Sequel: Dear Katy
Status: READ THE SEQUEL!

Katy's Summer

This Isn't The End Of Us

I zipped up my traveler’s backpack and sighed. After a long talk with my parents, I decided to take a year off to travel and go to college next year instead. After arranging everything, I decided to go to Europe first.

“Katy! Come on, or you’ll miss your flight!”, Laura called from downstairs. I slung my backpack on my shoulder and darted down the stairs.

“Have a safe trip, honey.”, mom said with teary eyes. “We’ll miss you.”

“Okay, I’ll call and email if it’s possible, mom.”, I laughed lightly. After another goodbyes to my dad, I went out and got into Laura’s car. She drove me to the airport and our drive was filled with silent.

“You have mails.”, she informed as she handed me a bunch of colorful envelopes, addressed to me and most of them were sent by “Barakat” or “Nylon” and there was one with “Merrick” on it. I smiled as I just looked at them, knowing that my friends wont forget me.

When we were in the airport, she said her goodbyes. My flight was already boarded, so I went into the plane and took my seat. When the plane already took off, I decided to open the letters. The first one was from Aubrey, I knew that because the red stationery.

“Katy Cat,

How’re you anyway? We need to text eventually☹ I’m going to miss you so much for traveling, and I kept my promise. I didn’t spaz out to Alex about your trip and only Dexter, Kara, Serena and I who know about it.

Oh! I wanted to tell you, that, Bryan and I are official! I know, it’s kind of a surprise that a Barakat could date, but yeah, we can! Shut up, woman:P

Just write back or text, I’ll be waiting!

Love a bunch,
Aubrey”


I giggled and took out the picture of her and Bryan from the envelope. The hyper, funny, and childish Aubrey met the calm, still funny, and mature Bryan. They were a perfect match and they looked very cute together.

After Aubrey’s, I pulled out a magenta envelope from Serena. I broke the seal and took out the letter.

“My little Katy Cat,

I’m going to miss you, that’s for sure! I’m not going to talk much, but I need to tell you some things. First, that, Matt and I didn’t break up. Shocking? Pretty much, even to myself.

When I told him about the baby, he shocked at first, but he understood my reason, and I was right, he wasn’t that ready for a kid.

But, we planned to have one soon;) and this is the most grand news! We’re getting married! But not too soon, because he still busy, and I need to finish college too.

Anyways, I love you and write back ASAP!

Warm hugs and sloppy kisses,
Serena”


My eyes widened when I read about the part she’s getting married. How would Zack react to that? But whatever it was, I’ll be insanely happy for her.

The next one was a soft yellow paper, and I could guess this one from Dexter. I took out the letter and read it.

“Katy, Kate, Katy Cat,

I’m bummed. You’re going to Europe without me?! that’s plain cruel!:( I need to see the hot dudes with equally hot accent, and you’re just going to see it by yourself. P.s, don’t tell Zack about that;D

Write back and send me pictures, doofus.

You know you’ll miss me,
Dexter”


I rolled my eyes and laughed after her letter. There was still one envelope left, but before I could open it, the lady next to me spilled her juice on it. “Oh! I’m sorry!”, she squeaked.

I smiled a bit and tried to air dry it, but it was no use. The inks were already blurred. I sighed and leaned back to my seat.

There was no way that the letter could be dry again. I took out my phone and composed a new text message.

To: Dexter

Dex, you sent two letters?:O oh, and the other one were soaked wet☹ I’m sorry.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH,THIS STORY REACHED 9 STARS!:'D
and i'm really sorry about the short finale,since this is what i had in mind! but the first idea was Katy left for europe with a cruise,so the mail flew away to the ocean,not getting wet
but anyway,thank you so much and EXPECT THE SEQUEL SOON!