Status: In the process of writing!

Always a Note off Key

Surprises Can Sometimes Be An Overload

Andie’s P.O.V
Everything was packed up and ready to go and it was now my last day at school, I wasn’t looking forward to saying good bye. I was never a one for saying goodbye because it was so final like you would never ever see that person again. ‘See you soon’ was always better for me it implied that you would see the person again someday. I pulled on my uniform and slung my book bag over my shoulder. The smell of pancakes drifting up from the kitchen, a slow lazy smile spread across my face. I skipped down the stairs humming a tune under my breath happily.

“Morning Humming Bird, I made you favourite pancakes with strawberries and double whipped cream. Now my baby girl you’re preference changes daily you want your strawberries sugared or not?” My Dad stated happily holding out two bowls of strawberries one lot were sugared and the other lot weren’t. My smile broadened as I skipped over to him taking the bowl of non-sugared strawberries and scattered them around and over my stack of pancake before spooning on large globs of whipped cream.

“Mmmmm thank you Daddy, this looks so yummy,” I said as I held a forkful of pancake up to my mouth the smell of batter was still clinging to the kitchen and it made my mouth water. I could feel Dad’s eyes on me but I was to engrossed in the delicious breakfast he had cooked for me the kind he ever only really cooked on a special occasion. Suddenly the cogs in my mind started to turn yes, we were moving across the world and that was a very special thing, but we had moved before and it had never deserved a special breakfast. There was something bigger than the big move going on and it was something that wasn’t going to come out of my dad’s lips I would have to wait it out.

I shoved the forkful of my pancake into my mouth realising that I had hesitated and quickly ate the rest of the stack making sure I speared strawberries and mopped up cream as I went. I smiled at my Dad and patted my tummy in appreciation before picking up my plate and utensils to put them in the dishwasher. I walked over and peck him on the cheek before heading to the front door picking my house keys up on the way. Then it hit me after today I would never use these keys again. I’d never walk through this door or walk the same streets or smile to the same people at school. Tears welled in my eyes but I pushed them back. I wouldn’t cry after today my dreams would start to come true I would have no reason to cry again.

Nick’s P.O.V

Falling asleep had been hard and I had become restless, the idea of me walking into a public school full of girls and a lot of fans. But I needed to see Andie before she got to America to see her at home where she was most comfortable. It was weird to my family but I had convinced them to come on the journey with me, it helped that they all wanted to see her as soon as possible to. Going on my own though that scared me, but Uncle John said I was her role model that she often analysed every lyric I wrote and that she spent most of her time listening to our music. Though that pleased me I worried that meeting me and then my family in such a quick time would make her go into overload and that we would become a disappointment .

Waking up and getting ready to go to the school to meet Andie for the first time was making me nervous and from running my fingers through my hair It was knotted and tatted causing my to wince as I tried to run a brush through it. Though that wasn’t what was causing the churning in my stomach that caused me to eat very little of my breakfast . As part of the big suprise that had been arranged for Andie by her dad was that I was going to sing for her in the morning assembly at the school and join her in all of her classes. It was going to be an odd experience for me as I hadn’t been into public school classes since me and my brothers made it big. There were three songs that were going to be played during the assembly two of them would be songs I had written myself and the last one the song she had awed us with the night before when we had decided if it was the last thing we would do she would be a recording artist. The first was going to be ‘A Little Bit Longer’ which her dad had said she sang in a school concert to raise money for JDRF and then I was going to sing ‘Keep It Real’ to remind her that she could still be a normal teen even when she made it big. Ending it with my own rendition of ‘Just That Good’ which she had wowed me and my brothers with. If there was one thing I was certain about, it was that this was something Andie was never even going to begin to expect.

“Nick get your butt down here or you’re going to make us all late for this thing and it was your idea in the first place!” Joe yelled from the front of the suite we were in. I shook my head and pulled on my clothes running a comb through my hair as I walked out of the room that we were in. I picked up a pair of green converse on my way and smiled to myself nerves at embarrassing this girl I barely knew raising their ugly head. I sat on the couch and pulled on my converse and took my insulin before shoving ahead of Joe who was pig headedly frowning at me in disdain and Kevin who was shaking his head at Joes immaturity.
“Oh god he’s on auto pilot, he’s nervous should we really let him go through with this?” Joe mocked as we walked out of the suite with Big Rob not making any actual motion to stop me.

“Just get into the car Joe and don’t mock your brother he has a right to be nervous he’s going to be staying in a public school all day on his own no body guards. You’d be nervous to, yes I know before you say it we did offer to send a guard with him but he refused no need to bring it up.” Mom said predicting Joe’s reply without even thinking about it. We all got into the car and started on our way to the school and the whole time my mind was on Andie and how she was going to react to the surprises set up for her throughout the day. I just hoped it wouldn’t be a bad reaction some part of me really wanted to impress this complete stranger more than I’d wanted to impress any girl I had ever met.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its been a long wait and I'm hoping to get back to this story :)