Status: In the process of writing!

Always a Note off Key

Take a Moment...Take a Second Look

Nick’s PoV

All the way to the school my stomach was churning my fingers drumming a nervous staccato beat on my thighs and Kevin and Joe looking at me like I was going to hurl didn’t help in the slightest. My eyes were focused straight ahead but my mind was still on Andie. I gulped I drummed some more and I felt Joes hand grab my wrist. He and Kevin were looking at me and damn were they worried.

“Dude Andie is psyched to be meeting us and she will love this but you should let Big Rob go with you today I mean what if some crazy jealous fan tries to hurt you or worse Andie? You know its not wise to be going into this without some muscle behind you or atleast me and Kev to take some of the attention away from Andie spending the day with you!” Joe breathed out all in a rush keeping his eyes on me as I looked to Kevin who was nodding his agreement to Joe’s worries.

“Your bother is right Nick you shouldn’t be going in their alone it’s a risk to Miss Andie.” Big Rob chimed in meeting my eyes through the rear view mirror. I nodded my head sighing realising that they were totally beyond right. No matter how much I wanted to keep Andie to myself today she wouldn’t be able to have me to her self because of the sheer amount of fans that would be demanding of my time. Having the guys with me would make a hell of a lot more sense and Big Rob being there to would keep us all safe from harm.

“You’re all right of course I think we should all go and since the school was worried about the safety of this I think they won’t mind the extra security and of course you two morons tagging along to,” I grinned at them as the relief dawned on them and the tension seemed to melt a little from Big Rob.

Before I knew it though we were outside the school and my stomach was back in knots. Judging by the time Andie would be in class and we had just enough time to get to the assembly hall to set up. Our band had arrived an hour earlier to set up all the instruments. And when I saw the hall I smiled. The head teacher was standing at the front of the room surveying all the tech involved with having us play.

“Hello you boys must be the Jonas Brothers and you must be their security. Welcome to the school and I hope you enjoy your day here. Your manager phoned earlier to say the security and the two older brothers would also be staying the day with us for security purposes for the students and yourself Nick. Andie is currently in her home room but I am still confused as to how you know her and why you are doing this.” The head teacher let out in a steam of fast paced British that had my head reeling.

“Yes they will be staying though how he knew is beyond us as the decision was made in the car on the way here. Andie is the daughter of our God Father and has recently been diagnosed with type one diabetes. So its just a little surprise her father set up in order to lift her spirits prior to her moving to America tomorrow.” I smiled softly as I thought to the idea of Andie living under the same roof as us for a while.

“Well all the students will be filing in for assembly soon so if you would like to get yourselves set up and ready to go boys that would be great. Andie’s class will be the first to arrive as well.” And with that the head teacher walked away from us her hands clasped behind her back. I looked at my brothers and Hopped up onto the stage and picked up my guitar and started tuning. My eyes on the door waiting to see her face. Kevin and Joe at my back also watching expectantly for our long lost childhood friend. What would her reaction be when she seen us would she be happy, sad or angry. I was hoping for the former but if it was either of the other options I already knew my heart would be crushed. I cared for this girl all my life even if I hadn’t seen her since we were kids.

Andies Pov

The walk to school was okay and like every other day held absolutely no surprises just the way I like it. But I had this niggling feeling in the back of my mind that something big was going on today and I had missed every sign placed in front of me. I walked alone today as I couldn’t stand seeing any of my friends just yet I didn’t want to give them the news that I was leaving tomorrow just yet I had to think over exactly how to phrase it. It was starting to worry me and I could feel my stomach tying up into knots at the thought. I knew Dad was certainly up to something but what I just didn’t know.

The teachers were all soon leading us to the hall saying there was some sort of special assembly that was going on today. At the thought of a special assembly my nerves slowly started to ramp up and the bad feeling that something was going on began to grow. As I walked through the hall doors it dawned on me, they were in town my town, in my school with all their instruments. And He, the Nick Jonas was watching the doors and as his eyes met mine he smiled. My heart started to beat faster and all the girls behind me started to squeal proclaiming that Nick Jonas was smiling at them. But only I knew that smile was meant for me. Kevin and Joe soon smiled at me to and I smiled back but the nerves were writing inside of me.

“Hey every body we’re here today to play a few songs for a very special girl who is very dear to our hearts and we haven’t seen since she was about 6 years old and well we’ve miss her like crazy,” Nick Jonas said into a hand held microphone while all the classes took their seats many people now whispering and looking around for someone who stuck out like a sore thumb and slowly I began to blush.

“Now our God Father, her dad told us she hates surprises but we hope she can forgive us as Nicky boy here couldn’t wait until she moved back out to the USA to meet her. So Andie my Pint Sized Sister get your butt up here we’ve missed you!” Joe yelled having no need for the microphone making people laugh and Nick and Kevin shake their heads.

“ Andie you don’t really have to come up if you don’t want to but we know it would mean a lot of us if you did!” Kevin said softly into the mic leaning over Nicks shoulder. I stood shaking my face still bright red making my way to the stage. Joe and Kevin grabbing my hands and hauling me up into their arms and bare hugging me. I was in shock and starting to think I wouldn’t mind surprises like this.

