to hold her?" She asked.

Johnny nodded quickly and stood up, "Do I need to wash my hands?"

Nodding Johnny quickly moved to the other side of the couch only tripping over the strap of the diaper bag. Krista turned her head looking over the back of the couch.

"Johnny? Are you okay?"

He stood up and dusted himself off acting like it was totally done on purpose. "I'm cool I totally fell on purpose."

Krista laughed and rolled her eyes, "Go wash your hands so you can hold her."

With that said Johnny walked off to go sterilize his hands, Krista smiled to herself and kissed her head gently and sighed in content at the amazing small of baby. Brian then walked behind her rubbing her back softly before he took the empty seat next to her.

"Hey there beautiful." He smiled.

"Hey to you too," She said softly.

"She is asleep huh?"

"Yes, she's been asleep since we left the hospital."

Nodding Brian held his arms out. "Can I hold her please?"

"Johnny was going to hold her..."

Brian shrugged, "He can wait his turn."

Krista smiled and looked at him, "Did you make sure to wash your hands?"

Brian laughed, "Do you seriously think didn't wash my hands?" He held them up and took a sniff. "Smells like handsoft soap. So can I hold her now?"

She laughed and nodded placing Emily in Brian's arms. "Mind her head."

Brian nodded and smiled down at the now wide awake Emily, her light blue eyes looking into his. "Holly crap she is so small," He cradled her close to his chest, "I'm afraid I am going to break her or something."

Krista shock her head, "Your doing perfectly fine Brian there is no need for you to freak out."

He only shrugged, "This is a new thing that's all." Turning his head when he felt Riah place a kiss to his cheek.

"It's something that you are going to have to get used to baby." Riah smiled as she took a seat on the other side of Krista her hand resting on her tummy.

"Yep, and you have five more months to practice before you have a baby of your own." Krista said with a smile as she patted Riah's tummy.

"Oh hell no." Johnny said from behind the three of them, "What the hell is this?"

"Hey!" Riah turned around pointing her finger at Johnny, "Watch your language around my baby got it?"

Johnny glared at Brian, "He stole das baby."

There then came a knock at the front door and Zacky entered the living room, carrying a bouquet of pink Gerber daises, pink carnations, white alstroemeria, oriental lilies, and star gazer lilies. With a small pink teddy bear, that says 'It's a girl,".

"Zack. Tell Brian to let me hold Emi." Johnny said glaring at the back of Brian's head.

"How about instead of you holding her I get to hold her? Sound fair? Since you know she is MY kid." Zacky said setting the flowers down. Brian laughed and stood up slowly, Riah and Krista both smiled watching how cautious he moved while holding little Emily. Riah had to admit that she loved seeing this side of Brian, it was new to her.

Leaning in close to Riah Krista smiled and whispered in her best friends ear.

"He's going to a good daddy." She smiled.

Brian then placed Emily in Zack's arms and ran his hand through his hair, letting out a sigh he looked over his shoulder at Riah and smiled. Riah got up from the couch and wrapped her arms around his middle and kissed his cheek.

"You are going to be a great Daddy Bri." Riah smiled up at him.

"You think so?"

"I know you will." Riah said as she laced Brian's fingers with hers and walked outside to be with the other party guests, Johnny following behind them glaring at Brian still.

"You suck Brian." Johnny said quietly.

Once Krista heard the three of them leave the room she watched as Zacky held Emily close to him, he touched her nose softly. He leaned his head down and kissed her cheek softly, smiling as he saw her eyes open. "Hello princess." He said softly.

"She wake up?" Krista asked trying to break the silence. Zacky nodded and looked at Krista with a smile on his face.

"She did, so is it true that you are going to be staying here for a few days?" Zack asked her.

Nodding Krista blew her hair from her face. "Brian and Riah insisted that I stay here."

"Why didn't you say no?"

"This is Riah were are dealing with. She wanted to be there for me in case arose that I needed a nap or something. But I have a feeling that Brian will be helping more than Riah will any way."

Zack looked at Krista with a raised brow. "And why do you think that?"

"He wants to prove to himself that he will be able to be there for the baby when the time comes." Krista said shrugging, "But in all honesty I think he will do just fine. It comes naturally."

Zack nodded and got up walking over to where she sat he took a seat closer to her. "Your right, it does you know kind of come naturally with the territory."

A few minutes had passed Krista and Zacky were both talking mostly about Emily and who she was going to look like when she got older. When Jimmy walked in seeing Krista and Zacky together; he knew that Zack still loved Kris. But so did he, he loved her just as much as Zack.

"Hey you two, what's up?" Jimmy asked taking a seat on the other side of Krista, his gaze meeting Zack's for a short minute.

Zacky glared slightly as he saw Jimmy's hand brush against Krista's reaching to touch Emi.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh...my...god..
I totally updated this story!
Haha.
Happy be-lated holidays to all my readers. Sorry for how long it took my to get this update out. I was kind in a rut with story. But any way. I hope you like it.