Sequel: Dear Katy
Status: READ THE SEQUEL!

Katy's Summer

Everything Won't Be The Same

“Katy.”

My eyes widened to see the sandy brown haired guy who I loved so much, standing just a few steps away from me. I wanted to walk away, but somehow, he got me under his spell, I couldn’t move. “What…What’re you doing here?”

“I’m here to have you back.”, he said slowly and clear. “I want you back.”

“I’m just a dead weight in your life, Alex!”, tears started to fell down. “I’m not good enough.”

He shook his head and took my hands. “You’re the best girl I’ve ever dated, just please, give us one more chance.”

I felt like someone choked my throat, my breath got stuck inside my throat. Some of myself wanted him back, but the other side told me that he was lying, I was a joke to him. “No, we’re over.”

I pulled my hands back and shook my head. “I’m sorry, Alex.”

Before I could get all teary, I remembered my journal was on the coffee table on the porch. I rushed up, grabbed it, and handed it to Alex. “What’s this?”, he asked.

“My journal. There were pictures of us and our friends, and possibly, my feelings for you over the summer.”

His eyes went glassy when looked at me. “Katy, I’m sorry.”

“You should be, and keep that journal, maybe you would understand how much I loved you and how much you meant to me.”

Before he could say anything else, I ran back inside and up to my room. I sat on the window edge, he was still at the curb, sitting and reading my journal. To saw him like that, it felt like someone stabbed my heart with a dagger.

I loved him, I loved him so much, but I was just another girl in his life, who came and went, just like the wind blew by.

Alex

I sat on the Thorton’s curb and opened up the journal. The first page was Katy’s graduation. She wore that Dulaney toga I wore on my graduation too, and she was with a blond, linking arms.‘KATY AND SARA, GRADUATION 2007’, the caption said.

Few more pages, I was on the page where she wrote about DisneyWorld. There was a Polaroid of us, kissing in the back lounge and there were still paint on our faces because of the Paint Maze.

“Today could be the best day of my life. Why? Well, you know that I fall for Alex since day 1, and he asked me to be his girlfriend! Here’s a picture of us, kissing, and yes, our faces are smothered in paint, and he asked under the fireworks! I can feel that we will go all the way, but I don’t really know.

Xox, Katy.”
, she wrote.

Tears welled up in the corner of my eyes and one fell to the page, making the ink of the pen blurred. After I finished half of the journal, I decided to walk home. The streetlights were the only lighting source.

I looked up to the sky and there was field of stars. At the night like this, she would ask me to sing Six Feet Under The Stars for her. It was her favorite song.

When I unlocked the front door and went inside, before I could turn the lights on, Sebastian and Peyton already greeted me. “Hey guys.”, I smiled weakly.

I walked to my room and quickly opened my Macbook, going on to my Myspace. There were new comments on a picture of Katy and I. we were at the bus’s roof, on our bathing suits.

‘You guys are adorable!’, one of the comments said. I smiled a little and quickly closed it again. When Sebastian saw Katy’s picture as my desktop wallpaper, he whimpered and rubbed his head against my leg.

“You missed her, huh, Baz?”, I asked as I stroked his neck.

Katy

The next morning, I woke up with a massive headache, but it got better when I stood up. It was raining outside and I just remembered last night my mom called and told me that they’ll stay at my aunt’s house for a few days.

I got out to the porch and a guy was sitting on the wooden garden chair. I narrowed my eyes at him and gasped quietly when I realized who he was. “Paul?!”

He turned his head around to me and a smile adorning his lips. “Hey, Katy.”

“Poolie!”, I tackled him into a hug at the right time he stood up. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Kate.”, after a couple of seconds later, we pulled away. “Why you didn’t tell me that you were leaving?”

I sat down and looked down to my hand. “I thought you would stop me.”

“I would.”, he sat down next to me. “I would and should’ve stopped you.”

“See.”

He chuckled and leaned back to the chair. “What Alex did to you?”

I sighed and told him everything, from what Leisha and Alex talked about until Alex came to my house yesterday. When I was finished, the rain stopped and the wind blew harshly. “Hey, you wanna go inside?”, I offered.

“Sure.”

We stood up and walked inside. When he hung his jacket at the coat closet, my eyes lingered on his face. There were stubbles on his chin and mouth area, making his face more older.

We went to the living room and sat on the couch. “I need to tell you something, Katy.”

“Yeah?”

His fingers were tapping on his knees while he tried to choke out the words. “When I found out, you were with Alex, it felt like…someone ripped my heart out.”

“What do you mean?”, I muttered. The part where we met at the Pier in San Francisco played in my mind. His eyes told me that he was hurt.

“Katy, I like you, you’re in my mind all the time. When we met at the store in the truck stop, I felt we’ll meet again, and we did. When I saw you in the caters’ tent, I couldn’t believe my eyes, but yes, it was you.”

Tears welled up on my eyes when he talked. I wiped a tear that fell down with the sleeve of my sweater. “Please, Paul. I’m not ready yet.”

“I’m not asking you to date me now, I’m just asking you to give me a chance.”

I nodded and he pulled me closer, and I leaned my head on his shoulder. “Thank you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
yes,this story took place in 2007,when SWIR came out,cause' i have plans:3
thank you so much for waiting and commenting and subscribing!
LOVE YOU ALL!:DDDDD
P.S pleasseee,more comments?;D