“Now Andie we know this is sudden but what the hell we never do things by half and we have a few songs for you so sit back and enjoy your moment!” Joe yelled picking up his guitar and lauching into the first of their three songs.

“Got the news today, Doctors said I had to stay a little bit longer and I’ll be fine. When I thought it’d all been done when I thought it’d all been said a little bit longer and I’ll be fine. But you don’t know what you got until its gone. And you don’t know what it’s like to feel so low. And every time you smile you laugh you glow. You don’t even know, know, know. You don’t even know.” Nick sang softly and tears started to well in my eyes as I watched him in awe of his strength. Joe and Kevin their eyes closed faces serene but showing the clear pain they feel for their brother.

“All this time goes by and still no reason why, a little bit longer and I’ll be fine. Waitin’ on a cure but none of them are sure a little bit longer and I’ll be fine. But you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone. You don’t know what it’s like to feel so low. And every time you smile, you laugh you glow. You don’t even know, know, know. You don’t even know, know, know. You don’t even know. No.” Nick carries on his eyes on the crowd and their isn’t a dry eye in the room and he turns to me my shaking hands and teary eyes and he smiles. He understands my pain and I his now I know to.

“And you don’t know what you got ‘til it’s gone. You don’t know what it’s like to feel so low, Yeah. And every time you smile, you laugh, you glow. You don’t even know, Yeah! Whoa. So I’ll wait ‘til kingdom come. All the highs and lows are gone. A little bit longer and I’ll be fine. I’ll be fine…” Nicks eyes are now wet with tears and he comes over picks up my hand and pulls me in for a hug. I smile tears rolling down and whispers into my ear “You should tell them no one will judge you this assembly is to celebrate a new chapter in your life Andie. Give them something to remember you by.” I nod my head and walk towards the microphone.

“Two days ago I got two very different pieces of news the first was bad in a very big way. I’m type one diabetic just like Nick and though I always loved the song he just shared with us it now holds so much meaning to me and I only hope Me and my family can be so strong in the face of my illness as he and his family have been in his. Secondly today is my last day. I have put off telling you all because tomorrow I move back to the USA my dad misses his home and longs to be closer to his friends the Jonas’s and I couldn’t say no to that after all that has happened to us both in the past year. I don’t remember my childhood with these remarkable boys I don’t remember much of my life in America except my Mother always singing. But I know I will enjoy having these boys in my life and I thank them for the wonderful but uncalled for surprise.

“It doesn’t end here though Pint Size because we have two more songs for you and one I demand you join in with but more on that in a bit as well as this little concert we are spending the day here in classes with you and your friends. Big Rob will be here to and I ask all of you just to treat us as regular guys inside the class room but outside of it we don’t mind taking photos and signing autographs for as many people as possible,” Kevin said putting an arm around me and pressing a soft kiss to the top of my head.
“Next up on our ‘Set list’ is Keep it Real because Andie even with all we have planned for you when we get back to America always know you can still be a normal teenager!” Nick said before picking up the guitar and starting the song.

“You dream of a day when the songs that you play are blasting through the speakers of your car. Then it comes in a flash and you hear the crowd screaming out your name for the encore. Living life, life in the fast lane not that bad no one can complain. Who’s to say that we won’t keep it real? Hold on tight don’t you dare let go. Nows the time to let the whole world know, that you can shine bright but still keep it real. Who could know that you'd be on the road selling out the tickets to your show?

Where you're from you're still the one you were before you left to go on tour,” All three boys sang their hearts out pouring as much emotion into the song and performance as they could. Kevin and Nick started in with their tricks and Joe being Mr Danger was not to be out done.

“Living life, life in the fast lane. Not that bad no one can complain! Who's to say that we won't keep it real? Hold on tight! Don't you dare let go. Now's the time to let the whole world know you can shine bright but still keep it real. Did you ever think your dreams would become a reality? All you did was just believe!” They all looked at me and I blushed as I knew their minds were on my silly little performance from the day before.

“Living life, life in the fast lane. Not that bad no one can complain! Who's to say that we won't keep it real! Yeah! Living life, life in the fast lane not that bad no one can complain, Who's to say

That we won't keep it real! Hold on tight don't you dare let go. Now's the time to let the whole world know you can shine bright but still keep it real.” They finished up to huge screams and rounds of applause and me smiling like a giddy school girl.

“So we all know that we have a lot of fan in here if judging by the screams but did any of you know that our Andie here has one serious voice on her?” Nick yelled and that when my stomach dropped he was going to get me to sing in front of my peers damn how on earth was I going to get out of this one?
♠ ♠ ♠
'Keep it real' and 'A Little Bit Longer' are the interlectual and copyrighted property of the Jonas Brothers and I claim for ownership over the lyrics or music. Any other characters are a coincidental likeness to anyone and are completely fictional!

Thank you for reading

WordsOfTheWorld | Stephie