Status: omfg I have 10 STARS! eee! You guys are epic. ^.^

Chelsea Smile.

Chapter 5: We Are The Ruthless.

Calla smacked on her gum as Oli rolled down the windows. The warm breeze blew throughout the car as they sped down the empty road. Calla’s dark brown eyes looked up at the golden fields full of freshly grown sunflowers. She set down the map and touched Oli’s arm.

“Can we stop to pick some?” She asked sweetly. Oli looked over at what she was pointing at and smiled.

“Sure thing, Love,” He pulled the car over and put it in park. Calla ran out into the fields and picked a few large ones by the stem. Oli leaned against the car and watched as his beautiful girlfriend picked a sunflower and stared at it. She gently touched the big brown center and smiled. She picked three more and rushed back towards Oli. She handed him one with a smile. He giggled a little and placed a kiss on her cheek. A few minutes later, the couple was back in the car, and heading towards London.

“If we take this road, we’ll head straight down towards London,” Calla announced. Oli nodded as he slipped on his sunglasses and put the radio on. Calla hummed with The Yeah Yeah Yeahs as the golden yellow fields rushed by. She slipped on her sunglasses and got out her pack of Djarum Black cigarettes. She put one to her lips and handed one to Oli. He looked over briefly and took it from her hands. He put his to his lips as she flicked on her lighter and lit her cigarette. She took a small hit and handed the lighter over, exhaling smoke slowly. Oli lit his and took a hit. Calla then tuned her attention into the radio. A woman was reporting something important.

"That was the Yeah Yeah Yeahs singing 'Maps' live from Liverpool. Alright, it's 2:30 pm and time for your daily dose of news casting. As we all know, there's been a recent jump in murders happening around the Steel City area. Two more bodies have been discovered within several hours of each other and are being investigated as of right now. On the case is world renowned detective Edward Jonathan Richards. He's cracked over 58 homicide mysteries and 10 cold cases in the UK alone as of spring 1997 when he first started. The Yard says they are confident in finding the killer and bringing him to justice. Well, I say good luck men."

"They think we're one person," Oli scoffed, taking a drag.

"We've gotta be careful of that Richards bloke, they say he's smart," Calla warned. Oli smiled lightly and leaned over, pecking her on the cheek.

"Don't worry love, when we're done, he'll be dead with the rest of 'em," He assured. Calla smiled at him and nodded. In the back of her mind though, she wasn't so sure about Oli's statement. This Richards guy isn't like the rest of them. He takes time, precision. He isn't sloppy and running around like those Dumb-ass pigs usually do. She couldn't take him lightly.

&&&&&&&

After several stops and several hours of driving, the couple had finally made it to London.

“A couple down in the city has a guest room waiting for us,” Oli announced, “I had the pleasure in calling them and making the payment for an overnight stay.”

”Can’t we go to a hotel?” She asked.

“It’ll be much easier to leave a guest room than it is a hotel,” He explained, “There are no cameras around.”

Calla furrowed for a moment and turned to look at her boyfriend. He continued to stare ahead as he turned onto another road. A sudden thought popped into her head.

”Love, are you…actually planning on picking off someone tonight?” She asked curiously.

”No, but it never hurts to be safe,” He replied, “Unless you want to…”

Calla shrugged her shoulders and dug through her purse to pull out her cigarettes.

“Bloody hell,” She hissed, “I’m all out of blacks, Oli do you have any?”

“Nope, we’ll stop at the gas station,” He replied.

A few minutes later Oli pulled up into the Gas station. It was twilight out, and there was only one car in the parking lot. Oli shut the door and walked inside, slipping out his wallet. He walked over to the cashier. He was a grown man, late 30’s early 40’s, and sporting a 5:00 shadow. He was currently indulged in his comic book. Oli tapped on the counter and cleared his throat with a cough. The man looked up at him briefly and then back down at his comic.

“Excuse me,” Oli asked out.

No answer.

“Excuse me!” Oli snapped.

“What?” The man replied in a snippy tone. Oli curled his bottom lip inwards and let out a huff.

“I’d like two packs of Djarum Blacks, one Cherry and the other Vanilla, and a pack of Camel Lights,”

“Jeeze, heavy smoker aren’t ya?” The man replied, opening up the case. Oli chewed on the inside of his cheek a little, not bothering to answer his question. The clerk put on the counter his order and rang them up.

“€30 please,” The clerk replied. Oli rolled his eyes and pulled out three €10 banknotes. Just as he handed him the money, Oli's cell buzzed in his pocket. He slipped it out and read the text. It was from Calla.

Can you get us some drinks and a bag of crisps?

Oli turned his head and looked out towards the car. Calla was giving him puppy dog eyes and jutting her bottom lip out. Oli scoffed and shook his head.

"Hold up, I've got to get a few more things," Oli told the cashier.

"Well hurry up," The man grumbled in annoyance. Oli stared at the man blankly, blinking a few times.

"Are you always such a dick?" He asked.

"Hey buddy, I own this store," The man retorted, "I paid for it, so I'll treat ya however I want."

"No you won't," Oli spoke.

"Yes I will,"

"No, you won't,"

"Yes, I will," The man finalized, "If you don't like me, you can leave right now, I don't give a fu-"

Just then, a man dressed in black and wearing a mask burst through the doors. He held the gun straight in the air and fired off a shot.

"ALRIGHT! GET ON THE GROUND! GET ON THE GROUND NOW!"

The cashier screamed bloody murder and hit the floor. Oli slowly got on his knees. The burglar pointed his gun over to the cashier and started yelling.

"Open the register! OPEN IT NOW!"

