Status: omfg I have 10 STARS! eee! You guys are epic. ^.^

Chelsea Smile.

Chapter 10: Perimeters.

“Alright! I want a perimeter set up around Tammy’s house,” The Chief demanded, “I want police on every block, every corner, and ever cul-de-sac you can find!”

“Yes sir!” The policemen exclaimed in unison. Tammy sat on the couch next to Eddie in hesitation. She took a sip of coffee and looked over at the Detective.

“So…u-um,”

“Listen Tammy,” Richards interrupted while taking her hand, “I won’t let anyone hurt you. I promise I’ll protect you. I will, I can promise you that.”

Tammy looked at him curiously and scoffed.

“You are so unbelievably cheesy,” She giggled. Eddie gave her a half smile and watched as she got up.

“Thank you Edward,” She replied, “It gives me great comfort knowing that you’ll be there for me no matter what.”

Eddie nodded and watched as several police men escorted her out the building. He let out a sigh and rubbed his hands, thinking about the serial killer’s whereabouts. Just then, the phone rang. Eddie looked at it for a moment and walked over to pick it up.

“Scotland Yard, this is Edward speaking,”

“My name is Minerva Grayson, and I’d like to file a missing persons report?”

“Mhm and what’s the name?”

“Jennifer and Troyson Barkley,” She replied.

Eddie’s eyes slightly widened.

“E-Excuse me, what?”

“Their names are Troy and Jenny Barkley, the coffee brewers?” The woman spoke out, “I heard some screaming going on in the house next door to me. I live next to them, you see.”

“I see,” Eddie spoke, “Okay, well, tell me what happened.”

“Well, 4 days ago I went over there to see if everything was alright, but these two people living there just kicked me out. I called a few hours later and this woman said that they were out on holiday. Now I'm not one to be too nosy, but Jenny’s sick you see. They can’t go out as much due to her health. And a few weeks ago she said that the trip to Ipswich was all the traveling that they were gonna do for years. I called a few neighbors on the street and they all agreed with me that someone was very wrong. We're all like family on this block, see,”

Eddie scribbled all of this down on a piece of paper.

“Okay Ma’am I’ll get right into it, thank you for calling,”

He quickly hung up the phone and rushed over to grab his coat. He packed up two 9mm guns and rushed out the door. He was hoping to God that it wasn’t true about Jenny and Troy. He clenched onto the steering wheel tightly as he turned various corners and ran various stop signs. He arrived at the Barkley’s house within minutes. He turned off his car lights and slowly walked up to the house. He pulled out his gun and placed his finger on the trigger, his heartbeat pulsing in his finger-tips. He took each step very carefully and knocked on the door. He listened carefully, his eyebrow cocking upwards. Someone was crying from behind the door. Footsteps pounded toward him and the door flung open. The girl he knew as “Kirsten” jumped into his arms. She had cuts and bruises all over her.

“Oh thank God you’re here!!” She cried out, “Someone took them!!!”

“Wh-What? Who?!” He asked out, setting her down on the ground. Calla wiped her eyes and started to sob,

“Someone broke into the house and kidnapped Jenny and Troy!!” She exclaimed, “There were three guys- No, four! Three! Four! I don’t kno-“

“Kirsten, Calm down! Now, is there anyone else in the house?”

Calla frantically shook her head and wiped away some more tears. Eddie patted her shoulder and got out his phone.

“This is Eddie Richards, I’ve got a break in at Wingate Hills on…”

Calla watched as he continued to speak on the phone. A small sense of accomplishment came over her. He was soaking it up like a sponge. When she noticed his eyes on her, she let out a few more sniffled.

“Troy and my brother put up a good fight to defend me and jenny, “ She spoke out suddenly, “But it was too late! He jabbed my brother with a knife and they dragged the three of them away. I should’ve done something! I should’ve saved hi-“

“Kirsten, no one could’ve predicted that this would’ve happened to you,” He assured, “Now, what’s going to happen is that you’re gonna go down to the yard and get a description, alright?”

