‹ Prequel: Acknowledgements
Sequel: Requirements

Enlightenments

The Plan all Along

Murtagh looks at Kikyo

"I am sorry, Kikyo. now we are both under his control." Murtagh says under his breath. Kikyo walks up to him, and Morzan looks at both of them.

"Well, with two dragon riders, we should be increasingly stronger. Don't you think so, Galbatorix?" Morzan says in a happy voice.

"You have done well. Now, all that is left is to destroy the Varden. Both of them should be able to do so easily. They should be dispatched immediately." Galbatorix says, looking intently at the two of them.

"I will send them out as soon as I can." Morzan says, bowing his head.

"There is one problem with your plan." Murtagh says in a neutral voice.

"What is that?" Both Morzan and Galbatorix demand as they look at Murtagh.

"The fact that Kikyo's dragon is not here." Murtagh says with a shrug.

"And where would it be?" Morzan demands.

"Back with the elves." Murtagh says, looking at his father with a triumphant grin. Morzan walks up to him, and whispers something in his ear. Murtagh walks away

"Please excuse me, my king." Morzan says, bowing toward Galbatorix.

"You may leave." Galbatorix says with a dismissive wave. Morzan departs from the room, and Kikyo walks up next to Galbatorix.

"It has been a while, father." Kikyo says in a angry voice.

"That is has. So, what did you learn from the elves?" Galbatorix asks, looking at Kikyo with interest.

"I learned how to manipulate energy, and how to store it in Ethgriboetk." Kikyo says in an off handed voice.

"Ethgriboetk?" Galbatorix asks.

"The sword that master Oromis gave me." Kikyo says with a shrug.

"So your trainer was Oromis." Galbatorix says in a thoughtful voice.

"Yes." Kikyo says.

"I am sorry to break in sir, but is there anything you wish for me to do?" Murtagh asks, walking back into the room.

"No, not today, but you and Kikyo will be taking lessons again starting tomorrow." Galbatorix says, not even bothering to look at Murtagh.

"Yes." Murtagh says, bowing before walking out the door, and down the hall. Suddenly, Kikyo runs out of the big doors as well.

"This was your plan all along, was it not?" Kikyo demands, glaring at Murtagh.

"NO!!! It was my father's plan, not mine. In fact, if he did not know my true name, I would not have taken part in it." Murtagh says, shaking his head.

"............"

"But there is nothing that we can do about such things now. You still have your free will, you just can not go against their wishes." Murtagh says, looking directly at Kikyo.

"I am going to need some time to myself." Kikyo says, looking away from Murtagh.

"I understand, but I have one question." Murtagh says.

"What?" Kikyo demands in an irritated voice.

"Are you going to call Darigan here?" Murtagh asks.

"I am not sure." Kikyo says, looking up at the ceiling.

"Well, you better figure it out before you meet my father again." Murtagh says in a sure voice.

"Wait a minute! I could have sworn that you just said that we can not go against their wishes! So, if they tell me to call Darigan, I do not have a choice in the matter. I must call him." Kikyo says, looking at Murtagh with confusion.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter of my sequel to Acknowledgements. If you do not wish to find out what happens in Acknowledgements, DO NOT READ THIS!!
Peace!!
KcA