Status: Semi-Active

You Can Only Hold A Grudge For So Long

Chapter 1. Part 2

After the great-and by great I mean completely not great-news I was just told, I can already tell that this Thanksgiving is going to be one of the least thankful ones of my entire 16 years of existence.
"Brendon Boyd. You that it's not polite to be like this." My dad had told me.
Frankly, politeness is the last thing on my list of things to think about.
"Do you know what you're doing for Thanksgiving yet?" Jon asked me as we were walking into one of my least favorite places to be.
"Yeah. He decided to ruin both my life and reputation in one single day." I said bitterly. He gave me a questioning look.
"Care to elaborate?"
"He invited the.......Ross'." I spat pronouncing the last name with as much acidity as possible. He mouthed an 'O' and nodded his head.
"I was going to ask you if you wanted to come over to my place but I see that your dad probably won't let you now." He explained.
"Well I wish you would have told be that sooner."
"Sorry. I'm forgetful. You know that." He defended. I sighed.
"It's OK man. I'll get though it. Even if it means pretending I'm puking up my guts and just can't come out of my room." Jon laughed at that one.
"I'll talk to you later." He said heading for his locker. I waved and then felt my phone vibrate in my pocket just like it did every day around this time.
Good morning BrennyBear :) I smiled and quickly replied.
And the same to you my love. <3 Then the ever so predictable tardy bell rang alerting all the students that they could now get a call home for being late. I, however, was not in any hurry. Getting to class just meant that the day would start to go by and then before I knew it, would be over. And then Thanksgiving would be staring me right in the face. I took my time getting to my locker, even deciding to re-arrange my books while I was there. Again my phone vibrated and I took it out of my pocket.
How did you sleep? I began to reply, but my phone was snatched out of my hand and I looked up into the face of the principal.
"I suspect that you are getting to class Mr. Urie. Am I correct?" Mr. Landry asked slipping my phone into his pocket. I sighed.
"Yes sir." I said and grabbed a few books out of my locker and started for my first class.
"And Mr. Urie-" He started. I turned around. "You can have your parents come by to pick up your phone." He said with a meaningful look. I nodded and then he turned around. I couldn't resist the urge to flip him off. So I did. Then I silently laughed to myself and started off to my first class.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me if the font is too small. because apparantly, some people can't read it!