“You have to find them Eddie, please!” She begged. Edward nodded and took her hand.

“Come on, we’re going to the station,”

[[At The Station]]

Edward watched through the giant glass window as Kirsten gave a description of the four men who attacked her. As she did so, the Chief came up to him with a cup of coffee.

“How’s it going?” He asked curiously.

“She’s a little shaken up, but she’s pulling through,” Edward answered, “Apparently the Barkley’s were at a funeral for Jenny’s Cousin, that’s why they were gone so long. They had just come home that night too, a day earlier then planned. The Attackers weren’t probably counting on that.”

“Fits the time line, that’s for sure,”

Edward nodded and watched as Kirsten slowly turned her head to face him. She gave him a weak smile, and he gave her one in return. Just then, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He picked it up and looked at the Caller ID. It was Tammy. He smiled brightly and flipped it open.

“Hello Dear,” He greeted happily.

“Edward, is that you?”
She sounded stressed. Something was really wrong. Eddie furrowed his brows and listened in closely.

“Tammy? Tammy what’s wrong?” He asked curiously.

“Eddie,” Tammy called out in desperation, “Listen, I don’t have much time! I need you to-“

“Aaand that’s enough talking,” A male voice interrupted. Eddie listened as a loud crash when off with a scream. There was a loud thud, and that’s when Edward started to grow frantic.

“TAMMY! Tammy are you there?! Tammy!” Eddie called out desperately for her to answer, but there was no such luck. Then, he heard someone pick up the phone.

“Good evening Mr. Richards,” A voice laced with liquid sugar spoke out, “Nice night, isn’t it?”

"His voice," Eddie thought, "His voice isn't normal. He's using some sort of changer. Damn!"

“Who the fuck are you?” Eddie hissed, “What’re you doing to Tammy?!”

“Calm down, calm down, she’s fine,” The attacker replied, “But if I were you, I’d hurry up and get over here.”

“What?! Where’s here?! Where are you?! ANSWER ME!” Eddie yelled out.

“So much blood…” The male voice stated sadly, “…Well, it’s no use crying over spilt milk, or in this case blood, so I’ll get to the point. You, my dearest Richards need to stop what you’re doing. Stick your grimy nose in this case one more time, and someone’s going to get really hurt.”

“Where’s Tammy?” Eddie asked, trying to calm his erratic breathing.

“She’s at her house right now,” The attacker replied in a bored tone, “But, like I said, you’d better hurry.”

“Mark my words…” Eddie hissed, "I'm going to find you, and when I get the chance I'm going to bring you down! Do you hear me?!!"

“Of course you are,” The attacker spoke, “I better go now, she's quite squirmy...Oh, and Richards?”

“What?”

“Smile more, won’t you?”

Eddie's eyes widened as a bone chilling giggle went off on the other side.

“See you soon.”

And with those words, the attacker hung up. Eddie immediately dropped his phone and grabbed his coat.

"Everyone! Tammy's in danger! Get your coats we've got a CODE RED!" He yelled out.

All the policemen rushed into action and hopped into their squad cars. Eddie loaded his gun and cocked it. As he did so, he briefly closed his eyes and prayed to God. He prayed that Tammy would be safe, that she wouldn't be hurt, and that they would catch the killer and bring him to absolute justice.
♠ ♠ ♠
**IF YOU DON'T GET IT: Oli and Calla staged the break in. They screwed up the house and made a huge fuss about things, making the Neighbor call and file a missing person's report. Since Eddie was suspicious in the beginning, and that Jenny and Troy are close to him, The two knew that he would be coming (regardless of how many cops would've come.) So while he was off being distracted by Calla, Oli tracked down Tammy, broke in, and took over the household. He then made the call to Eddie. Get it? Got it. Good.

Shout-outs in the next Chapter. Sorry if it's confusing, I'll clear it up later.
Gtg.
Skyler!