Sequel: Dear Katy
Status: READ THE SEQUEL!

Katy's Summer

We Could Just Run Away

I sat on the swing at the backyard. it's been almost a week since the show and the little after show party at Alex's house, but i haven't got any call from him. it was weird to have him in my mind all week. his grin, his tousled hair, his amazing voice...i should stop. Sara and i were in our quiet term, she was mad at me because i ditched her and met All Time Low without taking her, it's not like i planned all that.

" Katy , your phone had been ringing for five minutes!", mom shouted from inside the house. i rolled my eyes and walked inside. my iPhone was vibrating and ringing loudly on the counter. i picked it up and almost fainted to see Alex's face on the screen. without anymore thoughts, i tapped "answer" and pressed the phone onto my ear.

"Hello?"

"Katy! it's me, Alex!"

Mom eyed me and i quickly walked out to the patio. "Hey, Alex. what's up?"

"Nothing. i was thinking, do you want to go to the park? i need to take Baz for a walk."

My legs were shaking and i nodded like an idiot. "Yeah, sure."

"Cool! i'll pick you up right now., then he hung up. it suddenly hits me. what am i gonna do? Alex is going to pick me up right now. his neighborhood wasn't too far from mine, maybe a 15 minutes drive. uh oh. i ran back inside to the kitchen and just stood on the door way for a moment. "Mom, i'm going to the park."

"With who, Katy?"

Shit. mom wouldn't believe me if i say i'm going with Sara, since she knew that we weren't talking, but she would be nosy if i sat i'm going with a guy. "I'm going with a friend of mine."

"Who?"

"Serena.", her name popped into my mind. "Along with Alena and Aubrey."

"I never knew you have friends with those names.", mom raised a brow. "Where do you know them?"

"I met them at the show last week. they're really cool."

Mom nodded and went back to her cooking. when i turned around, the sound of a car, pulling up at my curb was heard. i rushed outside and found the black Range Rover there. the window rolled down and revealed Alex's smirk. "Hey."

"Hey to you too.", i smiled and got into the passenger seat, then buckling up my seatbelt. "What's up with the random invitation?"

"Nothing. i just need some company."

Then, the puppy jumped onto my lap. i yelped at surprise but the dog was too adorable, i couldn't get mad at it. "Aren't you a cute boy?"

"This is Sebastian, but i call him Baz.", Alex smiled as he started to drive. "He's a rascal."

"You're so cute!", i exclaimed as i cradle him in my arms like a baby. the drive was filled with laughter and Baz's barking. when we parked in front of the park's gate, i quickly opened the door and suddenly, Baz was already jumping out. "Bazzy!"

He barked, telling me he was okay. i giggled and strapped his leash securely. the leather leash wrapped around my wrist tight, so i would get pulled if he run fast.

"You're alright?", Alex asked as we walked through the gate.

I nodded. "Yeah, it's just that, i love the early summer."

"Are you serious about going on tour with us?"

"Of course, i need to see the world before i would be tied down with college. at least, see the country."

"Okay then.", he grinned. "Get your things packed and we are leaving four days from now!"

My eyes widened and i stopped on my tracks. "Really?"

"Yeah, we are going on Warped Tour, and you would definitely have fun."

"Hell yeah!"
******************
"So, mom, i'm going with my friends on a road trip for the whole summer.", i told mom and dad as we sat down on the living room sofas. they wouldn't let me go if i tell them i'm going on a music tour, they would kill me and ground me the whole summer. yes, my parents could do that.

"But, Katy Cat, you would be away from us for three months.", mom's eyes went glassy. "I'll miss you."

"Mom, i promise i'll call everyday. i'm only going to travel the country, not the world."

"Who are you going with? Sara?", dad asked. a lump rose in my throat as i tried to answer that. "Well?"

"With my new friends. Sara is going with her parents to Hawaii, so i decided to join my other friends on the trip."

"That friends you met last week? are you sure?"

I nodded. "They're really nice, and we became fast friends. come on, dad, i've been tied down through high school, it's my time to break out and have fun."

They exchanged glances before nodded silently. i grinned and gave them a hug. after another few words, i ran upstairs and picked up my phone, quickly dial the girls' number.

"Hello?", Serena voice chirped on the other side.

"Hold on, gonna get the others on.", i slurred. i dialed Dexter's, Aubrey's and Kara's number, putting them to a five line conversation.

"Hellooooo?", the four of them chirped.

"Hey guys, guess what?!"

"Alex asked you to be his girlfriend already?!", Dexter's excited voice blaring through the phone.

"No.", i answered simply. "But, my parents let me go with you guys!"

The four of them squeals, making my ear deaf for a moment. "We are going to have so much fun!", Aubrey squealed.

"Hell yeah! to the summer!"
♠ ♠ ♠
short filler:3