Sequel: Dear Katy
Status: READ THE SEQUEL!

Katy's Summer

Adrenaline Rush From The Highest Top

“Now, where are we?”, I asked when we were all the back lounge. We were still in the middle of a desert and all of us were wearing thin clothes. I only wore a bikini top and short shorts.

“Arizona.”, Dexter breathed while she was cooling herself with a paper.

I stood up and walked to the pantry. When I opened the fridge, it was a mini heaven. I sat in front of the fridge, letting the coolness crept onto my body.

“What the heck are you doing?”

I looked up and saw Alex, smirking down to me. oh God, he was only wearing his board short. “Cooling myself.”

He sat down next to me and leaning his body forward to the fridge. “Oh, that’s nice.”

“Are you looking at my chest, Gaskarth?”

“How did you know?!”, He exclaimed and wiggled his brows. I rolled my eyes and suddenly, he pulled me closer by my neck and pressed his lips on mine.

“You know, kissing is going to make your body temperature.”, Aubrey sang as she skipped down to the front lounge. I pulled away and blushed.

“You want to take this to my bunk?”, Alex asked.

I pinched his arm and he exclaimed ‘ouch’. “Alex, it’s 100 degrees inside the bunk, I’m so not going in there.”

“Well.”, he shrugged his shoulder and closed the space between us. I closed the fridge and yeah, Aubrey was right.
*********
The bus suddenly stopped. My eyes fluttered open and realized I was sleeping on Alex’s lap. We were at the back lounge with everyone, and everyone was sleeping too.

“What’s going on?”, Serena yawned, then, Jack ran to the back lounge with a huge grin spread on his face.

“We’re here!”, he exclaimed as he threw his arms into the air. Out of curiosity, I looked out to the window and we were outside a small airport. If you could tell a building and a small plane on the back is an airport.

“What are we going to do here?”

“Just get dress! Alex wanted us to add this spot for you.”, Dexter grinned and she was already wearing a Glamour Kills crook neck sweatshirt and short shorts. I shrugged my shoulders and went to my bus, grabbing a summer dress.

After I put it on, I went to the front lounge and everyone was already outside. I rushed out as I put on my UGG boots. The warm air washed my body when I stepped out from the bus.

“Grand Canyon West Airport.”, I read the sign slowly. My mind process what I just read, and suddenly, it hits me. “WE’RE GOING TO GRAND CANYON?!”

“Chill, Katy.”, Serena giggled. “What’s wrong with Grand Canyon?”

“It’s high! Very high!”
“Oh please.”, Dexter put her hands on her hips. “Come on, we won’t push you.”

“Oh, I want to go bungee jumping!”, Aubrey exclaimed as she jumped up and down.

“Ha! I want to go bungee jumping too!”, Zack raised his hand. I rolled my eyes and let Alex pulled me into the building. It was like a little boarding lounge. Matt talked to the man on the desk and he just nodded. We waited for 15 minutes until the man led us outside.

The plane’s door was already opened and we went inside. When all of us were settled, the plane took off. I kept on hiding my face on Alex’s chest. Heights are my biggest fear. After 20 minutes of flying, the plane landed on a rough land.

“Here we are!”, the pilot announced. After it was stopped perfectly, we opened out seatbelts and stepped down from the plane. In front of us, the grand canyon spread off.

“Oh god.”, I gulped. We walked to another building and when we went inside, a younger woman greeted us.

“Hi, you must be here for the skywalk.”, she shook all of our hands. “My name is Barbara and let’s get you ready.”

We walked to the back and she gave us a special shoe. It was like gloves but for feet. We put off our shoes and put it in the lockers. After all of us put on the feet gloves, we walked out and i can see the glass bridge. the view was breathtaking and i might enjoy it if i wasn't scared of heights.

I took Alex hand and held it tightly. “Don’t ever let me go, kay?”

He smiled down to me and kissed my temple. “Of course.”

We walked to the glass floor and my heart wanted to leap out of my chest when I looked down. “OH MY GOD!”, I cried and closed my eyes.

“Don’t look down.”, Alex chuckled.

“I can’t believe you are laughing about this!”, I slapped his arm with my eyes closed.

“Okay, okay.”

“Lead me, please.”

He led me when I walked and he rested his head on the top of my head. “Open your eyes.”

“No, no way.”

“Please, you’ll love this.”

“No way in hell, Alex.”

“For me?”

I could picture his pleading eyes. I sighed and opened my eyes little by little. The orange light blinded me. we were at the middle of the U part and it was sunset on the horizon. I gasped quietly and the view. It was beautiful.

“Oh my god, it’s beautiful.”

“Told you you’ll love it.”
“Shut up, don’t ruin this moment.”, I muttered as Alex’s arm wrapped around my waist. We enjoyed the view until I realized the others were out of sight.

“Where the others?”

“They’re going bungee jumping.”

I looked up. “What? Are they out of their minds?!”

“Look.”, Alex pointed to the right side of the canyon. There was a some kind of dock and someone was waving to us, then I realized it was Aubrey. Suddenly, she walked backwards, then ran off the dock.

“AUBREY!”, I screeched, but Alex tighten his wrap.

“Calm down! She’s secured!”, Alex laughed. 5 seconds later, Aubrey’s body were like a yoyo, but I could hear her laughter, echoed on the canyon’s walls. “Wanna try?”

“I could puke when I jumped.”

“Oh come on, let’s jump together.”

“There’s a harness for two?”

He nodded. “Well, only one way to check it out.”
**********
We walked to the dock and I realized it was made out of wood. Shit.

“Hey, here’s the lovely couple!”, Aubrey giggled as she wiped off her face with a towel. “Care to try?”

“You were sick, Aubrey.”, I giggled.

“Maybe the Merricks are athletic, but we, Barakats, are daredevils.”

“Is Jack jumping?”

“There he is.”

I looked to the edge and saw Jack, throwing the fingers on us. We laughed and the man pulled him up. when he was on the dock, he sat down and laughed. “Shit, I could see a mountain lion down there!”

“Who’s next?”, The man asked.

“Zack?”, I asked.

“I already jumped, Katy.”, he grinned.

“Come on.”, Alex whispered.

“But, you said we would do this together!”

“Please, Katy?”, he let out his puppy dog eyes. I sighed and nodded weakly. The man helped me put on my harness and clasped the rope on the back of the harness.

“This is alright, right?”, I asked him.

“Of course. This rope could held a weight until 1000 pounds.”

I nodded and walked backwards, then ran off the dock, just like Aubrey did. The wind washed my face and I opened my eyes, I was so close to the ground. I screeched out my lungs off and I was like a yoyo, up and down, up and down, until I was just hanging on the air.

“Can you guys pull me up now?”, I shouted with tears running up to my forehead, because I was upside down. Then, the ground slowly farther from my head. When I was already on the dock, everyone gave me applause.

“You’re so good, Katy!”, Serena exclaimed as she and the girls pulled me into a group hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
i had fun writing this chapter:3
and this one for Dinda,since last chapter suck balls,hahaha
oh and if you're curios with what the skywalk looks like,CLICK HERE!:D