"OKAY! Don't kill me! Please!" The cashier screamed, fumbling around for the key. His hands shook violently as he attempted to put it in the lock. The Burglar pointed his gun over to Oli who was face flat on the floor.

"Get outta here! NOW!"

Oli didn't budge. The Burglar stepped closer and pointed the gun at his skull.

"Did you fucking hear me?! I said get the fuck out!!"

Oli's lips curled into a smirk against the cold tile. He slowly got up off the ground and held his hands in the air. He looked directly into the robber's dark eyes. He could tell the boy was scared, flustered, and desperate. The boy's eyes told his entire story, his past. He was one of the lost, the hurt. He wanted change, he wanted to be somebody, somebody with power. He wanted revenge on the world for screwing him over. He needed blood.

"What's your name?" Oli asked slowly.

"What?!" The burglar asked.

"Tell me your name," Oli repeated.

"I'm not telling you my name, motherfucker!" He turned to the cashier, "I thought I told you to fucking Open it!!"

"I-I-I'M SORRY! THE LOCK WON'T BUDGE! IT WON'T O-"

Suddenly, the window next to them shattered. The Cashier's head jerked to the side. His right temple burst open and blood and bone fragments came flying out. The burglar jerked in shock and looked over at the shooter. A young woman was standing outside, firmly holding a 9mm in her hands. She stepped through the window and walked over to Oli.

"Are you alright?" She asked in concern, kissing him on the cheek. A smile stretched across Oli's face as he dipped down into her lips. The robber looked at the two, and then at the cashier in shock.

"Was...Was that...aimed for me?" He asked hesitantly. Calla broke away from Oli's kiss and looked at him.

"No, why would you think that?" She asked curiously. The robber could tell she wasn't sarcastic, and that kind of freaked him out.

"Why on earth would you do that for me?" He asked curiously.

"You're just like us," Oli answered, "You just wanted revenge."

The young man bit his lip and let out a small sigh. He slowly pulled off his mask and wiped some hair out of his face.

"I'm Curtis, Curtis Ward," he replied.

"I'm Calla, and this is Oliver," Calla spoke. Oli looked down and noticed the white plastic band on Curtis's wrist.

"You're from the Psychiatric Hospital in Steel City, aren't you?" He asked. Curtis looked over at him in surprise.

"How'd you know?"

"You've got a Lancaster accent, and that band on your arm says SPH," He replied. Curtis looked down at his arm and rubbed it.

"I-I escaped...those people were Nazi’s over there. They treated us like shit," He looked up at the couple solemnly, "They hurt us there, you know. They make it look like we do it to ourselves. That way our parents make us stay longer in that hell-hole. I-I escaped with my friend Lee but...but we had to split up and...and..."

Calla walked over and patted Curtis on the shoulder. A tear rolled down the black haired boy's cheek as he sniffled. He wiped his nose on his sleeve and looked over at Oli.

"Where are you two headed?"

"To London, we've got...business to attend to there," Calla replied, thinking over her words.

"What kind of business?" Curtis asked curiously.

"The kind that's none of yours," Oli replied, "C'mon, we've gotta split before that Richards bloke gets here."

"Richards? Edward Richards? He's on that Massacre Case that everyone's been freaking out abou..."

Curtis trailed off for a moment and stared at the two with wide eyes. A small smile appeared on Oli and Calla's faces.

"Bloody Hell..." Curtis rasped out, "You two...You two are the ones who's been killing! You are aren't you! I knew it had to be two people! No one believed me you know. Everyone said that it was one person, but I knew that it didn't play out since-"

"Do you ever shut up?!" Oli snapped out, "Listen, we can't stay here for long! So I suggest that you grab what you came for and split! Calla, let's stock up."

Curtis watched as Calla leapt over the table and stuffed loads of cigarettes in a plastic bag. Oli grabbed food, lighters, drinks, canned goods, magazines, candy, anything they could get their hands on. Curtis leapt over the counter and picked the lock on the register open. The door popped open with a 'ding!' and revealed loads of money. He grabbed a wads of bills and coins and stuffed it into his backpack. Once he emptied the register, he looked over at the TV next to him that was filming the whole ordeal. He pressed the eject button with his glove clad hand and took the tape that had revealed their identities.

Once he was done, he rushed outside and saw Oli and Calla start their car. He bolted towards their car and knocked on the window. Oli looked at him and rolled his eyes, rolling down the window.

"What?!" Oli asked out sharply.

"Listen, I just wanted to say that I fully support you," Curtis replied, "I believe in you guys, and it's not just me either. Tons of people at the hospital are talking about you guys. You really are our heroes, you know? I promise, I won't tell anyone who you are. And, well..."

He pulled out a stack of bills from his pocket and handed it to them.

"...Here. Take this, and keep fighting for us, okay?"

Oli slowly took the money and looked at Curtis with a nod.

"You're a good guy, Curtis, you keep fighting too," He encouraged. Curtis beamed and nodded rapidly.

"I will," He replied, "And if I ever see that Richards bloke, I'll kill him for you guys. Alright? I will! Curtis Ward always keeps his promises, I'll tell ya that much."

"Thank you Curtis, and good luck," Calla spoke out. Oli started the car and sped off down the road. Calla watched through the rear-view mirror as Curtis waved goodbye and ran out into the darkness. She let out a sigh and smiled lightly.

"Can you believe that Oli? We've got people behind us," She stated, "Our vision is finally being realized by the world."
♠ ♠ ♠
awww, no love yet?? Really?
I've got 23 readers, and none of you can leave so much as a "Update soon" ???
Fine. Then to convince your fingers to type that comment, here's a gift for you.

HA! Now you have to do it!!
SKYLER