Status: In the process of writing!

Always a Note off Key

Whats Best When You Know Nothing?

Andie’s PoV

My room looked so out of place it suddenly felt like I had changed and I wasn’t the girl that the room belonged to. I was someone different inside that girls body and I think it was because I now had a connection with someone I didn’t even know, I felt like I knew him a little better just by knowing what he goes through. What was really worrying me now was how my Dad was going to cope with having a daughter who was sick with and illness that there was no cure for.

“Andie can you come down here please? I need to talk to you,” Dad shouted from down stairs. I looked up at the poster of the Jonas Brothers on my wall and smiled as it came back into mind what the last thing I saw was before I completely checked out, Nick’s eyes. I turned away from the poster feeling a little bit stronger about it all and walked straight out of my room and made my way down stairs starting in the general direction where I heard his voice coming from. I walked into the kitchen to see him leaning against the counter staring at a picture that was in his hands and my favourite guitar was resting on the table in the middle of the room.

“What is it you called me down to talk about Dad?” I asked softly as I pulled out the controls for my Pod and started to check dosages and then checking my blood sugars. I sat on the table top picking up the guitar and started to play something I wrote the day my Mum died. He sighed and came and sat on the table top beside me and listened for a little while before sighing again.

“Honey I’ve been thinking maybe we should move back to America, Mine and your Mother’s friends have a son your age who’s gone through this and I was thinking maybe he could help you through it. We both know I’m not as strong as I used to be, not without your Mother around so I need my friends and I think it would be good for you to see the place where you came from and the boys who you used to bug to play dollies with you,” Dad suggested a sly smile creeping up on his face as he made the last statement. I shrugged my shoulders and looked anywhere but at my dad.

“Dad lets face it, it’s the middle of the school year and we’re doing fine on our own, do we really have to move close to a family I don’t even remember ever being part of my life?” I whispered softly strumming chords on the guitar my eyes fixated on the floor while I waited for a long and boring speech about how it would be good for the both of us and I would end up agreeing with him and before I could even think we would be on a plane to America with all of our stuff packed up in boxes.

“Honey look I think it would be best for both of us, and plus I had you booked in with the singing coaches that the Jonas Brothers use as a present for when we got there,” Dad said giving me a pointed look as he put a hand on my guitar and smiled at me. I smiled softly and thought of this as my one chance to get big and fulfil my dream that my Mum always said that I would be able to.

“You mean you got me voice lessons with the Paul and Denise Jonas?” I stared at him completely wide eyed. I couldn’t help it I knew this was a dream come true and one that I couldn’t pass up even if I was suffering from the most trying mental illness known to man. I would never pass up on an opportunity like the one my Dad was handing to me now.

“Well it wasn’t all that hard to pull, Denise used to go to school with your Mum and I was acquainted with Paul and when Denise and Paul got together they introduced me and your Mum to each other and since that day we had all been the best of friends. And their son’s are our god son’s and the boys you used to bug until they would play dolls with you. And their son Nick, I believe you are familiar with him will be the one helping you with the diabetes,” Dad said with a sly smirk and my jaw just dropped automatically as I stared blankly at him in shock.

“You what? Nick Jonas, the Nick Jonas is going to be teaching me how to manage my diabetes? You have got to be kidding me!” I stared in belief and shock at my Dad I didn’t know what to say. He had just revealed that he was good friends with the parents of the Jonas Brothers and that I used to make them play dollies with me.

“Yeah that’s about right so how soon do you think you can get all packed up?” Dad asked with a twinkle in his eyes that I hadn’t seen in such a long time. I smiled and dashed out of the room with my guitar in my hand and then it suddenly occurred to me and I went running back into the kitchen.

“Dad, I can be packed by not tomorrow but the next day and what about the piano? It’s my baby it has to come with us! Mum got me it for my thirteenth birthday we can not leave it behind!” I yelled eyes wide with fright as I thought of the dread over not having my Mum’s piano there to write on. It wouldn’t be the same using a different piano to work on my music and to practice on because it had been with me for so long and one of the main memories of my Mum.

“The piano is getting shipped over in a cargo ship and will be there about two to three weeks after us.” Dad said giving me one of his secretive smiles that told me to get to it and start packing. I turned my back to him and bounded my way up the stairs like a hyperactive kid. I just hoped that the Jonas family were everything I built them up to be in my head. The last thing I was going to need was more things to worry about.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is the second chapter, I'm sorry about the wait but I've been working on another side project to this. I know I have way to many side projects but its because I get bored so easily. Anyway hope you enjoy this and keep leaving me comments telling me what you like and dislike and subscribe if you like it because it really gives me the need to write more :).

Peace +& Love

WordsOfTheWorld | Stephie