Crimes Will Be Sloved.

01

I sighed as I put my lab coat on once more, and threw my hair in a ponytail. Pushing through the doors to the morgue, I looked at the lifeless corps that once belonged to a young woman. “Why hello, Miss. Manson, are you ready?” Sid asked watching the body, with a grave expression.

“As ready as I’ll ever be” I replied looking at his wary face. “So what’s the story here?”

“Christian Remer, age twenty-six, she was found in a downtown alley. Christian, here, has suffered from multiple strikes from what seems to be a metal golf club, but that is only going by the indentations. She was struck in the head and neck the most, the rest of her body seems to be covered in less bruising. He replied, motioning to the body, most of all the head.

“Is that what really killed her?” I asked looking her head, knowing that it is possible that she could have died from another cause.

“That’s what you’re going to find out.” Sid answered handing me a pair of gloves and stood back. I rolled my eyes as he chuckled, sighing I picked up my instruments and began my work.

As I cut into the flesh of the young woman, I listened closely for any unusual sounds or fluids that could lead me to some sort of conclusion. As I cut over her stomach I ran into something, I blinked as it popped out of the cut,” Looks like we have some sort of meshing here.” I spoke looking back at Sid who walked forward and peered of my shoulder. I spread the flesh back and pined it down so I could look all around inside. I pulled out the mesh careful not to mess up anything. “The internal bleeding, scarring and bruising would go along with the golf club, but there’s some odd deigns in this mesh.”

“Hmm, it could be used in a surgery she once had.” Sid suggested looking at it, “But I haven’t seen a design like this on a mesh found in an operation.

“Let me see if I can find any old scars that might confirm your theory.” I stated as I pulled and searched the skin of the young woman that lay in front of me. “There’s no prior scarring of the skin.” I spoke as I continued looking for some answers.

“What do we have?” Mac Taylor asked sneaking up on Sid and I.

“Jeez, Mac, don’t do that.” I stated coldly, not pulling away from my task at hand. “Well all we have so far is this mesh, and a possible golf club. So our cause of death is the golf club,” I informed looking between Mac and our vic.

“So we’re looking for a golf club and a mesh?” Mac asked, “Hey, Kate, I need you to do something for me.”

“And that is?” I asked taking off my gloves and throwing them in the trash.

“I need you to make a stop from me, take Lindsay with you.” He answered, walking me out and handing me a piece of paper after I sheded my lab coat. “You’re going to run to the vic’s home to find out what you can find. Okay?”

I nodded and headed off down the hall in search from Lindsay. I walked around corners, in and out of rooms till I finally found her sitting in the lab analyzing evidence. “Anything good?” I asked coming behind her.

“Nope, nothing.” Lindsay replied turning toward me,”What’s up?”

“I’m making a stop, want to come? It’s to the vic’s apartment right across from the alley where we found her.” I replied.

“Sure, I’ll go.” She stated taking off her coat and walking with me out the door and to the car. Shaking my head as we entered the car, “What a way to dump a body,” I stated sarcastically.

“But we didn’t find a blood trail around the area,” Lindsay pointed out as we drove toward our designation.

“Hmm, let’s just go check it out then may around the area as well.” I urged as we came to our stop. I quickly turned off the car and hopped out, grabbing my box of tools in the process. Shutting my door, I walked up to the building Lindsay right behind me. We quickly made our way up the sidewalk and into the building.

Sighing I walked over to the elevator. “Apartment 134 was Christina’s. I stared at the buttons in the elevator before finally pushing level two, where the victim’s apartment resided. As the doors closed I looked around the warm elevator. “So shall we search the hall as well?” I asked as the doors opened once more.

Lindsay nodded as we stepped out. Looking around the hallway we finally managed to come up to come up to Christian’s apartment, but before we got to the door, I saw a metallic object on the floor. Walking toward the object, I put on a glove. “Looks like someone doesn’t know how to dispose of evidence,” I stated, picking up the object.

“Isn’t that a head of a golf club?” Lindsay asked kneeling down next to me. I nodded and twirled it around. “Good thing we looked around in the hall.”

“You can say that again.” I replied putting the object in a bag Lindsay had ready. “That’s most defiantly our murder weapon, it was covered in blood. But, let’s still check the apartment.” I received a nodded in return as we stood and turned to face the door. “Shh, you hear that?” I asked.

“Yes, someone’s in there.” She replied setting down her things and pulling out her gun, as did I. Swallowing, I slowly opened the door. Once open I looked at the strange man that searched the house. “NYC Police!” I yelled, startling him. The man looked up at me then darting down the apartment hall. “Stop!” I yelled chasing after him to a window. The crashing sound of glass is all that could be heard as the man and I crashed through the window, only to end up in a dumpster. I held him down inside the metal can, hoping that our prime suspect wouldn’t break free.

