Sequel: Dear Katy
Status: READ THE SEQUEL!

Katy's Summer

Warped Tour Is Where Everyone Runs Away

“Warped!”, Aubrey squealed when she jumped off the steps of the bus. We followed her out from the bus and I breathed the humid hot air of California. It was really different from the east coast, and this was my first time.

“Come on, Katy! Let’s say hi!”, Aubrey tugged my arm. I sighed in surrendered and she dragged me to the merch tents. Dexter and Serena followed behind us.

We walked to the A Rocket To The Moon merch tent, and greeted by their merch girl. “Aubrey!”

“Sisca!”, they both squealed and hugged each other. “When did you get here?”

“This morning. I was looking for you guys! hi Dexter and Serena!”, she waved. She eyed me for a second and smiled. “Hi, what’s your name?”

“Katy.”, I stuck my hand out and she took it. “This is my first Warped.”

“Seriously?!”, her eyes widened. “Welcome to Warped Tour!”

“Thanks.”, I smiled. The four of us talked for a bit, and Sisca said that she needed to introduce me to someone. She dragged me to Breathe Carolina’s tent and slapped someone’s back.

“Jess!”

‘Jess’ turned around and pushed her glasses higher on her nose. It was not a geeky glasses, more like a black RayBan with clear lenses. “Sisca! Who’s this?”

“This is Katy, she’s the new ATLG.”, Sisca winked and pushed me a bit. I stuttered and turned my head around.

“How did you know I’m an ATLG?”

“Well, we know from Alex’s Twitter! He kept mentioning about this girl he met this summer and fell in love with her. We never see you before, so we know it’s you!”

My cheeks turned red and wave shyly to Jess. “I’m Katy.”

“Jessica!”, she pulled me into a hug for five seconds, and then pulled away. “I was dying to meet you!”

We walked to the caters’ tent, but on our way, I was stopped by a familiar face, doing guitar solo on a set. I narrowed my eyes and almost choked to see who was up there.

It was Paul. he was Paul. Paul. Paul who I met on the store in the truck stop in Texas, Paul who I hugged when I was half naked. It was him.

“What is it, Katy?”, Sisca asked. I was speechless, and my mouth hung open. I thought he and his friends were here to follow the tour to see the sets, not play the sets!

She followed my stare and made an ‘O’ shape with her lips. “That’s Boys Like Girls. They are one of the favorites on this tour.”

I stuttered and shook my head slightly. “I knew the guitarist.”

“Paul?”

I nodded.
“Well, he does have the boyish charm.”, Sisca laughed. After we watched them for a song called ‘Heels Over Head’, we continued our way to the caters’ tent.

“You must’ve been hungry.”, Jess handed me a plate.

“Well, not too hungry. Jack kept shoving Gummy Bears and Chips into my mouth.”

They laughed and when we were in front of the food, I scanned the trays. I picked up the spoon for the potatoes, but someone’s fingers were on it too.

“Excuse me.”, I spat a bit, when I looked up, it was Paul’s fingers.

“Katy?!”, his eyes widened when he saw me. “What are you doing here?”

“Let me reverse the question! What are you doing here?”

“I’m with my band.”, he chuckled. “And you?”

I rolled my eyes and took the spoon from him. “I’m with All Time Low.”

I slapped the spoon onto my plate and moved aside. When I walked to the girls’ table, Paul caught up with me. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You didn’t tell me that you’re in a band!”, I questioned.

He shook his head and pouted. “I’m sorry.”

I nodded and continued my way. I sat down on the picnic table and twitched my brows when I saw Sisca’s and Jess’s expression. “What?”

“You know him?”, Jess asked as her eyes still following Paul’s back. “How?”

“I met him at the truck stop outside Texas, no big deal.”

“Does Alex know?”, Sisca pointed out.

The potatoes stuck in my throat. She was right. How would Alex felt when I tell him that I hugged a guy that I barely knew when I was half naked? “No, he doesn’t know.”

“He better not.”, Jess took a sipped of her RedBull.
**************
I walked into the bus and it was quiet. I looked for them at the back lounge but no one was there.

“Katy?!”

I turned around and Matt was standing at the door. “What’re you doing here? Alex is looking for you at the set!”

“Really?!”, I suddenly panicked. He nodded and I rushed to the door. before I got out, I turned around and called him. “Matt?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you know what’s going on with Serena?”

His face hardened and I could see something in his eyes, and telling me that he knew something about her. “No, I don’t know a thing.”

I nodded and went out to the bus. I didn’t know why Matt lied to me. I mean, I’m Serena’s friend, and he knew that I won’t tell the world about it.

When I got into the backstage, Alex was kind of freaking out. “Katy!”, he engulfed me into a hug. “Where were you?!”

“I got lunch with some new friends. Are you okay?”

He gulped his dry throat and looked out to the stage. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “I am now.”, he smirked.

I patted his arms and he kissed my temple before running out to the stage, followed by Jack, Zack, and Rian. The first song was Six Feet Under The Stars. Alex played for me once when we were having our insomnias, and I could say that this was my favorite song.

When Alex wanted to sang the second chorus, he stopped the others and released the mic from the stand. “Before we continue, I wanted to say that, I dedicated this song to a very special girl.”

The crowd screamed and I could feel my legs were shaking. “I just met her, this summer, and I could tell you all that I fall in love with her.”, Alex continued.

In my head, I was planning to escape, but before I could run, Dexter and Aubrey looped their arms with mine. “You can’t get away, Katy.”, Dexter grinned.

“Here she is, Katy!”, Alex smirked at me. Aubrey pushed me a bit and I was already in sight of the crowd. Some part of the crowd roared, but some of them put on their “she’s-a-bitch-for-dating-a-hot-band-guy” face.

I walked to Alex’s spot and took his hand. He signaled the others to continue the song. Rian started the drums, and then, Jack with the guitar and Zack with the bass. It was weird without Alex, but my hand still in his.

Thames Street
I'll take you out
Though I'm hardly worth your time
In the cold, you look so fierce
But I'm warming up
Because the tension's like a fire
We'll hit South Broadway in a matter of minutes
And like a bad movie, I'll drop a line
Fall in the grave I've been digging myself
But there's room for two
Six feet under the stars


After that, the other still played the music, but Alex kissed my temple. I can guarantee that I will get a lot of hate because of him, but I simply didn’t care.
♠ ♠ ♠
i featured my other two great friends, Sisca and Jessica here:)
anyways, i know i don't want to fast forward the story, but i can't wait to write about....bla bla bla,SECRET;D
thanks for the comments and subscription,you guys rock!
THANK YOU!<3