I sighed in relive as sirens of police cars came near, Finally , I thought. Lindsay came around and peered down at me inside the bad smelling dumpster, where I resided, “You got him.” She said cheerfully, trying brightening my mood, but nothing worked. After a few minutes of purely lying there with a man kicking at my stomach the police pulled both of us out. “I think I need a shower.” I stated simply after pulling most of the garbage off my body.

“Go home, take one, and then meet us at the station.” Danny suggested coming up with Lindsay. I thought for a good minute before nodding and heading for the car.

An hour later I walked through the doors of the precinct “Feel better?” Lindsay asked walking up to me.

“Yes, much better. Has our dumpster friend, gave us anything yet?” I asked as we walked up to the glass to view the interrogation.

“No, but I did match the finger print on the head of that metal object, to a folding golf club. The blood on it matches our victim and our guy here.” Lindsay informed me looking at me then the man,” His name is Justin Cetia. Also that mesh belongs to the same golf club.”

“We need to find that other half of the club and why Cetia was at the woman’s apartment.” I stated mostly to myself, deep in thought.

“We searched everywhere in that apartment, and couldn’t find anything.” Lindsay added thinking. Looking at the glass, I thought of a place and ran down the hall and receiving looks from passing people. I walked into the morgue, “Where’s Christina’s body?” I asked Side who hung over another body.

“Over there.” He replied nodding his head in the direction. I walked over sliding on some gloves, I felt around in the corps’s stomach “What are you looking for,” Sid asked continuing his own work.

“The golf club,” I replied, “Ha!” I exclaimed as I pulled out a metal folded object, “It’s a folding club.” I answered Sid’s unasked question.

“How didn’t I see that?” he asked wiping his brow, with his arm. “But, how could someone get that in her?”

“It had to be after death, the murder had to have shoved it down her throat, damaging her organs. That’s what this scarring up here is from.” I said motioning to her throat.

“Don’t you seem smart? Oh, I forgot to ask, how was your dumpster swim? Was the temperature just right?” Sid joked.

“Ha-ha very funny.” I said coldly taking off my gloves and putting the club in a bag. I sighed and headed to the door as Sid laughed. As I shut the large door behind me side yelled, “Hope you had a nice swim!”

Minutes later I handed the other part of the club to Lindsay who was in the lab.” Where did you find this?” she asked looking at it.

“Vic’s body,” I replied, “Has Cetia said anything yet?”

“May I see a lawyer?” Stella answered coming behind us. ”Any who, we have nothing to keep him here much longer.”

“Hopefully this other half of the club will help clear things up.” Lindsay stated cheerfully, as she started her work.

“Then I’ll leave you too you’re work.” I smiled as I left the room with Stella. As Lindsay did her I think, I decided to try to squeeze something out of our suspect. I walked to the interrogation room, where Mac Taylor and Justin sat. “I’ll ask you one more time, why did you kill Christina Remer?”

Justin who sat across from Mac sighed as her snuck lower in his chair. I walked into the room and patted Mac’s shoulder,” I’ll take it from here, Mac.” I said removing my hand as he nodded and stood.

“Good luck”, he whispered be leaving the room and shutting the door tightly behind.

I sat down and crossed my hands, “What was your relationship to Christina?” I asked looking in his eyes.

“You’re the one that crashed into the dumpster with me the man replied. He blinked as I stared at him, waiting for an answer. “I and she hooked up a few times, nothing to major. Well not till about a month ago, I started gaining feelings for her, but she said she wanted to be with someone else. So, I let her, sure I was heartbroken, but she wanted someone else. Weeks went by and I haven’t talked to her, and she suddenly calls me needing help.” The man swallowed,” that was yesterday, I came to help her and find a man trying to harm her. So, I acted only to get hit on the head with that damn golf club and then blacking out when, I awoke she was gone.” He finished tears forming in his eyes.

“Did you know this man?” I asked, trying to gain more information.

“No, I’ve never seen him before. Sorry I couldn’t be much of help.” He replied looking at me as I rose.

“Its fine, you helped us a lot.” I smiled and left the room.” He’s not our man,” I to Mac,” There is no way that man could be our murder.”

“Then who is?” Mac asked with his usual expressionless face.

“Mark Lendon.” Lindsay answered coming down the hall,” His prints where all over that club and some of his skin as well.”

“We’ll go find him.” Danny stated grabbing his address, and Don. ”You too Mac.” He called as they left the build to go after Mark.

About thirty minutes later we got a call stating that we got him. I smiled as I walked over to Justin, our suspect, and lead him out of the precinct. “I bet you really loved her.” I stated casually.

“I guess I did.” Justin replied walking down the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes Is long. Its 2063 words. I felt I needed it long since it was an episode, ya know.(:
This was for MaryWinchester's TV contest. Wish me luck ~ The Only Exception.